When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

15400 RO from Angus worth the wait?

So I understand there are rumors about a better version of the 15400 Royal Oak that fixes the polished rehaut issue and perhaps a better rotor on a Miyota movement that Angus is involved with.

Is this new version suppose to be out soon? 

IMHO, Im happy with the current version and possibly pulling the trigger and modding the rehaut myself. Are there that many issues with the current version that the wait for the new version is worth it? 

Cheers in advance for any input. 

Modify nothing but wait is my attitude on this....ultimate problem is the open/display caseback

Seems two new versions are on the way...oddly enough it seems to be an Angus is involved in both. BTW Miyota is probably a person not a nmovement in this case?

Movement in the new replica according to puretime Angus

udypuhyv.jpg

a3ygavy8.jpg

Braceley on the new rep and genuine side by side

7egysada.jpg

Note: But I am no AP expert. This is just hearsay.

The one available atm is from the BP maker with the rehaut issue

The one pictured above is from the maker who made the Calibre de Cartier with correct subdial positioning and some other tourbillon reps. More details of it will be released in a few days, though what has been said so far is that the bracelet is quite good and the cote de geneve decoration on the 2824 movement looks much more like gen than the BP version.

The other version that Angus is more heavily involved with, is the one with the Miyota 9015 movement being made by the LW case maker but is still 5-6 months away. It's main advantage is the thinness of the movement (the other versions aren't true to gen in terms of thickness)

Angus just posted this from his maker

6ahugazu.jpg

uhaqa9e4.jpg

Size 10mm, is this correct? And how thick is the other version? = Said by Angus

e6uby9y2.jpg

Normal light condition

How thick is BP version?

who has the best sub? :1a: 

BP? I get confused in all th abbreviations but maybe its 12mm in the last current version? its just a guess on my part

Angus just posted this from his maker

6ahugazu.jpg

uhaqa9e4.jpg

Size 10mm, is this correct? And how thick is the other version? = Said by Angus

e6uby9y2.jpg

Normal light condition

The reflections on the dial looks a closer to gen, as the current version doesnt look "metallic" enough.

Have just bought the gen 15400 white dial version and this is getting uncomfortably close... ;)

Edited by Et3r17al

How thick is BP version?

BP: 11mm

New version: 10.09mm

Gen: 9.8mm

The upcoming Miyota version most likely will be thinnest/closest to gen as the 9015 is 3.9mm thick compared to a2824 which is 4.5 or 4.6mm can't remember exactly. I do wonder why Angus didn't opt for the 2892 which are already in some reps

New version: 10.09mm

:bangin:

as if that last digit is significant... :play_ball:

Anyhow I might just wait for a later version of this...guess its all in the movement

• 3 weeks later...