When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

YukiWatch 3135 Mini-review

watcher

Very interchangeable Chuckyfindly, I just had Misi build one up for me and put it in my TC 16610LV.  The date wheel and works like a charm and I'll post a pic of all the stuff he had to change to Gen from the movement.  I wear it almost every day and it keeps time perfectly.  I also had an extra gen 3135 rotor when he installed.  Break down in price is a bit costly but compare it to a Gen 3135 your way a head with a solid movement.  It comes dirty and dry so a full service is needed.  I paid $320 from Yuki because I brought three movements.  I've only used one so far.  Like the OP said.  They were at my door in 3 or 4 days.  That was when I started my build's.  The first build was a 16610 from the era of 2003.  I had every part but the case, gen.  I thought I had brought a Phong from someone over at RWG.  Well the Gen 3135 didn't fit and ended up using my TC 16610LV case.  I brought another case from TC.  So in the process I had the watch maker make the 2003 16610, I decided I still want my TC.  But thought about putting the Yuki movement in it.  Since the watchmaker is amazing with the Yuki why not.  So that build we used all the TC stuff except the movement, Hands, date wheel crown and tube.  The bezel insert was switch to gen prior to me.  So here is the cost break down of what it took to get the TC 16610LV with yuki to be perfect.

Yuki movement= 320

Gen rotor=150

Gen date wheel= 100

Gen Crystal=100

Gen tube and crown=120

Gen hands=200

Gen parts for yuki to run great=280

Service (Clean and oil) yuki= 120

Assembly =40

--------------------------------------

Total= $1430

Now add the price of the TC watch $620 which was the the TC 16610LV type I which pushes it to:

Total=$2050

I still have parts I can sell.  I have a real eta 2824 with TC date wheel on it.  I have the TC hands.  TC tube and crown.  TC gen spec crystal.  Lets say I can get $200 for all that.  The new total would be:

Total=$1850.

I have a keeper for life. It ticks, winds, hands adjust looks like a $7000 dollar Rolex. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Most of you that know me, know that I am very much a yuki fan.  Misiekped does wonders with it.  It can take a 1 to 1 part change with a gen 3135.  I got yelled at by Misiekped because I keep upgrading my 16610LV myself.  He did tons of work to my watch.  I have just continued.  He has a valid point because a price of a real 3135 is between 1700 to 2000 were the Yuki is $340 and with his service and parts he changes lets say around $700.  I changed the winding bridge to a Gen winding bridge.  Why because it saids 3135 on it in gold.  LOL.  I also got a deal and a half on the automatic winding bridge and assembly and rotor.  So I brought that and replaced the Yuki one.  So all in all those two upgrades were about $700.  So now i'm in the $1400 price range in my yuki.  No matter what.  I am very happy and to look at it from the back, even though the back is covered by the case, if I ever open it, it looks like a Rolex 3135.  Plus it winds better now or so I think.  LOL.

Here is a pic of it.

IMG_2453.jpg

Oh plus for all you that want to do the Ceramic GMT.  the Yuki 3135 can be built up to a Rolex 3185.  I have it in my GMT.  All the parts in my 3135 that Misiekped build up to make the Yuki weak that are replaced plus all real rolex parts to make make it a 3185.  The movement is unbelievable.  The other day at a restaurant I was talking to the owner who spotted my GMT and he said he had the new batman.  I told him that my watch wasn't real.  He looked at it and said I was lying.  He said that the fakes don't have the correct hand stack.  So he knew something about fakes.  I told him that it was a fake.  I told him I have a bunch of real rolex but this one is a fake.  He asked if he could look at it.  I gave it to him.  He adjusted the hands and gmt and told me I was lying to him and just trying to get over on my wife.  I then filled him in on the Yuki movement.  I told him that everything on the watch was a clone, but the hands, dial, bezel assembly and insert, date wheel, crown and stem.  Then I told him about the whole build from a yuki to a 3185.  His jaw dropped.  

I do have to say that the 3185 is a pain in the ass to change the date.  There is no quick date function.  You have to put it on the second position on the stem and jump hour to hour over and over to change the date.  So 24 clicks changes the date.  Also Misiekped said you can go backwards but try to avoid it, just like the real movement.  So after the restaurant owner was done playing with my watch I had to put it back to the right date and time.  What would take me under a minute with a ETA 2836 took me about 2 mins with the Yuki/Rolex hybrid 3185.  

What I don't understand is why doesn't all the high end clone watch makers use the Yuki in their watches.  That SA3135 is garbage and doesn't take real rolex parts like they say.  

My next build which I started already, is a yacht master.  It is just costing a lot more $ than I want.  I might just sell my TC yacht master and buy one.  Really.  It isn't cost effective.  A gen dial is around $600 to $1000.  Then Gen bezel and insert.  The hands and date wheel.  Crown, stem, tube, Crystal.  I don't see it being cost effective when I can buy a used one for $5000.  Any way.  Buy yukis.  Keep him in business.  I might just buy 5 to keep in stock.  Some people are saying that having to buy something new and have it serviced makes no sense. I have to tell you that in buying clones, I have had dead watches come brand new from Toro.  I've had watches come and last a week and start to lose time.  I've learned that all watches I buy, from people here on the forum to new from trusted dealers, I get them all serviced.  So to me it is normal. 

• Like 1

occb2:

Thanks for the review.

These questions are for occb2 and any other member that wants to help:

Right now Im frankening' (is that the correct term? haha) my TC Sub V6, I have been chatting with some expert members and I wanted to put in the yuki 3135 movement instead of the TC "default" movement (the TC-ETA 2824-2 "Elabore" grade) ? is there any advantage to it? 

This is what I think, I have gathered this from reading around here and one RWI , etc.

1) you have to service the yuki right away and add to the cost the watch smith's fees.

2) if it breaks down you can't source yuki parts so you have to use gen parts and those are expensive

3) some users say that right away (before it even breaks) you have to change some parts that are inherently bad from the start (I don't know which parts)

Why do I want to put in the yuki 3135? because I like the day the rolex 3135 movement works, and I would like the crown and hand movement ,as we ll as date adjustment to be exactly like the gen 3135 movement, as I've read that with other movements the hands move in the opposite direction, the date changes at another time different thant the rolex 3135, etc. 

I hope someone can help me with this. 

1) Does the yuki 3135 offer an advantage over any of the other movements like clone, swiss, TC elabore?

2) what movement would you ideally put in besides the actual genuine rolex 3135 if you wanted functionality and a smooth and nice operation?

thank you all!!

may you all have a great weekend!

Edited by jonathanw

Hi,

A few things.  A yuki 3135 is around $340 dollars.  So if you need parts for a yuki you don't need to go gen to fix it.  Buy another yuki.  A Gen parts are very expensive and one part could cost you the price of a a Yuki movement.

Yes you need to service it the day you get it.  Yes there are a few parts that equal to around $300 dollars that you should change just because those parts are weak on the Yuki.  I will post a pic of them.  From memory it was the date changing gears, the min, hour pinions, winding gears and seconds train wheel.  I would also do to auto winding gears in the back but not a must do.

Understand that all the talk of TC 2824 and the Elabore grade...... It's a ETA clone.  I can order you a brand new ETA 2824 from start time for $160 dollars.  That is new gen ETA.  TC makes a great watch.  I have owned 3.  I can tell you that they are great as is.  You don't have to change anything.  But you hand that watch to me.  I can by just adjusting the time tell you that it is fake.  But so is my watch that has the Yuki in it.  Difference is that a Yuki, winds and adjust just like a 3135.  All Gen parts fit a Yuki.  Not a TC.  You can get gen hands, date wheel, dial, even parts to dress up the Yuki.  I did because I am a nut case.  LOL.  The back on a rolex is not clear so no one is going to see it so there is no need to change it.  

I would take your TC and either wear it as is and enjoy.  Or if you want to have fun, get a yuki, source, gen hands, date wheel, dial, all which Misiekped who is on this forum can get and do for you.  Have him replace the parts that wear easy on the Yuki, I would even get a gen crystal and Bezel insert.  Have Misiekeped do it all for you and your watch will be a life long watch.  It will behave and wind and adjust and run as a well oiled Rolex 16610 with a 3135.  You could put that watch in the hands of any Rolex guy and he will not be able to tell that it is not real until he opens it.  

So the advantage to the Yuki, to me, is that it is a hell of a movement once it is cleaned oiled and serviced with some parts.  At the end of the day though understand that with all the things to make the Yuki run well will cost you around $700 including the price of the movement where a clone ETA is $100 dollars.  But your still $1000 less than a Gen 3135.  Good thing is TC cases take 3135 with out modding.

Robert

Here are the parts that are changed on the YUKI for real rolex parts.

SubstandardFullSizeRender-7.jpg

• Like 1

occb2: 

Wow!! 

So OCCB2 = Obsesive compulsive... what more? still need CB2 haha

Thank you so much for the prompt and complete answer. I don't have much funds to start and don't even own my first rep yet, BUT IM SAVING!! so I think I will do as you suggested and get a 11610 TC sub first, and then start by buying a Y3135 and sending to misi to franken it to a even better Y3135 so it will be a keeper and reliable watch, as you say its still $1000 way from the gen R3135!

I don't want to hijack the thread but could you suggest what other are must have mods for the TC? apart from the gen insert? I think the Gen xtal is not that "high yield", right? would you also send to have it made "waterproof"? any other thing you could think? I wand to buy this for my dad's birthday, he is a rolex enthusiast but had to sell his two vintage ones because of economic issues. my ultimate goal is to have one 16610 LN for him and one for me, both TC versions with some gen insert and franken Y3135, that would be so awesome!! I hope someday not too far I can do this! Just wish I had more cash right away haha

Edited by jonathanw
  • Like 1

OCCB stands for Organized Crime Control Bureau in the NYPD.  In 1996 I went there as a detective and that was my first Email.  It was occb@aol.com.  Then MSN.  Now its occb2@me.com.  LOL.

Every TC watch I have owned is water proof from the second I get it.  He can't guarantee it because someone can leave the crown open and water will get in but I have never had an issue with a TC watch and water.

That being said.  What would I change on a TC 16610.  I have owned 3 of them.  First one was the first gen 16610.  I changed the crystal and the tube and crown. That was it.  By brother in law still has that watch and it runs like a champ.  That had a gen 2824.  The watch is beautiful and it is water proof.  I know because he has been diving with me and has worn it.  Now the next one was another gen of the 16610. That one I did the same.  Change the crystal and crown and tube.  TC crowns use to be a bit bowed in the front where a rolex crown is flat.  The crystal..... nothing is better than a gen crystal.  The correct magnification.  It is beautiful.  I sold that watch because I got the 16610 LV.  I fell in love with the LV.  Large Lum marks, beautiful green insert.  I kept going to that watch.  I had a gen 16613 and a bunch of other watches but for some reason I wore the LV all the time. 

So came time to upgrade.  I started with a big job.  I wanted to build the perfect 16610.  It is a big story in RWI.  In doing so I needed a case and the LV was the only one that I had that would fit a Rolex movement.  I brought what I thought was a Phong case here on RWG.  I had a real rolex 3135.  Real bracelet, dial, bezel assembly and insert....everything.  Only thing I didn't have was the case.  

I had my watch maker working on that.  So he sends me a message that the case isn't a Phong and it won't hold the 3135 and that the bezel assembly isn't real either.  So I end up ordering another TC case and bezel assembly from TC direct.  

So in the mean time I send him my LV to use that case to put all the real stuff on.  He did and that watch was beautiful. 

The new TC case comes in and it is not good.  The lugs are all off and some are small and other are to fat.  So I spend the money and oder a Phong case Directly from Phong and put all the LV stuff back in the LV.  So now I end up with two beautiful watches.

1)16610 completely real except the case being a phong case.  Every gasket, part real.  That is an unbelievable watch.

2)TC16610 Yuki/Rolex hybrid.  It is the first generation TC case, beautiful. Gen Crystal, gen date wheel, yuki movement with a hell of a lot of Rolex parts, gen band, tube and crown. Gen hands. I used the TC LV dial.  It to me is one of the most Gen dials TC has ever made.  

Only problem I have with that watch is that the LV insert keeps popping off.  So I bought a new one for an arm and a leg.  It wouldn't fit the TC bezel.  I sanded it a little and it fit but continued to fall out.  So I used my press like a dumb ass and cracked my crystal.  So I changed my crystal with a gen LEC and put in a Star time bezel in with a gen LN insert.  So far so good. I plan on getting the LV insert again and trying it with the Star time bezel and I hope it works.  Anyway.  I can talk watches, Porsches, and Scuba diving all day long.  So good luck.  I'm alway around if you have questions.  Stay safe.

I was lucky when sourcing my parts for mine I managed to find all the gen parts from an estate auctions on eBay... so ended up paying very little for all of them in fact I didnt realise how much a lot of them went for until after I had purchased what I got ..I think if i had I wouldnt even of tried...

Now its all together I must say its the tightest movement I have ever had even with my gens... plus it winds so quickly and has an awesome power reserve.... absolutely silent even when giving it a good shake... even up to my ear I cant hear anything... I never even had a gen like that...

IMG_3499.JPG

IMG_3500.JPG

Hi,

A few things.  A yuki 3135 is around $340 dollars.  So if you need parts for a yuki you don't need to go gen to fix it.  Buy another yuki.  A Gen parts are very expensive and one part could cost you the price of a a Yuki movement.

Yes you need to service it the day you get it.  Yes there are a few parts that equal to around $300 dollars that you should change just because those parts are weak on the Yuki.  I will post a pic of them.  From memory it was the date changing gears, the min, hour pinions, winding gears and seconds train wheel.  I would also do to auto winding gears in the back but not a must do.

Understand that all the talk of TC 2824 and the Elabore grade...... It's a ETA clone.  I can order you a brand new ETA 2824 from start time for $160 dollars.  That is new gen ETA.  TC makes a great watch.  I have owned 3.  I can tell you that they are great as is.  You don't have to change anything.  But you hand that watch to me.  I can by just adjusting the time tell you that it is fake.  But so is my watch that has the Yuki in it.  Difference is that a Yuki, winds and adjust just like a 3135.  All Gen parts fit a Yuki.  Not a TC.  You can get gen hands, date wheel, dial, even parts to dress up the Yuki.  I did because I am a nut case.  LOL.  The back on a rolex is not clear so no one is going to see it so there is no need to change it.  

I would take your TC and either wear it as is and enjoy.  Or if you want to have fun, get a yuki, source, gen hands, date wheel, dial, all which Misiekped who is on this forum can get and do for you.  Have him replace the parts that wear easy on the Yuki, I would even get a gen crystal and Bezel insert.  Have Misiekeped do it all for you and your watch will be a life long watch.  It will behave and wind and adjust and run as a well oiled Rolex 16610 with a 3135.  You could put that watch in the hands of any Rolex guy and he will not be able to tell that it is not real until he opens it.  

So the advantage to the Yuki, to me, is that it is a hell of a movement once it is cleaned oiled and serviced with some parts.  At the end of the day though understand that with all the things to make the Yuki run well will cost you around $700 including the price of the movement where a clone ETA is $100 dollars.  But your still $1000 less than a Gen 3135.  Good thing is TC cases take 3135 with out modding.

Robert

Here are the parts that are changed on the YUKI for real rolex parts.

SubstandardFullSizeRender-7.jpg

Dear occb2: 

Yes ! I remember having read the story about you being a detective and all! congratulations! 

Thank you SO much for contributing on this less-known area of rep knowledge, I love how you posted a pic of all the parts you consider are A MUST to change on a y3135 in order for it to run for years without a problem. Could you please label them so us the newbies can start getting familiar with the names and start looking on ebay for them?

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 17 September 2012 at 5:06 PM, watcher said:

Today after record delivery time(sat posted and delivered today to UK!!) I received my 3135 clone from Yukiwatch.

It was well packaged in plenty of bubble wrap.

This is how it arrived after opening.

030-2.jpg

025-3.jpg

Here is shot without rep DW and then a pic with it fitted and working perfeclty!

028-2.jpg

029-2.jpg

Then came the fitting of the dial which was no problem and has little screws to secure the dial feet in place.

031-1.jpg

032-1.jpg

Next the hands. All go on without any issue whatsoever!!. One thing to note and this may be the case on a genuine 3135 but the canon pinions are stepped so that the hands sit perfeclty in the right place! impressed with that I must say!

033-1.jpg

034-1.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

I never had an early version of this movement and have not got a genuine 3135 stem but there is no thin section on this stem to break!

037.jpg

Here are a couple of pics in the case.

041.jpg

042.jpg

I will let you draw your own conclusions as to whether this is an updated version but it seems to be working well and does not appear to have the issues of the ealry movement.

The dial and hands brings this watch alive though!!

Here is a side by side pic of my WM9 V3 set up.

039.jpg

The watch looks great, can you tell me at what hour the dial feet holes are at. I have a 16000 case and dial but need a new movement to replace a 3035 movement

7 minutes ago, watcher said:

Don't think 3135 and 3035 movements are interchangeable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Members asking if gen parts are interchangeable with yuki, and to answer that I did small test

Used Yuki

Mainplate

Escape wheel

Pallet fork

Balance wheel complete with bridge

Finger for date

Intermediate date corrector wheel

All screws

Rest of the parts are gen

https://vimeo.com/163079918https://vimeo.com/163079974

https://vimeo.com/163079991

I know is not economically right but just want to check what could be done with yuki

I'm amazed with the performance

Enjoy

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2