When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hell Yes. Hungry Like The Wolf.

maxman

@Mike...thanks...very interested in this one, too...will make a nice addition to my Avenger collection...my v1 ti Seawolf (gen dial) is the ultimate tool watch...no matter how many yellow dial watches i've looked at, this one was always the one calling...

Great review Mike :inverted: sounds like I need to save some $$ and get one bought !

Thanks. :) I think you would love the SW....It really is a great rep. I just got back from the watch repair shop. 10 min and $5.00 later....my clasp is as good as new. :drinks:

Mike

what did the watch shop do to fix the clasp, Mike?...

Actually R that was the first thing that I asked the guy when I picked up the SW. His answer was..."just a generic tube that most watch repair people have In there parts bin". He told me that most of these "fold over clasp" were pretty much the same on the Inside. The clasp now closes as it should...with that reassuring snap. I now know that this watch Isn't going anywhere... anytime too soon. :)

Mike

Does anyone know if a gen dial would fit in this? Sorry if this has been discussed in another thread.

I don't remember ever reading about a gen dial swap for the SW. To be quite honest I don't see the need for such a swap. Of course It would be your watch to do whatever you wish. But these dials are very very good on there own. Now that It has the C1 super lume and thicker numbers...a.very good dial is even better. I could see a gen bezel change for some...but a gen dial? :g: I would do some serious side by side comparisons before making up my mind. That's of course if you haven't done so as of yet.

If I was looking for a project or a watch to do mods on... this would not be the one. It's just to good out of the box to put the time effort and money Into. Again....just my opinion.

I would contact Josh @ PC or Andrew @ TT. Im sure they can answer your questions In regards to the mods. From what I can see the dial swap shouldn't be a problem. But I've heard that removing and Installing Breitling bezels can be quite difficult.

Good luck. :)

Mike

Great watch, but I don't see how they can mess up such a simple detail as the HE valve positioning. It should be in the center not near the top endge.

The thing Is...the gens HE valve is not centered either. I agree that the reps could have been centered better...but It's pretty close. Here's the gen below...see for yourself.

post-19368-0-25165200-1346887250_thumb.j

my Yellow SW arrived today...first thoughts - very well done...i'd send some pix but my damn blackberry camera is horrible...

i have the old skool ti SW, so i'm interested in checking out how this one compares...

as for the bezel markers, they are fine...of notice is that the 15, 30, 45 markers are not as deeply engraved as the other bezel markers...not noticeable unless you're have freakish knowledge as we do...i have the old skool ti chrono avenger and ti seawolf, along with the old skool ss chrono avenger (fantasy - but with same case as the ti model), and all the colors of skylands (v1s)...so how does this piece compare?...VERY WELL...

the yellow of the dial is not ultra-bright and the stenciled numbers are "muted" black...very sharp - makes a statement, but without the seiko monster glare...

R-

my Yellow SW arrived today...first thoughts - very well done...i'd send some pix but my damn blackberry camera is horrible...

i have the old skool ti SW, so i'm interested in checking out how this one compares...

as for the bezel markers, they are fine...of notice is that the 15, 30, 45 markers are not as deeply engraved as the other bezel markers...not noticeable unless you're have freakish knowledge as we do...i have the old skool ti chrono avenger and ti seawolf, along with the old skool ss chrono avenger (fantasy - but with same case as the ti model), and all the colors of skylands (v1s)...so how does this piece compare?...VERY WELL...

the yellow of the dial is not ultra-bright and the stenciled numbers are "muted" black...very sharp - makes a statement, but without the seiko monster glare...

R-

Good to hear that you have received your SW R. I've been...as Im sure many others... waiting for your thoughts/opinions on this beautiful watch. Im especially Interested In your review because of your extensive experence with these Breitlings.

So far I love mine. It's barely left my wrist since the day I got It. There's about 2.400 views of this thread In about three weeks time. So there Is definitely a lot of Interest In the Seawolf.

Mike

Is it me or the V1 markers on 6,9 and12 look much better then V2? looks like V1 is thinner on the edges.

Here's a close up of v1 and v2. bezel. V1 up top. It looks like the v2 engravings are a bit deeper. The v1 may be crisper but hard to tell from these pics. They both look very good Imho.

Mike

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk HD

there are rumors about of an asian eta version coming soon.. give me options while i say may pennies if there is any truth to it.

That souds very likely....since they now have the Steelfish with the Asian 2836. It's about $90.00 less....so nice savings from the Swiss version.

Mike

I received mine a few days ago from Andrew. The lume is "ok" but not nearly as good as any of my Pams or others. I think they forgot to lume the pearl on these pieces. I will probably get it relumed if/when the movement needs serviced.

my 2¢ Dave

I also thought that the pearl was kind of weak compared to the rest of the dial. But when I hit my dial and bezel with my led flashlight. The pearl glowed much brighter. But not as bright as the dial. I have to say over all the lume on mine Is very good. Maybe not as good as some of the newer Pams....but very good none the less. At some point and time I will most likely have my pearl relumed. Thats of course If It's still bothering me at that time.

Thanks for your 2cents Dave

Mike