When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Full forged carbon case GP (In Coming)

Mr Z

Full forged carbon cased GP ..stuck in customs still since the 15th so fingers crossed , should be here Monday !! In the mean while stripped everything down to the case,So I'm full ready for the open heard transplantation as soon as it arrive In the cool box needs arrive at the right temperature !!

here where I'm at now fully stripped and ready to go .. was pretty easy stripping it down the stage I'm at now ! will do tut when I have time

DSCF1005.jpg

• Like 1

Also just like to point the NEW modd's I'm going carry out and attempted

-all parts the need Ti finish ..possible plating in the correct colour

-recess for the inner pusher screws

possible modd's in works not yet confirmed

-correct micro sand blasting

-update on sub dial @9/6 correct lighter grey colour!

-lower waffle part of the dial in correct metallic red !

older tried and tested modd's

-glossy black paint finish to lower bezel parts

- gen strap with updated end link for more flusher fit

Good Luck to me I need MY first major modd's

Edited by zorrolondon

next test micro blast finish like gen ...... perfectly done to the same finish !!

DSCF1013.jpg

DSCF1014.jpg

here is gen to compare ......I'LL let the pics do the talking !!!!

........................................................................................

New_1_3581-AP1-2.jpg

Totally forgot to thank Gio for being a true gent in getting my mix up sorted out and getting my case shipped out to me and this out standing craftsmanship.. brings this project in to a new dimension!! thank you

Hi Mr Z: You very kindly supplied me with a gen strap for this GP a few months back --it needed patience to fit but lifted my watch to a whole different level. But this carbon etc stuff you're doing is incredible! Obsessive maybe, but what a way to go! You're way ahead of my skills [and probably my resources]. I'll be checking regularly and jealously for your updates! Cheers, r.

HI r

Yes long time not hear .. did you mod the end link like me so its much flusher fit ? And totally agree with you nothing like a gen strap to bring closer to the gen .. now u need to get you self some carbon parts my friend and glossy the lower bezel rings to bring .. bang right up to speed You wont regret it at all .... I'm just a novice modder but have the passion and the eye to try and bring it close to the gen as i can with my newbie skills

Your very welcome .. Pm if you need any help !!

Pusher tubes and crown all installed now .. I was to busy taking pics lol

DSCF1140.jpg

Forgive me if I answer you twice --I just had some kind of hidden window prob in this topic... "A modest modder"?! Jeez! Wot does that make me?! You're already seriously close, and getting closer with each shot. Yep, I spent some time on strap alignment [ and ended-up adding-in a touch of scarlet acrylic --although arguing that having the strap screwholes appearing neater than the gen defeats the object! ]. Your offer of assistance is particularly kind: I can't help thinking that you should really be patenting your work! I may very well get back to you, not least because, when your success becomes better known, every single 'non-carbon forged carbon' owner out there is going to feel pretty dumb. And to think I figured I'd calm down about the GP when my blue Montoya arrived last week. Nope! The Montoya seems a very classy rep, but it hasn't made me grow up about the GP! Incidentally, I know its multiple-facetted, but what's the gen GP crown made of? I think the rep's ?plastic crown drops the overall standard a bit.

Did you go ahead and buy that Maserati Gransport? I'm afraid the 'recession' has my exotic motoring plans on hold --at the moment I could probably only manage a secondhand 3200GT... A precarious choice.

In awe of your work, greetings, r.

no need you post was only once , very modest , so Im sure that makes you a modest modder as well , slowly getting closer but still a little way off to where i want to be with this project !! sorry I'm not sure what you mean about the strap modd .. any pics ? Your very welcome just let me know when your ready with you GP

I have the Montoya In RG super classy watch I love it very nice additional to your ap collection Blue Montoya!

The gen GP crown is either ti or ss , and the rep is ss not plastic !!

Nope never went of it at the end .. I'm aiming for something a little more British and classy !nothing wrong with the 3200 gt at all !!

Im glad my works inspiring!! regards to you R

just polished the end links to the correct finish !!

DSCF1154.jpg

DSCF1157.jpg