When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello from little Malta!

*Aero*

Hello there! I've been introduced to this forum by my brother (who's an rep watch addict!) I have never personally owned a mechanical watch before and was always a bit wary of reps mainly due to lack of information and knowledge of who supplies proper accurate rep watches. So I always stuck to gens - quartz gens :fool:

After seeing the quality of some of the reps my brother bought (...and also the prices of the gens!) I started to convince myself into getting my first rep. This forum is a mine of information, I've been going through posts and threads for these last couple of days since I registered, and now I think I can take a right and informed purchase...I hope!

My first will be the "Tag Heuer grand carrera calibre 36", I like this watch and found some good places where to buy good quality one ( recommended by RWG) Will place the order soon.

I would like to find some day a rep of the "Zenith Defy Classic Chrono Aero", this is my absolute preferred watch (even considering buying it gen!) but have not found a good quality rep yet :g:

Thats it for now - thanks to all for the good work on this forum and keep it up!

Thanks to all - you all look like a helpful lot.

@strormtrooper4 - you travelled a long way from Australia to Gozo! Agree, its a nice island and life there is somewhat more relaxed.

@Zeleni Kukuruz - true our soccer team is not so good, but hey what you'd expect, that's what we could find from a population of 400k. :g:

If by any chance anyone comes across a good rep of the Zenith chrono aero I'd be grateful if you'd give me a shout. Thanks

03.0526.4000.21.M526.jpg

Edited by *Aero*

I'll have to wait for my Zenith then....maybe one day I might get a gen one as a present, who knows!

The VCs are real nice watches but not much to my liking - but you're right Gran, the emblem fits well for my nationality.

Off to get my first one then...time to take the decision! Will post some pics as soon as I get it...if all goes well...

So yesterday I've placed my order for my first rep...from Angus...but today after reading some reviews about him I sort of wish I had not! :g:

Lets hope he's not as described on the reviews and that my watch arrives without any trouble.

Bumped into the first obstacle <_< puretime just informed me that my Grand carrera is out of stock, and they don't know when it will be back in stock either - so they suggest I choose another watch.

Problem is I want THAT watch and cant think of something else!

Bad start for my first rep acquisition :bangin:

Bumped into the first obstacle <_< puretime just informed me that my Grand carrera is out of stock, and they don't know when it will be back in stock either - so they suggest I choose another watch.

Problem is I want THAT watch and cant think of something else!

Bad start for my first rep acquisition :bangin:

Good for you. Wait until it arrives for sale by a member.

Ok so I've got an update :

On Friday they told me that my watch was not available and that they do not know when the new stock will arrive...so they offered me to choose another model from their range. :nono:

I replied that I'd rather wait until new stock is available and asked for a refund. I also told them that I'm a member of RWG - and was aware of their problems with the authorities at the moment due to the crackdown of the rep factories.

Then yesterday they replied that they had ordered my watch form the factory, and that by that same day or today (Sunday) I 'll have my watch sourced and QC images sent - if not they will refund me!

Wow I said! Lets see - so I replied ok I'll wait, a couple of days or weeks don't matter that much to me!

So this morning I got this mail from puretime and guess what? QC pics in the post - watch is ready for my approval! :)

Will post the images soon and please tell me what you think....

QC photos uploaded, please give your comments.

I think it looks ok from the photos, I asked for an other shot of the back case showing the markings on the rotor.

I also asked for a timegrapher pic, just to confirm its working as I dont know what to make of the values!

post-43500-0-90667100-1333273831.jpg

post-43500-0-41411800-1333273834.jpg

post-43500-0-93178800-1333273835.jpg

post-43500-0-97269100-1333273837.jpg

post-43500-0-78592600-1333273840.jpg

post-43500-0-48000700-1333273843.jpg

post-43500-0-73772100-1333273845.jpg

QC image for watch on timegrapher received... Now have to do a forum search for timegrapher results interpretation :g: I had seen a thread somewhere regarding this...

Puretime also confirmed that the rotor is marked with the correct markings...ie calibre 36

Have to say that until now communication and service is quite good with puretime, now time will tell if my first rep will end up on a good note!

post-43500-0-88312200-1333632518.jpg

Update: I'm the proud owner of a Grand Carrera Calibre 36 RS ! :clap2:

This afternoon received the package, and considering I placed the order on the 22nd March and order dispatched on the 6th April, it only took 6 days for delivery from China to Malta. That's pretty quick for EMS!!

Anyway, I'm really happy with the detail and quality of the watch - and as Jkay said, I think this really is an addictive hobby - I'm looking for my next timepiece :victory:

Will post some pics soon...

Photos as promised, still working fine :)

One thing I've noticed...the large chrono second hand kind of judders, not a smooth sweeping movement, I don't mean the movement's normal beat of 8 bps, its like as if sometimes it skips a couple of beats... not that its bothering me - but just curious if anyone has a similar movement with this same issue.

I've timed it with a quartz watch to see if they keep up the same time, after one day they still match up to the second - maybe its not the best way to check this out - but for me its sufficient!

post-43500-0-20242900-1334399791.jpg

post-43500-0-03672300-1334399801.jpg

post-43500-0-15932300-1334399811.jpg

post-43500-0-41977800-1334399820.jpg

post-43500-0-58061300-1334399828.jpg

post-43500-0-98889100-1334399838.jpg

post-43500-0-22471700-1334399850.jpg