When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega PO 45,5 bezel ring (aftermarket) ?

tgchrono2

looks to be the same as i what i ordered from watchtailor.com...they also operate out of texas (or so they say) and have an ebay store...im expecting it in the next 10 days so will let you know-unless someone else has already bought one and fitted it...looks to be fine though.

thats the question, i changed an orange rep bezel insert i had on a rep bezel ages ago to a black one, from another planet ocean rep-both 45mm, yet the bezel inserts werent the same size-by about half a mm...i do know on the gen bezel, some people have removed the insert and filled it down to fit a rep bezel, only to find it needed thining around the outer edge too as it was too wide, so if its made to gen size it may need some material removed to fit...hmmm, who knows! im hoping the one ive ordered will fit fine, will report back when i have it, but hopfully someone else may answer by then who has already got one...

it's hard to see but the pearl ring looks raised which it isnt on the gen...

I agree that the pearl/ring doesn't look 100% to me - but then again I've been staring at PO bezels for hours the last few weeks. Maybe it's the light in that particular shot though because the pearls in the other rep pictures that the eBay seller has looks better imo.

if you want the pearl to be perfect, its either a gen bezel and mod the insert to fit the rep assembly or put up with it really...or go for the 5th generation 42mm rep, they have pretty much perfect pearl placement and appearence...i was one to be picky about the pearl, i bought the gen bezel, and turned out to be more trouble than its worth, now im happy to wear it as it comes and little things like that dont bother me anymore! the search for perfection slowly made me question the hobby, and the money i spent was getting within a couple of hundred quid of buying a used gen planet ocean...

the pearl on those aftermarket inserts does look raised, im planning on removing it and using the pearl that came on my rep bezel...should fit pretty flush then-hopfully lol and a little bit more centered, so if it works i'll be much happier that i spent just £20 instead of when i spent £200 on the gen bezel for my old franken...

gen 45mm bezel is not a straight swap with the rep bezel...and the insert is built into the bezel. you can either glue the entire assembly in place in which case the bezel wont function (this is what i did), machine a ring to fit between case and gen bezel-the gen bezel is too wide for the rep case, or remove the insert carefully then file hell out of the back of it and around the edges until it fits flush on the rep bezel, then carefully glue it on...all too much fuss in my opinion as one who actually tried it...

ive heard the 42mm gen bezel however is a straight swap with the rep-but as the bezel is so close anyway, even pearl placement, edge, colour etc its not really worth it...

I bought a black insert last year from JO for my 5th gen PO.

It was a perfect fit, just snapped in. I wish I could find a gen insert. I missed one on WUS by five minutes last month. The Jo inserts ok, but I'd rather have the gen.

818615ab.jpg