When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian ETA 2836-2 vs. Swiss ETA 2836-2

nouwman

Hey guys!

Completely new to the forums and new to the whole replica watch scene.

I'm thinking about buying a Rolex Milgauss from Andrew and was wondering which movement I should get it in, Asian ETA 2836-2 or Swiss ETA 2836-2.

Thanks!

Do not be under the illusion that if you buy a Swiss ETA it will be a fresh piece out of an ETA sealed blister package. It will be a used movement or new old stock from open palletized inventory susceptible to dirt contamination.

The only advantage to purchasing gen ETA is that if it should physically break, you have easy access to parts. If a China clone ETA physically breaks, parts may or may not fit. Some do and some do not. Your option would be to purchase a new clone ETA from a parts supply house like Otto Frei or a genuine Swiss ETA movement to replace the broken clone.

It's really your call. There is nothing "wrong" with china clone ETA movements.

I'm also new to this hobby. And I've always thought that swiss ETA was an actual new ETA movement. None of the dealers express that it is used. Reading around the forums, many people have mentioned that the swiss ETA has better reliability compared to the Asian clone.

I am about to purchase a few reps and I was thinking of getting the Swiss just for the piece of mind that it should last longer.

It is hit and miss with any replica watch movement. In Switzerland, every assembly room is a sealed dust free space. In China, the watches are assembled while balanced on someone's lunch.

You can buy Swiss ETA and it will have a big black hair inside of it. It is the luck of the draw. Every 3 to 5 years, every mechanical watch should be serviced. The oil naturally evaporates over time. Some replicas have movements which arrive to you in need of a service

• 2 months later...

you can really trust to trustytime!after advices of my 2 frends who purchased from Andrew some wathces i have bought 2 Rolex Milgauss green sapphire glass (forme and for my brother). mine i have opened and checked inside, it is not true that used or watever. Brand new in exelllent confidion mechanism and the power reserve is amazing, up to 35 hours. Buy the way Andrew is responding to the question immediately and very gently.

dont hesitate to for trustytime

you can really trust to trustytime!after advices of my 2 frends who purchased from Andrew some wathces i have bought 2 Rolex Milgauss green sapphire glass (forme and for my brother). mine i have opened and checked inside, it is not true that used or watever. Brand new in exelllent confidion mechanism and the power reserve is amazing, up to 35 hours. Buy the way Andrew is responding to the question immediately and very gently.

dont hesitate to for trustytime

Trusty is very good, but again, I must say that the dealer is not the factory. Trusty has no control over the conditions at the factory. Yes you got a great watch but it is the same watch you can buy from any trusted dealer. Choose a dealer based on price and service. They all sell the same watch.

• Like 1