When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super Reps for 2013

sgtguk

Great job. There was one on rg before which ranged from + to +++. I don't think this is really required though because I just want to be able to look at the list, pick a watch that I like and wear it knowing it's at least as good as my UPO - which I think your list does pretty well. Thanks mate.

Star rating is a good idea but a lot of members input is required so we have some pretty unanimous ratings.

Could always do a poll mate  :partytime:    @ seeaye - I agree :) tbh as long as you know the rep listed is a quality piece that's all you need to know.  

The UN Blue Surf has been suggested. Opinions?

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=74921

Looks a decent piece mate but not sure if it should be in Super Rep territory ?  Anyone else have a view on it ?  ;)

@ Idegeneve - correct insert isn't ceramic but I've no doubt they will fix that later on, tbh I'd be more concerned about the paint coming off it ! Apparently the 45 now comes without the 'Liquid metal' on the case back and the Ar has       been addressed too, they are heading in the right direction :inverted:   

I'm not so sure, who confirmed that it is not ceramic? I'll admit I didn't take it apart to examine the insert, it could well but a ceramic lookalike, and it does look ceramic, the aluminium inserts we are used to on older reps are much thinner.?

Pic from sunnydale.

WP_000402800x600_zps9331b302.jpg

I'm not so sure, who confirmed that it is not ceramic? I'll admit I didn't take it apart to examine the insert, it could well but a ceramic lookalike, and it does look ceramic, the aluminium inserts we are used to on older reps are much thinner.?

Pic from sunnydale.

I stand corrected that looks pretty much ceramic to me mate  :notworthy:  I thought I'd seen one of the orange insert pieces stripped and it looked aluminium, must be going mad   :crazy:

I stand corrected that looks pretty much ceramic to me mate  :notworthy:  I thought I'd seen one of the orange insert pieces stripped and it looked aluminium, must be going mad   :crazy:

I wasn't sure either mate, def looks ceramic but could be anything :) I'm guessing they did the orange rep in alu as it was easier to get the colour close.

Pic from sunnydale.

That's definitely interesting. So what can explain the fading issue with these inserts?

I thought there may have been the Tag F1, Abyss chrono 44mm, tag 500m chrono, Flying B and I'd give a big shout for the Raymond Weil Nabucco chrono in SS.

Excellent work by everyone involved though, that's a lot of work right there!!

Sixx. :bones:

I thought there may have been the Tag F1, Abyss chrono 44mm, tag 500m chrono, Flying B and I'd give a big shout for the Raymond Weil Nabucco chrono in SS.

Excellent work by everyone involved though, that's a lot of work right there!!

Pretty sure the tag chrono is there Sixx and rightly so mate it's a great rep  :inverted: not sure on the others I know my wife's Tag F1 is bloody awesome mind you, anyone give an opinion on the others?  

I've found most ladies Tags are incredibly well rep'd and very close to gen OTB. A lot of other tags too, like the white dialled calibre 17, the calibre 36 ( other than the sunken date wheel) and the day/date old school aqua racer is amazingly well made!

But these are more up to date reps on this list, maybe these were included in previous versions? Either way, still fantastic job done!!

You're correct sarge the thread by DMS shows his new ceramic pumpkin bezel stripped down for a matte spray. It is aluminium per the gen. Omega does not make a orange ceramic bezel insert that I know of.

I don't know about the newest ceramic bezeled PO's. The watch has a transparent caseback and the movement is beyond wrong.

I don't think its that bad and who sees the back anyway???The average joe wouldn't have a clue. I appreciate the effort by the rep factories. Its nice to have an Omega with a glass back for a change. The seahorse was getting dated.

• 2 weeks later...

I just added this on the other RWG. Amazing looking rep in the flesh

That's certainly a nice looking watch!

Just a question.. the repeated "007" motifs, do they stand out on the dial?

Thank you