When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Diver v4.. Could it be out?!

folex

Hi guys,

So I was looking around another on another forum, and I came across this. Though it is not a V4 per se, but the inner bezel is updated to almost gen. Much much better than the current 3.5, hence I call it V4. Just wondering if anyone out there has one and could confirm this. I believe this is as close as it gets to the gen diver =D Notice the difference?

(Apologies for using someone else's pictures, its not mine, will delete if requested.)

EvkqARA.jpg

P2m6u1f.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I saw that thread too.....the OP there even posted his source....who is obviously not a TD at any of the big 4 rep boards.....That's why I am reluctant to buy from him....but yes, the watch is definitely better than the 3.5 that we all have access to.....What I don't understand is that all our TD's say that there is just one factory for the 3.5....then how come this one is different and better than the 3.5.....means there is another factory that's doing a better job? Also Angus @ Puretime said in one of his threads that the factory is not keen on upgrading the inner bezel at the moment coz it has lot of bezels in stock...Maybe later they will he says.....

Now if our TD's could get this version it would be great.....Mind you, this is not perfect still coz the zeros on the inner bezel still have bigger gap than the gen...but yes, it's definitely closer to the gen than the 3.5....The inner edges on the zeroes are somewhat squarish (not perfect squares like in the gen) but better than the 3.5.....The bezel is bolder too in this one...like in the gen.

Just for you to see =) Its obvious how the 0's are much fatter, almost like the gen now relative to what it was before. It almost has that layer like the gen. 

GEN

AP+ROO+Diver+e.jpg

V4                                                                                                                                                      V3.5

post-44729-0-26492900-1374120777_thumb.j

Just for you to see =) Its obvious how the 0's are much fatter, almost like the gen now relative to what it was before. It almost has that layer like the gen. 

GEN

AP+ROO+Diver+e.jpg

V4                                                                                                                                                      V3.5

Precisely, it seems more of a quality of non QC in the lume from the factory as on the 40 and 50, the difference doesn't seem all that great. 

It could be a V3.5 with a bad lume on the 20. But hey, no harm asking...if you don't ask you might never know. :)

Edited by kindred666

I asked and apparently its the new stock. I doubt its just QC, as I already had asked for a few. Its not only the "20" its the "30", and so forth. If you noticed, it is thicker, and the inner part of the "0" is now square. Though it is missing the thin layer around it like the gen, its about as close as it gets.

A few people have contacted this unknown dealer, paid and gotten QC pics.

Angus is now offering this one.

It sure is...I had a look at a new TD's photos of a advertised Noob 3.5 and it did seems to have slightly thicker fonts and inner square.

But then again, the TDs are also insisting that there are quite a few of them (no names mentioned of course) out there that are selling this supposed Chanel factory's Diver as a Noob as they are always out of stock.

Agreed, but oddly enough when I emailed the person he claimed that this is updated Noob. 

Something smells fishy around here.

Something is fishy indeed......I can't understand why any of the TD's offered us this 'new version' despite the fact that all of us have been clamoring for that improved lume on the inner bezel and when such an option existed why was it not made available.