When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Price Angels replica list

Poker

Price Angels sell a lot of cheap chinese gadgets, including watches. A lot of those watches are replicas, but unfortunately they don't list the brand and even go as far as to mask the logos on the watches. Presumably to avoid the wrath of the brands... So it's hard to get an overview of what they have to offer.

So I decided to code a small app using Google docs to scrape the PA site and make a comprehensive list of all their reps.

It's a bit tricky since some of the models can only be found if you are logged in and have the direct link.

I focused on men's mechanical watches, but there are some lady models and quartz models in there as well.

The list has over 600 watches listed at the moment and can be found at http://goo.gl/H9D4U

Sorry for the ugly layout, but there's not much you can do design-wise with Google docs...

There's a bunch of watches listed at the end that I haven't been able to identify, so if you know what they are please feel free to send me a pm and I'll update the list. Also let me know if you have any links to "hidden" watches not already on the list or other missing models.

• Like 1

Very nicely done to extract that information from the Price Angels website. Really appreciate your effort on this.

What has been the experience of others with the Price Angels watches. Are there other similar sites for reasonably credivle "beaters"?

I spent the weekend identifying some unknown models and adding new ones, including a bunch of "hidden" watches and more of the quartz offerings. Including the $4 Ice Watch replicas... :frog1:

One of the unlisted watches I found was none other than the (in)famous Colamariner. (Note that you have to be signed it at PA in order for the link to work.) At less than $38 shipped, I'm tempted to get this piece of replica history. lol

With these additions the list is now over 700 items big. :good: I still need help identifying the remaining unknowns, so let me know if you know what brand they are.

On the technical side, in general terms how do you go about striping a site?

It's a custom app written using Google Apps Script. The code fetches the raw html pages from the PA site and then filters out the relevant data using regex. The data is then inserted into a Google Docs spreadsheet. That spreadsheet is then set to publish the data live as a html webpage.

Edited by Poker

A few of your links do not work though.

Let me know which ones don't work and I'll update it.

Note that some watches won't show unless you are logged in with your PA account. These are marked in orange in my list. Also, the ones in red are items that seem to have been removed from PA. I keep those around a while in case they are temporarily out of stock or something.

I will go through them to see if I can find the dead links again. I thought I was looged on but wasn't so there will probably only be a few.

On another note, when they specify a Mechanical Movement, do they mean automatic, as in a21j?

Also, did you go through all of their watches or just most?

when they specify a Mechanical Movement, do they mean automatic, as in a21j?

Mechanical = A21J. Probably automatic, but some might be hand-winded.

One problem is that they sometimes don't mention what kind of movement the watch has. In those cases I would assume it's a quartz.

Also, did you go through all of their watches or just most?

They have over 5000 watches visible plus however many more that are "hidden". So no, I haven't gone through them all.

But I think I have covered all of the important ones such as the $30+ Men's watches. Plus quite a lot of Women's watches and certain cheaper (< $10) quartzes that I could identify, like the Ice Watch range.

The list is currently over 800 items long. :clap2:

After a week of coding I have created a new version of the list. :1a:

Improvements include

• Each brand has its own page, faster loading.
  • Better layout, easier on the eyes.
  • Brands sorted by price, better navigation.

In addition to the new format, I have also added new and updated old watches. The total count is now 850.

The new url for the list is https://sites.google...site/pareplicas

As usual, feel free to supply info about unidentified watches and/or suggest other improvements!

Incredible list! I went through it the other day and did not find any dead links. I have ordered a bunch of cheapies along with a few more expensive ones. I hope they are as good as they seem.

In addition, after reading another post (http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=31694), I suggest using the codes available here: http://mrrebates.com/search_stores.asp?k=priceangels&g_search_option=S

If you follow the instructions on the other post, you can save even more with video reviews and signing up with Mr. Rebates.

3% off: PARF2012

4$ off any order over 80$: PA4OFF80

• 2 weeks later...

I added a bunch of cheaper (quartz) watches, pushing the list total to 1100+

I really wish PA had a better way to search for items. For example, they recently added a lot of new Ice Watch models. But only six out of sixty or so are listed as new. The rest are well hidden for some reason. If you have the direct link you can see them (even if not logged in) so it's not that type of hiding... Anyways, I think I have managed to add most of the new additions; the Ice Watch section now has more than 100 watches.

I can't edit the first post in this thread, so remember that the list url has changed to https://sites.google...site/pareplicas

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The list has been updated with some recently added watches and is now 1250 items big. B)

Priceangels seems to have changed how the "hidden" items are handled. Before, you had to be logged in to your PA account in order to see them, but even that doesn't work at the moment. The watches are still possible to order if you use the link I have added to the hidden items in the list. I also added links to the pictures so you can take a better look at the watch even though the info page is unavailable at the moment.

(I also added a page with their replica headphones, since there was some interest in those.)

Just amazing! I did notice that about their hidden watches. I also noticed they added a number of look-alike watches that are branded differently (not replicas). Thanks to your list, I have ordered many watches and have more on the way! I had a couple small issues but for the price I am still happy.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...