When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Reliable Daytona...is this possible?

irolexu

As the title states...I've always loved the Daytona and I have read on some dealers sights that they have a more reliable 31 jewel movement and don't know what to think of it. Also I know that the a7750 has been modded to be better and if

I can do that who would be the best to do the job. And also if I do get it modded can I safely use the chrono features?

Quick answer,

The "improved" 31 jewels version is marketing, it's still a timebomb.

The graphite treatment of the movement is not proved to be 100% functional, and is not cheap.

Domenico have said he has "the" solution to make the movement reliable, when The Zig said he is not convinced about the result.

Anyway, my opinion is it does not worth the cost, just compare photos of rep Daytona's and gen, the rep is still not good at all...

Case is fat, dial is ugly, etc, etc, etc.

Just my 2 cents :)

9 hours less running per day.. so hacking will help.. still not ideal. Another options is just hand wind the thing up to full every morning, gives it enough grunt to run for the full day.

Mind you with the 3135 being replicated maybe the 4130 will get done.. it would be a fairly easy movement to copy really, (as copying movements goes), it's built for volume production and reliability.. so all the parts are nice and big.. and there aren't too many.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...