When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Black Bay on the way!

cougar1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

pure emailed me that they have too many pre-orders and it is not released yet so why do they say first batch to be released 15th december 

As for release date, Puretime has this written on the page for the rep:

The vey first 1:1 Tudor replica in the history - Hertitage Black Bay. 1:1 replicated from a genuine sample, made by the rising new Z-Factory.

As this is ZF's first replica project and it took them more than one year to replicate this watch, they came across many problems and isues with the watch so the release time has been delayed and delayed.

The watch will be released by 14th Jan 2014, the watch you see is final except the case back which is still a sample.

We will get more of the Black Bay so ordering is reopen now. But only the pre-ordered Black Bay are guaranteed to have decorated movements, others will get plain movements.

I placed my order. However looking at the video of this rep and comparing it to the gen.....what does everyone think about the rehaut? Either it's way too thin OR the crystal on the gen hides the true shape of the gen rehaut whereas the rep crystal being the wrong shape does not hide the rehaut. I'd like to hear your thoughts. Thin rehaut was something you would see on many rep Rolex subs back 5 or so years ago. It was the major tell for a long time in terms of rep Rolexs.

I think the rehaut might be a little shallow, but that might be the pictures.  A proper side-by-side will surely come sooner than later.

It didn't particularly jump out at me.  This one looks good.

Having worn the gen (didn't buy, tho) I can say for a fact that this thing wears a helluva lot bigger than 41mm.

Just received my QC pics this morning.

Loving them, verrrry nice :)

Everything looks spot on to me bar the rep crystal which does not have that distortion that the gen has. I believe this is caused by the bottom of the gen crystal being curved as well as the top. The edge of the rep crystal does have the nice smoothly curved edge you see on the gen, but because of the lack of distortion it's a lot less obvious.

So that is the only thing really and a small matter.

As my order is in the first 200 the movement and rotor should be nicely decorated too.

Have approved the pics and now i can forget about it until it arrives, and then lots of pics and lots of drooling over it!

I don't know if anyone local-ish to me has a gen one but it'd be fun to compare them side by side.

This sure is a "must have" watch! Very nice :)

Looking forward to your wrist pictures ...

Well, I should just order one right now, so I can take my own wrist pictures. ;)

Angus has said there are a few spaces still not bought in the original run of 400 (2 x 200), otherwise it'll be a bit of a wait.

But by then the pearl will be changed to a better one (I can't see any problem with this one), and I think they may have repped the strap and clasp by then too.

Just received my QC pics this morning

Everything looks spot on to me bar the rep crystal which does not have that distortion that the gen has. I believe this is caused by the bottom of the gen crystal being curved as well as the top. The edge of the rep crystal does have the nice smoothly curved edge you see on the gen, but because of the lack of distortion it's a lot less obvious.

I agree about the crystal ,it seems that the crystal is the only thing the edge of the gen is polished but the rep is frosted finished ,i think that if the crystal was polished it would look more like the gen, having said that its a super rep of a 3k watch for a fraction on the price 

my watch has been shipped so i am waiting to see it in the flesh ! they say about 2 weeks to arrive via the uk .

Edited by aeromatic

• 1 month later...

Got mine yesterday :). I did the floss silk mod. The bracelett took a little bath in a dish detergent oil bath and i deflashed some sharp edges. Overall a stunning peace. I bought my last rep in 2005 by maria (Mbw 1665) and i have to say. Nice work. The minor flaws are very acceptable. Pictures will follow tomorrow.

Besides this one angus sent me a pam noob 005 v2. I am very content.

koko