When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super Reps for 2013

sgtguk

Newbie here. I've been scouring for a good quality Omega PO. Leaning towards 45MM after much deliberation. I am now very fond of the titanium blue model. I know it's not on the list but could the titanium model be close to a "super rep" considering it's made 1:1 according to certain sellers on here?

If not, would it be better jus to opt for a black 45mm PO? I'm more concerned about the quality of the rep than whether it's titanium version or not. I hope that makes sense.

I for one like it but do we think it should be on the list guys?   Dial looks good but it's missing the stone @ 7 and that's an obvious tell isn't it?

Only the womans one has the diamond:-

http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/product-presentations/seamaster-50years-james-bond

• 2 months later...

Are we still keeping this list going??

Yes we are  :inverted:  apologies I've been a bit overrun as of late, quick slap to the back of my head should sort me out  :bangin:  yep all good now, lets get this list updated !

Noel, tried sending you a PM but it wouldn't take.

May I ask, what dealer did you get this Bond SMP from?

It's stunning.

• 2 weeks later...

What about the new SMP black ceramic?

That's a cracking piece mate I reckon it should be but has a few tells no? Members who have them let me know and I will add them but only if they are Super :partytime:  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's a cracking piece mate I reckon it should be but has a few tells no? Members who have them let me know and I will add them but only if they are Super :partytime:

Caseback is way off. Pearl is rather obvious. Lots of them have incorrect bezel inserts. Lume is terrible. Those are the big tells I guess.

...but apart from that, it's stunning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would have thought that apart from a different dial colour, any recent reviews of the PO ceramic 45mm would tell you most what you need?

Of course they wouldn't tell you how accurate the blue colour dial is to gen, and blue seems to be a particularily difficult colour to rep accurately.

Just had a quick look and can't see any decent reviews of it yet.

A few people have posted quick posts about the 42mm titanium blue over on RWI.

I've realised that I actually have the 45mm titanium case that's currently with Rolexman getitng a gen dial, gen hands, gen crystal, a TC movement and a cleanup - the case is gorgeous, I love the crowns and the bezel and the display caseback.

I don't intend to question the point of prasing replicas that are extremelely accurate copies of the originals. Nevertheless, in my humble opinion "super" is a ... "superlative" that goes a little too far, which at some point can lead some of us to consideer the rep, an equivalent of the genuine watch.

Although some theoreticians posit that sometimes the copy superceeds or surpaces the original, a replica still is a replica.  So why not just say that this or that watch is a  top replica instead ?

To be fair, although I truly believe what I said before, I must admit I have not had the chance to hold a "super" rep of the list in my hands.