When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hell Yes. Hungry Like The Wolf.

maxman

Wrong coloured AR and incorrect HE valve position make it a no go for me. Why on earth do they not fix these things????

haven't seen the AR on it to comment, yet...breitling AR is not colorless, nor is it noticeable blue (as some reps are)...as long as there's a slight hint of blue at angles, it will be close - but if not, i'd rather have it coloreless than rep blue...i own 3 breitling gens and multiple reps to know the difference...

re: valve -> not sure I know what you mean...the gen and rep both have the HE valve at the 9 o'clock position on the case edge...

R-

• Like 1

Wrong coloured AR and incorrect HE valve position make it a no go for me. Why on earth do they not fix these things????

I have compared the rep HE valve to the gen and they look pretty dam close to me. It looks like the gen HE may be a little more centered.....but It looks very very close to my eye. Gens In the middle btw.

I have read many reviews here and elsewhere...and never read about any issues with the rep AR. Im not saying such comments were not made...I just have not seen them Is all. I've also had personal conversations with two members here who have the gen and rep. Neither one of them brought up any Issues with the rep AR. Hopefully those members and others will chime In. I have also looked at many pictures of the rep taken at different angels...and could not see any discernible difference between the gen and rep AR.

But at the end of the day It comes down to what you find exceptable. Obviously you dont find this rep acceptable....which is fine. I on the other hand think this Is a outstanding rep and can't wait to have it In my hot little hands. :)

Mike

post-19368-0-38542100-1345666904_thumb.j

post-19368-0-91353600-1345666995_thumb.j

post-19368-0-11428900-1345667070_thumb.j

do you have to seal teh HE valves on these, cause when I get one its definitely seeing water

I would most definitely have the HE sealed If I planed on taking It In the water. Here's a good way to do just that...If you have the tools and patience.

This is what the Inside of your Seawolf will look like. Picture by RWG member Bazz.

http://www.rwg.cc/to...ssd +pearl +fix

post-19368-0-46382800-1345723887_thumb.j

Certainly looks it! would love to see some pics when you get it ;)

Indeed. :) It seems like most of the youtube rep videos are gone. There were several SW rep videos not long ago. But this is the only one I could find atm. I think this is the older model. The new one seems to have a better dial overall.. with better lume dots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jli4eK3E-3k&feature=related

quote name='slask111' timestamp='1346008002' post='1145573

Sorry for a n00bie question. But does this watch wear bigger then a 44mm pam?

Most Pams are 44mmx15mm. the SW is 45mmx18mm. So yes it will wear a bit a bigger and thicker... but not so much as to be a problem Imho. Here's a few wrist shots for refrence.

Mike

post-19368-0-98036000-1346016328_thumb.j

post-19368-0-64511300-1346016410_thumb.j

The biggest difference to me is the thickness of the numbers on the dial.

The Seawolf is a real tank on the wrist, but it feels solid and weighs a ton, which I like. It feels bigger than a 44mm PAM, but I believe it the thickness that makes the difference.

Bought my V1 on the bracelet, but then bought the Ocean Diver strap as I like the black and yellow contrast.

If you're like I was it'll get loads of wrist time once it arrives.

Looking forward to the pics, Mike. Enjoy.

Seawolf001.jpg

012.jpg

002.jpg

The biggest difference to me is the thickness of the numbers on the dial.

The Seawolf is a real tank on the wrist, but it feels solid and weighs a ton, which I like. It feels bigger than a 44mm PAM, but I believe it the thickness that makes the difference.

Bought my V1 on the bracelet, but then bought the Ocean Diver strap as I like the black and yellow contrast.

If you're like I was it'll get loads of wrist time once it arrives.

Looking forward to the pics, Mike. Enjoy.

Seawolf001.jpg

012.jpg

002.jpg

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the SW G. I was hoping you would drop In. :) As you know you and I have had several conversations about the SW. Im glad to hear that you like It as much now as the day you got It. Im also going to order a OR strap for mine. I had one on one of my SA... and I thought It was of very good quality. I too like the contrast between the yellow dial and black strap.

Cheers G. :drinks:

Mike

Totally agree that the yellow Seawolf looks great on the OR rubber strap...I have the OR strap on my Skyland Code Yellow...I plan to swap the brushed ss bracelet from the Seawolf onto the Code Yellow and use the OR strap with the Seawolf...The Seawolf's dial black numbers/markers contrast nicely with the bIack OR rubber...and the ss bracelet will look sharp with the Skyland's case and the Code Yellow's polished numbers/markers...

...previously, I took a polished ss Skyland bracelet and brushed it myself...makes for a sweet setup on the Skyland - and tones down the blinginess...

From China to North Carolina In eight days....not to shabby. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Got to go clean this sticky [censored] off of It and take a link or two out of the bracelet. So far I'm Impressed with what I see and feel. :)

Mike

this post is worthless without pix... ;)

this post is worthless without pix... ;)

Believe me R...my pix are quite worthless....since I only have this old Iphone for a camera. But there are many very good pix of this watch In this thread alone. So Instead of posting up some [censored] pix that will bring nothing new to the table. I will share my Initial thoughts on the SW.

The first thing I did was resize the bracelet. If you have experence with the Pro II fine...If not...It can be a serious pita. I will post a decent video below for those who might need It. The screws were so tight I thought someome might have used a torque wrench on the dam thing. Thank god for my trusty can of WD40. The last bracelet that gave me this much trouble was the Omega PO bracelet. It's not quite that bad but close. The bracelet Is very nice and has good weight...It gives the SW a nice balance feel on the wrist. But my fold over clasp Is flapping around like a fish out of water..... so I will take it to my watch guy. I had the same problem with one of my SA....and he fixed that without much of a problem. Im surprised that Josh didn't notice this because you can not miss It. :g: The clasp will not stay closed. I believe my watch guy put In a thicker clasp pin so to offer some friction when closing the clasp. The fix was done about two years ago and the clasp Is still secure. The sel are In a word....awesome. it looks like the bracelet and case are one solid piece. No gaps or spaces what so ever. Very well done.

The eta 2836 Is keeping very good time. Im not sure about the + or -...but I do know that It hasn't really lost much...If anyhting.. In the last 12 hrs or so. I did pop off the back and confirmed that It is Indeed a 2836. The sweep is very smooth and consistant. Date changes over just like It should. at the 12. When setting the time the crown pulls out very nicely and the hands turn with confidence. Everything feels nice and there's nothing cheep feeling when engaging the date/time. Excellent movement. :)

The bezel Is tighter than a virgins honey pot. ;) But I would much rather have It a bit tight than loose....thats what he said :D . My experence has been that with some use these bezels will become a little easier to turn. Nice tight bezel with no play or wobble. The engravings are done very well...looks very much like the v1. I think the engravings are a bit deeper than the v1...overall a very nice job on the bezel numbers. Mayby not as crisp as gen.. but very close Imho.

The yellow dial is stunning and has quite a POP to it. The AR on the crystal seems very good and I have not noticed any unwanted reflections of any kind. The numbers are nice and thick like the gen and a slight Improvement over the v1. Again...well done.

The c1 lume lights up very nicely. The hands and 12/6/9 hour markers and lume dots have a very nice glow to them. Just after some minor exposure to my Interior house lights the dial lit up. I can just Imagine how It might charge when hit with a led flashlight for example. Excellent lume. As a side note. The pearl doesn't light up as well as the rest of the watch. Not a big deal really...since this has no bearing on telling the time in the dark.

The case back is like most Breitling reps....very well done. It also appears to have Indivdual serial numbers.

So overall I'm very happy with my SW purchase. Josh was a pleasure to work with and I received my watch In eight days from China to North carolina...US. I suggest that when ordering your SW....make sure the dealer checks the clasp.

Im sorry for the lack of pictures...but with my shity old Iphone....trust me It's for the best. I was hit with three huge house and auto Insurance bills this month. That and a root canal/crown and a set of new tires set me back around $5000.00. So I had a choice...new Iphone or SW. I went with the SW. :pardon:

I know I didn't cover everything In my short basic review. So if anyone has any questions....dont hesitate.

Cheers :drinks:

Mike

Damn Mike, awesome review. Just when I thought I had the watch section covered for myself :p

Judging from the pics that were posted on here comparing the rep to gen. Nit-Pickers ... come on!!! This thing looks so gen it's amazing. Nobody will honestly pick you out on the street.

This surely is a beast and whoever is on the fence, pick the yellow dial. It's THE Breitling colour for this watch!!!

Damn Mike, awesome review. Just when I thought I had the watch section covered for myself :p

Judging from the pics that were posted on here comparing the rep to gen. Nit-Pickers ... come on!!! This thing looks so gen it's amazing. Nobody will honestly pick you out on the street.

This surely is a beast and whoever is on the fence, pick the yellow dial. It's THE Breitling colour for this watch!!!

Thanks bro. I agree...yellow Is Indeed the color for this watch. :)

Mike