When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A problem with user lunarglide ? Anyone else have problems ?

Guest Gotohavearolexnow

Guest Gotohavearolexnow

I bought a rolex submariner rep on the 6th July from lunarglide he sent me a tracking number for the watch a few days later, but still to this day the watch has not come the tracking says still in transit etc , he then told me to wait 15 working days and if it still had not come he would refund me , well I waited the 15 days I've also involved a mod on this he's now not answering my emails again and says he cannot claim as it's jewellery , then why tell me to wait 15 working days ? If he new he could not claim anyway ? Something don't add up here I'm £45.00 out of pocket he's disappeared I wanted to know if anyone else has had problems with him ? As it looks as if my monies gone he also told me to do paypal gift to save fees ? And like a fool I did so I cannot claim through paypal either ? Seems to know what he's doing here , the only chance I have is contacting my credit card company to see if they can do something I'm hoping this is a one off and I've been unlucky , anybody with similar problems with this seller please let me know.

So the tracking number works on the system..?

Has there been any changes to it?

What was method? Some tracking numbers only show 'In transit' you only get a change once the item has been delivered.... (Similar to Royal Mail 'Signed for')

Have you tried calling Royal Mail? Sometimes they have more info than can be seen on thier website.... especially if its as above...

Where is it coming from? Sometimes you get a track number... but in fact its only a customs number.... that basically means its not tracked and has been sent standard international...

There is a big difference between a customs tracking number and a tracking number for Registered (EMS) or 'Signed for'

I have had a standard sent package take a week I have had one that took 3 months !!

So it UK given his profile.... recorded never gives tracking.... it only changes upon delivery and item being signed for....

If you call RM they can tell you address it was sent to as it recorded on the RM system when its sent.... Also the member should have the receipt ask him or Mod to ask him to send pic of the receipt.... The receipt shows the address the item was sent to and the tracking number to confirm it was sent to your address.... he should still have it given your PMs to him... if he doesnt then it wasnt sent as far as your concerned...and I am sure mods will say same thing....

Recorded gives you £39 or £41 insurance automatically..... for that amount you neednt mention Jewellery in any insurance claim... Just say Watch straps... that not unreasonable.. in fact you can say more or less anything.... thery dont ask for declaration at the post office.... the package is just automatically given the insurance when sent recorded...

Though for reference SD is £500 ...

Try PM to him asking for the pic of reciept... give him 24 Hrs then contact mods...

Guest Gotohavearolexnow

I've had the tracking number from him and I've been to the royal mail sorting office , twice and it's not there either , I've asked him for receipt but not had anything from him , he's now not answering my pms I've old him he can claim for whatever he wants yet he's not answered me and it's going on and on now , I've given him ample chances to sort this out yet he has failed to do so , I told him I'd put him on this forum and he could not care less so I don't know where I go from here .

You need to call RM central not the sorting office.... they can access the details

Go to FxrAndy.... explain all... he can contact the guy direct asking him for the info

Guest Gotohavearolexnow

Surely he should be doing all this ? I've already spoken to a mod who has contacted him , yet he still will not answer me or refund me , just want to warn others about him .

Surely he should be doing all this ? I've already spoken to a mod who has contacted him , yet he still will not answer me or refund me , just want to warn others about him .

Mate..... The Mods dont get paid for this or do they do things on a full time basis.... Andy could be doing anything at the moment in the real world...

Start by calling RM direct.... not the sorting office.... Customer services.... explain you bought an item you have been given this tracking number but have seen nothing since it was posted.... explain you tried emailing seller but have no response (might be on holidays etc).... and ask for their help... can they locate it on the system? What address was it sent to? When was it sent? If they are uncomfortable telling you direct then ask them if they can confirm if it was sent on the date you got tracking number? If it was sent to your address? etc ....when I have spoken to them before they have always been very helpful

Once you have the info then PM Andy direct with the outcome of your discussion with RM customer services.... and overall concerns...

Why me?

What's the guys address I will send the boys round and have him sorted

Well your the best looking.......

Or so you keep telling us !! :)

Right being as Pete dragged me into this i have PMed the Lunarglide, I also had a deal with this seller at the same time and my item has arrived at the designated address about 3 weeks ago.

I have been informed that Lunarglide has done a trace with RM and it cant be found, he has been told to file a claim and if his claim is sucessfull then the buyer will be refunded, And i also belive that is what he has told you Gotohaverolexnow? is that correct?

Ok first I am the mod that was contacted, second I am much better looking than Andy...ask my wife :)

Basically I told the op that if the tracking number had (i) been given and (ii) was working then there was no real reason to expect a scam at this stage.

There is also the fact that it is a low dollar item, so I said it is quite possible that the Olympic's are playing havoc on the mail system at this time.

I also pointed out that there was nothing the mod team could do outside of banning the seller after it was proved that he has in fact scammed so advised him to start this thread.

Ken

Unfortunately Ken .... a wife cannot give evidence to support any assertion you may make....

It wasnt my intention to drag Andy in because of his good looks..... but it was an advantage in case we needed to go public with a TV plea !! :)

I mentioned Andy mainly because I know he knows the UK mail system better than most .... :)

Guest Gotohavearolexnow

I've just rung royal mail who say it mst be lost , they don't keep sender or delivery address details only location it's been sent from then after it's been delivered they get a signature , so they cannot tell me where it is and say the sender must now fill in a claim form , hows he's going to do that when he cannot even answer me ? And surely he's seen this post ? I know he's been on here as I've seen his name at the bottom of the page ? Yet he's still not answering or replying on here ? All I want is a refund it's been over a month now !

Doesn't every sale say something like this disclaimer:

" the SELLER is not responsible for mysterious disapearances, missing packages, loss in the mail, or customs seizures etc..."

Maybe I am missing something here, but normally the seller's responsibility ends when the package is shipped.

He's out the watch, your out 45 pounds, stuff happens sometimes and everyone looses...

• Like 1

Guest Gotohavearolexnow

Yes I understand that , but he can file a claim with the royal mail and he's not doing it as he's no longer answering my messages this is the first parcel I've never had and UK to UK should be next day , so something's happened with the parcel I understand that can happen but the package was insured so he should now file a claim with royal mail .

In my experience filling a claim for anything that goes missing in the postal system is a complete waste of time.

First thing they need and ask for is a receipt for the item you shipped, in this case, the watch...how many of us have receipts for anything we own, I know I don't. Above that, the process is extremely time consuming and a real pain.

Filling a claim is simply not worth the time and effort, I would not file a claim for anything under $500.00 it's cheaper for me to pay the $500.00 than to go through the claim process.

In any case, hope it all works out.

The title of the post should be changed, clearly member Lunarglide is not the problem, the problem is with Royal Mail...

Oh Rob How could you say such disparaging things about this fine institution !!

On a serious note though.....

Sending within UK is pretty reliable especially by Recorded or Special Delivery.

Making a claim is a simple form and is easy to claim.... but it does take time... (About 2 months)

Any seller I am sure would keep any registered receipt until he could confirm receipt by the receipient..... or until he could see on the RM system it had been delivered. But even if not would keep it for a month.... (within UK sending)

In the event of an issue either party can claim so the sender can let the other person have the receipt for filing or its details.

The info on the receipt can prove sending to the addressee not just that it was sent.... the tracking number allows RM to check themselves that the item was sent to the addressee...

However it is on the reciever to chase this with RM as the sender has given the tracking number.... and if a problem is identified then the sender should give the other party the receipt or fill in the claim themselves on behalf of the other party... it can be done on line and takes 5 minutes.

Otherwise whats the point of sending something by recorded within UK... it is insured by default.... if a buyer notifies a seller that the item hasnt arrived which within UK by recorded should be the next day and at latest the day after.... then seller should at least send him a receipt.... either by scan or pic... IMHO thats reasonable..

Of course Rob is a different kettle of fish.... I can only imagine the number of items he deals with..... must be like its own sorting office !! ;)

I still think the first point of call is getting a copy of the receipt.... which any buyer should still have.... and at the same time talking to RM CS directly...

But at no point am I suggesting a scam..... I just think thats reasonable and common sense on both the part of any seller or buyer...

Guest Gotohavearolexnow

I already boughy from a fella here, with good rePutation, a 700 usd watch which has been apparently lost by USPS..

There is quite NOTHING that can be done.

When it's lost, it's not the seller fault, It's nobody fault, it's just a bad thing which happened but those are the risks of buying online.

Once in a while, you are screwed.

But it does not seem to be a scam, even if the original seller is not "fully" concerned (he's been paid...) and it was my case too.

Just ALWAYS ship well insured with good services, signature, tracking...

And it was insured just cannot get seller to answer me back , so what am I to think ?

Lunarglide PMed me last week, wanting to buy my AP ROO rubberclad RG. I just replied him telling him watch has been sold.

It was my first and last time communicating with this guy. I am sorry to hear about this. Hope it gets sorted out ASAP.