When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Puretime.co scam or real?

Brownguy52

I was thinking about ordering with these guys, but my suspicion has been raised that they are a scam for numerous reasons.

1- I asked them alot of questions on live chat and they told me to email their 'presales' team which I did to no response.

2- They told me to come back online at 2am UK time to speak to the presales team, when i did they said the team wasn't available till 3am.

3- This morning around 9am I tried contacting them again and it just kept saying 'the representative has left the conversation'..

4- On Youtube i've found someone who spent $488 with them and got a watch that doesn't even got pass 55 seconds in movement..

Can anyone verify this supplier and if they are genuine??

Oh right, because i contacted them as i wanted a sub and they really gave rubbish answers to my questions. Like the customer support heidi, said the replica watches are no different to real ones and the weight even matches because they use the same 'parts' apparently. But then when puretime sales emailed me back I got a completely different answer that the weight wouldn't match. I've been really put off them by the poor customer service, I've had replys around 4 days turnaround.

Told you to post your questions on the forum, but you still don't listen

Angus is a great dealer that doesn't mean his customer service staff or non angus himself sales staff is knowledgable about gens or replicas; they are likely minimum wage workers and may not even speak English well

If you don't want to listen to experienced members, go figure it out on your own

Dealers are here to get you the watch you want, the forums are here to figure out which watch to ask for.

Edited by rogerthat
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Told you to post your questions on the forum, but you still don't listen

Angus is a great dealer that doesn't mean his customer service staff or non angus himself sales staff is knowledgable about gens or replicas; they are likely minimum wage workers and may not even speak English well

If you don't want to listen to experienced members, go figure it out on your own

Dealers are here to get you the watch you want, the forums are here to figure out which watch to ask for.

Very well said :)

Just got two fantastic watches from Puretime. It was a great transaction with very good communication with the staff during 6 weeks from date of order until the watches were shipped to EU.

But you need a lot of patience. It's not Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh right, because i contacted them as i wanted a sub and they really gave rubbish answers to my questions. Like the customer support heidi, said the replica watches are no different to real ones and the weight even matches because they use the same 'parts' apparently. But then when puretime sales emailed me back I got a completely different answer that the weight wouldn't match. I've been really put off them by the poor customer service, I've had replys around 4 days turnaround.

I think you're talking to the wrong guy, or using instant messaging crap. You gotta email them or send them a PM through this forums. From my experience, if you do send them a PM through the forums, there are only online at certain times, and hence they might only reply once a day. But they are genuine, and please do ur research regarding which watch you want before plunging into buying anything. Once you get familiar with the forums, you'd realize that not all reps are 1:1

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We do guys deal with Angus or his subpar staff???? It baffles me?? Wtf? Andrew at trusty time has faster response time and shipping. He's a one man show and answers all his own questions almost immediately! His product is bar none the best! Listen and learn!

Correction...Why do you guys deal with Angus???

• 3 months later...

Can someone please assist me in purchasing my first rp. Unfortunately I was nieve when I first started my search and ended up getting scammed for $100. I found this site and tried contacting a guy ken(highly recommended by reputable user) but he never replied. As you know a lot of time goes into finding the right watch and when you do you would like to purchase it. Here. Is a link for the watch I'm looking for and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Puretime is no scam. They have been selling replicas longer than you or I have been buying them. They have been around.
You need to manage your own expectations about replicas, from what I am reading, and a list of questions never to ask them.
For example, I would not ask (at least not via the instant chat crap stuff) whether the watch is 1:1. The answer would almost always be a resounding firm YES, which is total BS.
I also would not rely on the chat system. It sucks harder than a deprived whore at midnight.
Also, for every $488 watch you read about that would not get past 55 sec, trust me when I tell you there are many more $388 ones or $188 ones bought years ago and is still running. You need to know that you are buying a rep. There will be occasional issues with our orders, BUT there are several recourses to solving the post-purchase issues. Learn from the veterans here like I did.

The simple alternative: Find the address of the closest Rolex AD and make a beeline for it. Problem solved PureTime may be forgotten.

LK

I did my first ever rep purchase with Puretime, and got very good watches (regarding the price!). Buying reps is always a kind of adventure - occasional problems MAY happen, but when you stick with the TDs there will be a solution. Also keep in mind the language barrier, the differences in culture & working conditions/motivation when talking to the staff of a TD. Simply adjust/lower your service expectations and also the expectations about the watches. The TDs are selling illegal stuff, the price is about <5% of the gen, and you will get a watch which is around 90-95% close to the gen. Looks to me like a good deal, isn't it? If you are looking for perfection in customer service and watch quality then you are completely wrong in the rep game, and you should buy gens...

• 3 months later...
Guest horologicalconsultant

I have bought from puretime.co on many occasions (40+) and I must say that each and every watch has been spot on.

Have no fear with Angus, he is solid and his watches awesome. They are supposedly made by the infamous NOOB and having recently bought the Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor from him (Navy Seals Edition) I must admit that this watch is a 1:1 clone and having compared it to the real thing, I can hand on heart say that it is 99.99% identical to the real thing!

Buy with total confidence!

We do guys deal with Angus or his subpar staff???? It baffles me?? Wtf? Andrew at trusty time has faster response time and shipping. He's a one man show and answers all his own questions almost immediately! His product is bar none the best! Listen and learn!

Correction...Why do you guys deal with Angus???

Because there are some watches Andrew can't get or rather not deal and Puretime has no problems. Example: noob factory products like noob sub, noob AP diver V3.5 and etc..............

Puretime is one of the biggest if not the biggest rep watch dealer. ;)

@OP You posted this thread on the wrong section. PT don't belong in this scam sites section. You can find Puretime in our TD section.

Edited by 8pm

• 2 months later...

Dear All,

Hello, this is my first post here.

Due to all the good references around I decided to give it a go and buy a watch from Puretime. I tried paying by credit card and my bank declined the transaction, when I checked why I realized tha the service provider "sslbillpay" has a terrible reputation and is linked to several scams.

So... One very simple question... When you buy from Puretime how do you usually pay?

Thanks!

Master Vader

Edited by Master Vader

Dear All, Hello, this is my first post here. Due to all the good references around I decided to give it a go and buy a watch from Puretime. I tried paying by credit card and my bank declined the transaction, when I checked why I realized tha the service provider "sslbillpay" has a terrible reputation and is linked to several scams. So... One very simple question... When you buy from Puretime how do you usually pay? Thanks! Master Vader
Welcome aboard MV! You need to be a trusted buyer to use regular Paypal with PT. that takes a while. You can call your cc company and tell them to allow the transaction, or you can use Western Union. I think you get a 10% discount with WU so make sure to ask. Cheers Edited by Cromag