When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Monte Carlo 7032 - Help Needed

Sbybbuser

I purchased this watch around half a year ago.
The description of the watch was removed by the seller a short time after the watch is sold.
I asked him about the spec of the watch several times but I think he's no longer active in the forum.

Here's the old link: http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=187673

What I do remember:
Gen movement (no marking), gen pusher, gen crown.

Can the expert here tell me what case is used here?
Thanks in advance.

7032-FRONT2_zpsb7220593.jpg

7032-SIDE_zps15ce47e9.jpg

7032-FRONT_zps4d8d9d9f.jpg

7032-CASEBACK_zps610f4cc8.jpg

7032-BRACELET_zps5c5653ad.jpg

7032-LUG1_zps1871b29b.jpg

7032-LUG2_zps7dc0425c.jpg

7032-SIDE3_zpsac54f60f.jpg

7032-CRYSTAL_zpsb990fd8e.jpg

I'm very certain that this is a DW case, based on everything I can see (crystal, handset, dial, bezel... everything).

The movement is most likely NOT gen Tudor. If the seller meant "genuine Valjoux", then that's an odd thing to point out, because there are no Asian V7734 movements. I also don't believe that the pushers or the crown are gen, either. Genuine Tudor Monte Carlo pushers are some of the rarest parts you could look for, and would probably sell for more than you paid for this watch. As for the crown, that's supposed to be a 7mm Twinlock (i.e. a 24-700-0), and it looks too fat to be one. Crown and pushers appear to be DW units, too.

The good news is that it still looks like a really good watch. Also, the caseback looks like it was modded well.

• Like 1

Contrary to what the previous owner (Seller) told you, there hasn't been anything done to this watch. It's a great watch nonetheless, and with a few mods it would be outstanding. Replace the crystal if possible, also internally unless it hasn't been done, the minute totalizer is 30 minutes with this movement, it needs to be converted to a 45 minute totalizer.

• 5 years later...