When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Welcome to our first diamond member, Legendkiller

Admin

I would personally like to welcome Legendkiller as RWGs first ever diamond member. The diamond membership has one important role and that is to keep RWG alive and cover the costs of running this forum. RWG has grown into a large community and thanks to this, new friendships are formed around the world. This is part of what we feel is unique to RWG. We like to think we are a welcoming community that takes care of our members.

The RWG Diamond club is there for the people who are willing to pay a little higher price just to contribute to cover our costs. We won't be able to offer a lot more perks for our diamond members, but they will always have the warm and fuzzy feeling (I can only imagine it must be a bit warmer and fuzzier than the feeling our other contributors get ;)) that their favorite watch community stay online. That being said; Legendkiller has been asked to be our diamond club manager and he as promised that he will personally take care of some perks for the diamond club members. Even I don't know what this will be! Hopefully, RWG will also be able to offer some special perks for our diamond members once in a while.

The diamond membership will be our most exclusive club and the initial price was set to $50 per month. Legendkiller has signed up at this price, but as our diamond club manager, he has decided that the price was too high. He wants more members to join him in our exclusive diamond club room. (Note to self; Have Nanuq start looking for a new location for the admin lounge. I have a suspicion that the diamond club parties next door will be noisy. I even suspect they carried in more cases of champagne there than they delivered to the admin lounge....). As an initial offer, all members will be able to sign up for the diamond club @ $20 per month. Yes, it is pricey, but every penny from all memberships goes towards the costs we have to run this forum. We expect this to be a small club and we will do our very best to be able to offer members here something special, even though that is not the mission of the diamond club memberships ;)

So grab your diamond membership here:

Upgrade from VIP/platinum to diamond:

1. Log into your account here: http://account.selg.nu/login/index

2. Click here: http://account.selg.nu/signup/index/c/yXT2WFaK2

Upgrade from member-status to diamond:

http://account.selg.nu/signup/index/c/9LEjWzUb3

If you have any problems at all upgrading, PM or e-mail me and I will solve it for you asap.

• Like 2

Thank you Admin, mods team for RWG, without which,  I would have lost the chance to be mates with guys like sgtguk, the ever gregarious Dike on a Bike.. sorry Mike I mean :D, Maxman, and others.

I am happy to see that I have two fellow diamond ballers now, after I logged on back in after dinner! Good on ya both! :drinks:

Yes chief is right on one thing: this tier of membership is not about the perks anymore. Its about being a contributor and helping to keep RWG alive. Think of it as a save the whales program, but without needing to get wet actually.

For those of you who can afford it, please, lets give back to RWG by joining this exclusive clubhouse. RWG is a place where knowledge is gained, nice watches are traded, fun is had, swords are crossed occasionally, and most important of all, friendships are forged. Yes I cannot guarantee that you will gain more benefits by joining this club, but you WILL gain more respect as a serious contributor and also some satisfaction at knowing that you are one of those that is doing more to help keep this place running well. Yes the VIP and platinum supporters, all deserve the same respect. Being a diamond club member is just a little step more to contributing. It does not make you a better guy or a more superior member, but it helps you has just a little bit more satisfaction inside (and a lot more bling on your member panel when you post :D)

I will be working out the perks for each diamond member as we go along. This is all new to me and RWG, but we will do our best. I pledge to do my best to run the diamond club to the best of my ability and knowledge, and would need help from my fellow club members to make this work better.

Once again, thank you to the RWG crew, fellow members, and fellow supporters for making my time here a very nice one. 

Congrats, as soon as my wallet allows me I will be contributing.  The watch tools, and equipment investment has been keeping my wallet empty for a while, hence no new reps in two months:(

please enclose model with my Tshirt!! ;)

Seriously guys, Everyone who uses this forum should be at least a VIP member. We cannot expect to enjoy the advantages of the forum and all the information that has saved every one of us untold amounts of money, for free. Even if it is just giving you correct information about new watches and dealers and keeping you off the scam sites that take your money and give you nothing in return!!

• Like 1

paneria153

"Seriously guys, Everyone who uses this forum should be at least a VIP member. We cannot expect to enjoy the advantages of the forum and all the information that has saved every one of us untold amounts of money, for free. Even if it is just giving you correct information about new watches and dealers and keeping you off the scam sites that take your money and give you nothing in return!!''

Exactly!!!

Roger that. 

Last night I knocked the seconds hand off my Big Dazza.  How?  Not important.  :whistling:

So with the knowledge I've acquired here,

• I removed the back with a sticky ball of tape,
  • I hacked the movement before pulling the crown
  • I removed the crown/stem safely
  • I removed the case clamp screws and didn't lose any
  • I dropped out the movement and set it in a wooden block
  • I reset the seconds hand using a strip of sticky notes paper
  • I reinstalled the movement and ring,
  • I reinstalled the stem and DIDN'T POOCH THE KEYLESS WORKS   :notworthy:
  • I greased the seals and reinstalled the caseback

.........all techniques I learned by reading here over the years.  Priceless.

• Like 1

* And then I was so proud of my work, I decided to use a tiny sledge hammer to tap the case back on!!! OH! It screws in, must have dozed off during that part of the lecture.<br /><br />See guys everyone benefits from RWG <br />Join today

Me too ASCIWhite, by the way did that Patek case ever make it to you???

Yes! Thanks a million. I passed it on to the one who needed it.

I haven`t heard from him yet. But I hope He could use it.