When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pre order up on puretime for Diver V3

The pics of the GEN diver is from a friend of mine DavidSW, great guy, I got all my GEN from him. Best price and best service ever!!!

Did anybody know when they are shipping the Ver. 3 AP Diver. The website stated march 31.

Are there any differences between the G and H series of the henuine? DavidSW owned and have sold both as far as I can tell

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, no differences.

A flaw on the V3 Will be the fact that the movement is high beat vs low beat movt. on the gen.

Thanks!, I can live with the high beat :)

Maybe the first ones will arrive late April...not sure if anyone has received any in advance but that could potenttially have happened in order to to take pics

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, but now expected to be approx. 1 week away.

Noob factory shut down for a week and in addition Angus mentioned one of the factories making the caseback was delayed. Shoudl now be soon though based on what I have read.

To clarify about the differences per Angus

the V1 and V2 were made based on the existing ROO rep parts and high res. photos only, the factory did not have a genuine Diver in their possession.

Many dealers called the ROO Divers 1:1 based on genuine watch dissected but per Angus this was the previous dissecion of the AP ROO chrono being referenced.

This V3 is actually the first AP ROO Diver to be repped from a genuine watch.

It is not really a v3 correcting previous flaws but a V1 attempt at a brand new watch.

Hopefully they will get it right the first time becuase otherwise it could end up having wierd other flaws that the V1 or V2 never had since this is not using any of the same parts.

The pics of the GEN diver is from a friend of mine DavidSW, great guy, I got all my GEN from him. Best price and best service ever!!!

Did anybody know when they are shipping the Ver. 3 AP Diver. The website stated march 31.

He is a good guy on the forums indeed.. Glad to see another member from the gen watch world and forums here, sometimes I feel so awkward being here since I have almost all genuine pieces , but tried out a few reps before buying an actual genuine example of it.. Then I realized, wow, they are just too damn close? Crazy

Anyway can't wait to see this V3 diver... Was just looking into getting a genuine one, or a volcano.. Not sure hrm

• 2 weeks later...

First batch of V3's arrived, 50 asian 50 swiss.

If your lucky and got in early you should get QC pics tomorrow, if not only 3 more days till next batch arrives.

I order the swiss movement, pre order on 3/15/2012. Hopefully I'll make the first batch, this wait is killing me.

Thanks for the heads up.

can't wait to see the QC pics. I have also heard on another forum that another one will be released with a fixed lume, not sure on that rumour though.

Oh, so the lume will be the poor quality as per the pics shown in the pre-order message?

If this is really the case, really is a pity for such a beautiful piece of work in all other aspects.

Eager the see the real thing if the lume will be improved to the proper SL.

Oh, so the lume will be the poor quality as per the pics shown in the pre-order message?

If this is really the case, really is a pity for such a beautiful piece of work in all other aspects.

Yes that's why I don't think Josh is selling this one.

If the lume is disappointing, then I am sure that some members will send their V3 to the modders for new superlume, which was one of the standout mods done to the V2. The pics of the prototype, where the lume seemed poorly applied, were magnified anyway, so it will be interesting to see what the first reviews are like.

N.

Not sure why the confusion on the lume issue!!! Trying to clear this up.

Clearly there has been some dealers spreading what seems like false rumors about lume brand used but that has nothing to do with others are calling bad lume application on the prototype and that is just resulted in all sorts of screwed up posts here.

1.) Noob factory claims they now use genuine SL on any watches advertised as such, many, many months ago they did not.

Some dealers may debate this you can choose to believe who you want to believe. It seems those with an agenda are pushing this negative spin about the Noob factory.

2.) The prototype watch lume application from prototype to final result will not be improved on the V3. On the macro photos it is a little imperfect in terms of the even lit consistancy on the bezel. The dial itself looks perfect even in the macro photos. The gen inner bezel in similar photos does not look perfect to me either.

I find it similar to the IWC costeau models, those reps had no lume on the inner bezel, the gen was lumed but not perfect and looks very much like the V3 lume application.

Many members including myself had The Zigmeister relume their costeau which came out amazing, but in all honesty the end result was a more bright end result and even lit consistancy than the actual gen.

Along the same lines, I am sure some rep owners will send this V3 for The Zigmeister or Vac to relume the inner bezel and in the end their watch will be brighter and more even when lit consistancy than gen.

3.) If you are waiting for a real super lume version in a V4 you are confused.

Only the Noob factory has made the high quality reps of AP Roos and AP Divers,

If in theory a new factory got involved with better lume what are the odds they would get all of the other aspects right.

What you really want is a better Noob factory AP Diver that has a better applied lume, that may or way not ever come and has never been proposed, advertised or rumored.

Not to say it won't happen a few months down the road, especially if members complain after receiving their V3's but as of today this is.

Below is what I have become to believe to be true.

Noob factory made all of the newer AP ROO's high quality reps and is said to be the only factory with access to the seconds at 12 movements currently.

Noob factory made the V2 Diver based on the AP ROO they had already and high res. images.

Noob factory decided it was worth the investment in a genuine watch and machining to make the V2 truly a 1:1 and this is what is now being sold as a V3.

If you want to complain about the prototype and final version lume application, fine that is your right

If you want to claim Noob factory is not using genuine SL but some other formula or brand for lume, fine that is your right.

Just don't confuse the 2 arguments into 1 mixed messsage as they are seperate.

I have no doubt the modded V2's inner bezel will be lumed better in terms of application than these V3's

It is a rep after all, so anyone expecting the same glow intensity and longevity for the inner bezel as a hand applied aftermarket modded one is not being realistic.

That lume looks awesome Gran!