When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Diver QC - Tell me i'm crazy

be grateful you even see pics of your watch, it wasn't very long ago that, with the exception of Ruby, you got what you got.....

Angus is by far one of the better dealers in this regard, and as mentioned, he will take the time to try and make you happy.

It's probably turning into a huge [censored] pain now as everyone is getting incredibly picky over tiny macro details and forgetting that these are fake watches banged out as fast as reasonably possible for a fraction of the cost of a gen, they will never be perfect.

I got my pics on Sunday, my bezel is not perfect, it doesn't bug me and no one else that I'll ever meet likely cares either.

Edited by asiparks

be grateful you even see pics of your watch, it wasn't very long ago that, with the exception of Ruby, you got what you got.....

Angus is by far one of the better dealers in this regard, and as mentioned, he will take the time to try and make you happy.

It's probably turning into a huge [censored] pain now as everyone is getting incredibly picky over tiny macro details and forgetting that these are fake watches banged out as fast as reasonably possible for a fraction of the cost of a gen, they will never be perfect.

I got my pics on Sunday, my bezel is not perfect, it doesn't bug me and no one else that I'll ever meet likely cares either.

So true! I forgot all about Ruby! I even was saying to Angus how far reps have come in 10 years!! Back in the day it was EL, then the new guy with Pam's was DSN! Some of those early watches would have driven the newest members crazy.

So true! I forgot all about Ruby! I even was saying to Angus how far reps have come in 10 years!! Back in the day it was EL, then the new guy with Pam's was DSN! Some of those early watches would have driven the newest members crazy.

Lol. I'm a member of the loupe police now, but my first Pam was a DSN. The case back engravings were lazered on, the lug holes were completely in the wrong spot (your straps would always rub against the case), lume was incorrectly applied (visible to the naked eye), crown guard pin was the wrong shape, AR was blue, crown was tiny, crown guard lever was floppy, strap was laughable. Oh, and the case was completely the wrong material (titanium instead of brushed steel). So basically there was no part of the watch without major flaws. And yesterday, I was complaining to angus about a fleck of dust under the crystal of my AP diver.

We're a spoiled bunch.

• Like 1

Hi Guys...

FYI - I just received my 2nd set of QC pics... this one looks a little better but I'm still thinking about saying no. Again - the markers at the lower half are troublesome and the lume on the "50" seems uneven again (always the 50....) and I think I can see spots of lume on the dial under the "50" as well...

Screws look okay though

What d'ya think?

Thanks

A

post-18710-0-36766600-1338371448_thumb.j

I think I was offered this exact watch some minutes ago :)

I'm in no rush - hard to see why it is that hard to get the innerbezel correct?

Hi Guys...

FYI - I just received my 2nd set of QC pics... this one looks a little better but I'm still thinking about saying no. Again - the markers at the lower half are troublesome and the lume on the "50" seems uneven again (always the 50....) and I think I can see spots of lume on the dial under the "50" as well...

Screws look okay though

What d'ya think?

Thanks

A

post-18710-0-36766600-1338371448_thumb.j

I think I was offered this exact watch some minutes ago :)

Really - huh! No surprise, I am sure that they will be recycling through the rejected models - what choice will they have...

It's a shame... I also remember a time before QC pics and it was very hit and miss with the quality... however these are not $200 watches and they have been built up, advertised and PRE-SOLD as 1:1 by an "expert" rep maker known for hitting "bulls eye's"...

Perhaps he'd had a few beers by the time he was throwing his darts and the board because there certainly seems to be an ongoing issue with the lume and inner bezel. Maybe they are rushing them into production now?

Think I'm gonna say no on my 2nd one... shame but I've waited this long... may as well wait a little bit longer...

A

When a factory receives a batch of bad parts, they are used regardless. There will be no good watches until all the bad watches are sold and another batch is run.

The bad 10 dssd??? A crooked dial killed a whole dealership .. 45mm UPO with bad dial print spacing???

These 3 example watches did not just go away. They were sold to *someone* who cared a little less than you, then the next factory run fixed the issue.

• Like 1

When a factory receives a batch of bad parts, they are used regardless. There will be no good watches until all the bad watches are sold and another batch is run.

The bad 10 dssd??? A crooked dial killed a whole dealership .. 45mm UPO with bad dial print spacing???

These 3 example watches did not just go away. They were sold to *someone* who cared a little less than you, then the next factory run fixed the issue.

Well put...

:)

Nice to know, sad to hear :)

Well, I bought a V2 that I sent to Uwe for modding (with excellent and crap result - how hard is it to remove fingerprints from hands?)

Anyway, the inner bezel on my V2 isn't that great and I gave that watch away. So this time I want something that "easy" to be correct at once.

Just took delivery of mine this morning.

Such a great watch and rep.

Always exciting to get a new watch, but 2 things really stand out to me:

1.) the build quality is really outstanding on this

2.) this is the most comfortable watch on the wrist that I own. It really fits like a glove. I never felt the AP ROO chronos sat well on me, always worn a little too tall to be comfy and I hated the deployant buckle.

I did get lucky with a perfectly lined up bezel, but on my QC pic I noticed my 5 in 50 on the bezel lume looked a little spotty, same as Anics is showing in his pic above.

and also on mine thought there might be something very slight with the triangle lume.

I approved it and said nothing to the dealer (Angus) but now that I have it in hand, there is no way I would ever see that issue in person.

The bezel is really magnified in those macro QC photos.

I agree with making sure you get a lined up bezel as that is important and they are available with perfect alignment,but don't sweat what looks like minor lume imperfections on the inner bezel numbers or triangle, you will not see them under regular inspection (un-magnified)

Only think that bugs me is that stupid BLUE ar on the cyclops.

post-18710-1338476316.jpg

Got this qc pic this morning (number 3) and accepted it. Looks pretty decent apart from, maybe a small spec of Lume on the dial that I can deal with...

Let's see when it turns up...

A

The 11 o'clock marker is definitely off, such a shame considering how good the rest of it looks. I'm still thinking of accepting since I probably won't notice in real life with my bad eyes anyways.

post-277-0-77611800-1338806337_thumb.jpg

post-277-0-85400600-1338806364_thumb.jpg

It would be a shame, if you don't accept this one! It is perfect! Take it!

It would be a shame, if you don't accept this one! It is perfect! Take it!

Thought so. It's been quite a few years since I ordered my last rep, before this age of getting QC pics. I remember the old days where we would just send our payment, cross our fingers and hope for the best.

This is what I hope to receive tomorrow :)

Of course...it didn't arrive. I HATE GLS... since they took over delivery of royal mail parcels from the uk it takes at lease twice as long as before.

9 days from uk... and still not here... you got to be kidding me.

tracking says they stored it in their depot... arrived this night, but apparently they were too lazy to put it on the delivery truck this morning.

I'm still waiting for my QC pics. How long did it take for them to send you QC after you placed your orders?

The wait is killing me ..... Im refreshing my mailbox every 10 mins.....have got order anxiety...

Is it right to say that only Angus carries the V3 diver?