When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Now Available - Any interest in a RWG limited edition run of straps?

devilseam

UPDATE:

Now Available. See page 2 for details.

20130612_203905_zps5fe6e26f.jpg

Im just gauging interest in this really but I had a idea last night that I thought I would broach with RWG Members.

As some of you know I make Custom Straps under the name Devilseam. Up until recently I was a gen guy and would only buy gen watches, I frequented WUS and TZUK on a regular basis. Then to get my company off the ground, I had to sell most of my collection to help fund it, thats when I found RWG, thinking that a rep watch would be a cost effective way of owning watches I still really liked, but on a budget.

Well, like most of us on here I got bitten by the bug, rep watches, modding, taking watches apart, building frankens, searching for gen parts. Im well and truly hooked and doubt I'll ever go back to my old ways.

Anyway, the idea I had whilst laying in bed last night (yes I think about watches in bed! But I bet im not the only one!) was to design, with the input of rwg members and make a limited edition run of straps only available to RWG members. Im thinking 24mm due to it being the most popular and made from english cow hide to save on cost and to give a uniform look as opposed to ammo leather, other than that im open to ideas.

Please feel free to shoot be down in a huge ball of flames if this is a stupid idea and I will immediatly go outside and bury my in head in the garden.

not a bad idea...if price was right and maybe had "rwg" on the buckle etc...would be pretty fun i guess! like a badge of honour haha! not too sure about the 24mm size though...i would've thought 20mm/22mm would be more popular...just my 2 pennies worth!

20-22mm would def be a good size I would think considering how many rolex guys are on here  :) me included ! 24mm too for the Pam guys would be major too ! 

Think it's a great idea, like Bam said though price would def be a factor though  :inverted:

For a good price I would be interested in the RWG Strap of Honor! :) Maybe it's an idea to donate a part of the price to RWG?

You read my mind!

How does £39 sound with 10% to RWG?

thats not a bad price at all, id be in on a 20mm...as for colours...maybe something a lil different compared to the usual black or brown etc?...a nice grey maybe with white stitch? ss buckle, with R-W-G nicely engraved...donation idea is cool too!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think that 20 mm is the way to go. I'm taking delivery of some new English cow hide today and I have just mixed a batch of olive drab dye, I'm really looking forward to seeing the outcome and will check soon for opinions about making it the RWG exclusive!

• Like 1

I'd definitely be in on a 20/16mm in brown or dark grey at 39 GBP. As for the RWG exclusive label - I'd prefer it branded on the back side of the strap so it is there no matter what buckle I use.. ;)

Yes, that was my initial thought too. Maybe an RWG stamp of some sort on the rear.

I think 2 sizes in the same style will be feasible, so 20/16 and 24mm

I working on a prototype as we speak and will keep you posted.

Yes, that was my initial thought too. Maybe an RWG stamp of some sort on the rear.

I think 2 sizes in the same style will be feasible, so 20/16 and 24mm

I working on a prototype as we speak and will keep you posted.

Looking forward to the prototype! :good:

P.S. I think minimal stitching (like the ones in my pic) is the key for the 20/16 Rollie crowd though.. Or at least that would tickle my fancy.. Quite a bit actually.. ;)