When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Royal Oak Offshore Safari The Review

MALDONADO

Thanks

My friend iBrid

- Instigator and architect of the joint where I acquired this unit

- Promoter, coordinator, manager and giving me the post for the scoop of the Hornback,

Thanks Vincent.

Qrquq.jpg

Background

There are many possibilities we have to get to know different aspects of our male personality. Each man is different, and that difference is reflected in everything that surrounds our individual and lifestyle. Our dress, our favorite drink, your sport and the type of music we hear, or just that special place we choose to lose, are some of the clues we have to discover.

Fhg0W.jpg

Vv7Aj.jpg

But what really defines the style and personality of a man is his watch. Something so simple yet so hard. The watches speak of their owners, and are able to transmit detailed, subtle notes on how to be the wearer.

BbYXB.jpg

2AnuO.jpg

AP Royal Oak Offshore Replica Ultimate Safari

- Box 44 mm x 16mm high

- Gear "reversing wheel. Gen

- 7750 Automatic Chronograph Movement alternations 28800 (seconds to 12)

- Sapphire crystal

- Correa Jacob Hornback Alligator Strap

Box provided by my friend Qaz (thanks)

nN1TF.jpg

wkBha.jpg

ZtlTN.jpg

EVroU.jpg

Biographical notes

Two young watchmakers decided to pool their expertise to create one of the largest watch brands of all time, Audemars Piguet. Jules-Louis Audemars and Edward-Auguste Piguet in 1875 decided to jointly produce complicated watches.

Began production in Le Brassus, a village in Valle de Joux in Geneva, where they are located faithful to its long tradition. From there, they created real wonders of luxury watches and today continue to demand that the spirit of its founders Audemars and Edward Piguet Jules instilled.

sInXs.jpg

vYpJd.jpg

When the Royal Oak was launched in 1972, immediately caught the attention of two very good reasons. Its first truly original style, the work of Gérald Genta, the incomparable designer imagined octagonal bezel instead of eight visible screws, and its integrated bracelet. Second, because the Royal Oak was the first high-end sports watch.

hOvFg.jpg

6LldV.jpg

7pBkM.jpg

The mark gave his Royal Oak an automatic movement with calendar function. He took his innovative form of a porthole on HMS Royal Oak, the ship would also give his name.

Zd619.jpg

ydT0E.jpg

hoOZO.jpg

Since its launch, the Safari has caused very popular among lovers of watches is one of those watches that everybody likes us no real apparent reason, apart from the overall design. Whether cream-colored dial, black numbers, special crocodile strap is difficult to highlight a feature that makes it so attractive to most people. AP was a great success with this piece, and the market has spoken. Depending on the country, the Offshore has a waiting list of between 3 to 9 months.

Undoubtedly one of the most beautiful Offshore never left the factory in LeBrassus

apMtA.jpg

bMU3c.jpg

2nf4A.jpg

Offshore collection, Safari always caught my attention, mainly because of the color and very nice lines. Is this cool brown crocodile strap (Hornback) with the texture of the bone, making it a very euh ... Safari. Like all other Royal Oak, Safari also has the 8 screws (in the original white gold) on the bezel of the watch. When the clock is stopped at certain angles, light plays nicely with the glossy bezel and polished screws. I find myself doing this quite regularly.

Zvnpm.jpg

1xkh1.jpg

3I44v.jpg

The watch is much larger than the original model of Royal Oak, and not only that, but also a bit different in shape. This model and models of sea are known for their rubber parts, like the thick rubber gasket between the bezel and the watch case and protective rubber chronograph push buttons and crown.

OjvtK.jpg

0StJe.jpg

CyU0a.jpg

The biggest difference I find with it is that Gen. Gen. crown and pushers are not aligned. For not being a dedicated chronograph movement, but a regular movement with a chronograph module further (this method is called in tow).

0Ko3b.jpg

RiO5V.jpg

CmbKJ.jpg

The grassroots movement is a movement manufactured, which has been used by Audemars Piguet in 2005. The regular automatic Royal Oak Date (ref. 15 300) has the same base movement (caliber 3120), among others. The movement used in Safari (and other offshore chronographs) is known as caliber 3126/3840 with 59 jewels and a power reserve of 55 hours.

TqyCL.jpg

ZldJ0.jpg

The dial-style models in the collection Royal Oak Offshore is decorated with the motif "Mega Tapisserie."

8EsRQ.jpg

ntYDb.jpg

RVrXT.jpg

The alligator strap is wearing an elegant Hornback, and the crown and buttons are molded in black rubber.

g4jpr.jpg

The screws go back through the clock and the screw (the gene white gold) on the bezel is actually a hex (in the Republic also has an intermediate cylindrical nut). The text on the back of the AP ROO Safari tells you all you need, except for water resistance.

06mzv.jpg

Each Audemars Piguet has a number of mechanism (engraved on the plate, in general, and the wheel) and a number of box is always visible (recorded outside the bottom of the box).

In my case the number of replicates would be: No. 8520:

The production number is a combination of a letter and a few If someone can explain the logic behind these numbers, would be very grateful.

qNRHZ.jpg

0W6Uu.jpg

With approximately 800 employees in Switzerland and 200 in foreign countries, Audemars Piguet is capable of producing between 25,000 and 30,000 watches a year. Therefore, there must be something to do with the combination of these two identifiers in the back of the clock.

The dimensions of 44mm x 14.75mm, it may not look good on the wrists of the world, but certainly are comfortable on the wrist.

Ap1Dz.jpg

Qrquq.jpg

• Like 1

Belt

The strap is made by master craftsman Jacob ( www.jacobstraps.com ), which after discussion accepted the challenge to make this belt.

J5c1a.jpg

fLQVE.jpg

0QYo4.jpg

The strap is made of Cayman (Hornback), is a very unique and because of its difficulty, sometimes, you can only make a leather strap, hence the price, often exclusive and unique pieces, it is very difficult to find two skins with this part, which is bone.

WCvIF.jpg

The interior, like the lining, are 1 ª quality cow

A83NI.jpg

jJctz.jpg

Ih3hz.jpg

In alligator brown colors available are gold, brown and black.

aQjVY.jpg

bRdrt.jpg

To manufacture, Jacob currently uses the belt endlinks China.

O9Gh1.jpg

Authentic leather maintenance

1 - Watch your belt of spending time in the sun and rain.

2 - be careful not to apply chemicals such as acids and lubricants that can damage the texture and color of your belt.

3 - Keep in mind that this type of skin tends to darken naturally over time gradually, so if you polish with some substance to base oil and grease, the color will darken faster.

4 - If you want to clean you can with a cloth dampened with water and give to any pasta or other neutral oil-based substances, preferably natural or mineral that will not damage the skin and buff with a dry cloth.

kJhSH.jpg

lAxFV.jpg

Thank you swallow this billet ... ... ... ... ... ... ..

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Just some remarks, fwiw: It is not only the crown and pushers of the gen are not aligned vs. being in line on the rep, plus the cyclops is too far on the right because of the datewheel. From my point of view the most disturbing issue it is the huge difference in thickness. The rep measures 16 mm whilst the gen only has 14,3 mm - so there is a difference of 1,7 mm which is a plus of more than 10%, and that means not only being visible but it also affects the wearing comfort. Personally I don't know if I could live with that issue though, it might be a real show-stopper. :g:

OTOH, having this watch properly modded makes it one of the most stunning pieces you can get - however it will cost you approx. $3.000 then... B)

This is an awesome review with excellent pictures and perfect accessories/settings. Very interesting and beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Did You do other reviews? Have to take a look, this is sooo good. One thing though: Did I miss the lumeshots?

Just some remarks, fwiw: It is not only the crown and pushers of the gen are not aligned vs. being in line on the rep, plus the cyclops is too far on the right because of the datewheel. From my point of view the most disturbing issue it is the huge difference in thickness. The rep measures 16 mm whilst the gen only has 14,3 mm - so there is a difference of 1,7 mm which is a plus of more than 10%, and that means not only being visible but it also affects the wearing comfort. Personally I don't know if I could live with that issue though, it might be a real show-stopper. :g:

OTOH, having this watch properly modded makes it one of the most stunning pieces you can get - however it will cost you approx. $3.000 then... B)

I don't mind the aesthetic difference so much, but I did find my rep ROO to be unbelievably top heavy. I suppose if I were to get en AP Bands tang buckle that would at least keep the deploy from digging into my wrist all day :)

I don't mind the aesthetic difference so much, but I did find my rep ROO to be unbelievably top heavy. I suppose if I were to get en AP Bands tang buckle that would at least keep the deploy from digging into my wrist all day :)

This is a truly beautiful watch. I would love to have one, however the weight and top heaviness are a big concern to me. My wrist size is a shade over 7" and the S/S ROO Diver is definitely at the limits of comfort and wearability for me. I believe that come summer with short sleeves it will be OK, but under a shirt and sweater or jacket with cuffs, it's downright uncomfortable. How does the Safari and/or other AP chrono models compare to the Diver as far as wearability? My FC Diver is much more comfortable, I suppose because it's significantly lighter.

Addressing the height issue, what can be done to the rep case if anything to make it slimmer. Would you need to use a genuine movement with case mods?