When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MD2020 Who is dealing with him, I'm worried now!

sgtguk

Wow from mob to all good friends.... After all the abuse mike took he should tell all of you to *@ off. Remember who wrote all the disparaging remarks Mike so next time they ask you to work on their stuff you can charge double the price.

So, should he tell these others to *@ off before or after he addresses why he posted a pic of their property in a for sale ad on Facebook? And why would he ever post a replica watch pic on a mainstream board like Facebook to begin with? But I guess that was everyone else's fault as well. No matter how much good modding work one has done for certain members, it's hard to find an honorable answer to these questions. One's true character always shines through when the going gets tough.

Posted Image

Two questions...

1. Why would one post counterfeit replica watches for sale on a non-replica Internet forum, especially one as mainstream as Bacefook? Not a gen watch forum, but still questionable choice and shows probable intent to deceive.

2. Why would one post a group shot of other members' property in a for sale ad anywhere? If to just stimulate interest and queries but only one or two are actually his property in the pic that he planned to actually sell, that is a shady used car salesmanship type of tactic IMO. You know, the old "don't have that one you asked for, but boy do I have a deal for you on this one..." Again, questionable choice and shows probable intent to deceive.

Neither of these two questions come to any answer that I can think of that is above board.

• Like 2

al qaeda w/ cheese " Wow from mob to all good friends....  After all the abuse mike took he should tell all of you to *&#@ off."

NO NOT The WAY TO GO. :nono:

There were legitimate concerns reactions not with standing, some over reacted. Let us look at those that voiced their concern and did not over react as a model

to emulate. :pimp:

PS That being said I think Mike already told everybody to F%#K off twice anyway so that horse left the stable. :black_eye:

• Like 2

A valid picture yes, conjecture and innuendo at this point do nothing to resolve the issue at hand. I would venture there is no acceptable explanation but as long as all watches return to their homes as they seem to be, point is kinda mute. As a parry to al qaeda's post I would use my post 343 as model for further discourse in this matter.

al qaeda w/ cheese " Wow from mob to all good friends....  After all the abuse mike took he should tell all of you to *&#@ off."

NO NOT The WAY TO GO. :nono:

There were legitimate concerns reactions not with standing, some over reacted. Let us look at those that voiced their concern and did not over react as a model

to emulate. :pimp:

PS That being said I think Mike already told everybody to F%#K off twice anyway so that horse left the stable. :black_eye:

Some did over react, some chimed in and didn't have a watch with Mike. Yes the whole thing was unfortunate, but is just funny when I revisited this thread and it seemed like we should be singing Kumbaya.  I do agree with you we should look to those voices  that did not over react.

" when I revisited this thread and it seemed like we should be singing Kumbaya." and this is a bad thing. :g:

Quite the contrary and it would have been better left to run it's course without comment for as you can see all do not feel like singing. :nonono:

"Yes the whole thing was unfortunate" so let sleeping dogs lie ................................... :shutup2:

Caught up with Mike this weekend in person.

Among other things, we talked at lengths about this thread. He takes everything here with extreme diligence. Yes, at the end of the day he has work to complete--and while it may be hard to remember people, bc this is the internet--he's still a person, and recently suffered a very tragic family loss.

I don't speak for him, just trying to supply some reassurances. He's catching up, and ran me through his schedule for working and communication (7 days a week) ... he's incredibly devoted and passionate to his work.

I have complete faith that Mike is totally and wholly committed to ensuring timely completion of all jobs on his plate... and given what he's had to go through lately, I sincerely applaud his level of commitment and professionalism.

And if he's not replying on this thread, it's because he's probably working...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• Like 1

Wow from mob to all good friends.... After all the abuse mike took he should tell all of you to *@ off. Remember who wrote all the disparaging remarks Mike so next time they ask you to work on their stuff you can charge double the price.

Pretty sure he did tell this entire forum to *@ off... but whose keeping track? Right.

Please! Lets not make him out to be a hero.

Reality check is Mike brought this all on himself. He should be apologizing to his customers and then we can all move one. Instead, we're now going to vilify the people that had absolutely horrible customer service.

I'm sure Mike's a great guy and I'm happy for all the good work he's done. But let's get at least a little mea culpa and maybe the people that got absolutely horrible service can move on.

This whole nonsense is about taking care of customers properly and nobody seems to realize it. And, yes, he did pretty much tell all the forum members to F off!

Edited by kbh
  • Like 7

Please! Lets not make him out to be a hero.

Reality check is Mike brought this all on himself. He should be apologizing to his customers and then we can all move one. Instead, we're now going to vilify the people that had absolutely horrible customer service.

I'm sure Mike's a great guy and I'm happy for all the good work he's done. But let's get at least a little mea culpa and maybe the people that got absolutely horrible service can move on.

This whole nonsense is about taking care of customers properly and nobody seems to realize it. And, yes, he did pretty much tell all the forum members to F off!

Totally agree. Still no watch btw.

• Like 1

I wasn't trying to threaten him, I mentioned that in the post, sometimes people forget that it's a small world, it was my way of reminding him about that and even though he is hundreds if not thousands of miles away from his customers that people have friends in other cities. Wanted him to understand that this wasn't going to go away. My friend had a very expensive watch with him and at the time to my knowledge it had not been returned. I also was getting very tired of seeing shout after shout, post after post from random members claiming that Mike was still ignoring them after allll that time had passed and after Mike acknowledged that he would communicate with all of his customers weeks earlier. After speaking with my friend I found out that his watch had been returned and I thanked Mike for that in a pm. I don't think he handled the situation well, I find it very immature for people to come on here now, after everything that has transpired and say that we were too hard on him, people were at the point of writing off their stuff! That's how long he ignored them for. If you would "get tired of the emails" as you say, and behave as Mike did, your buisness would really suffer, I hope for your sake that if/when you find yourself in his shoes you don't treat your customers like that.

Just thought I'd chime in...I had been around this and other forums since most of them began.  "I forgot my password to this one and just re-registered"  I have sent several watches to modders in the past....NEVER have I been screwed over.  Some of them took over a year to be returned.  Which was not unusual.  Communication with the modders was always sparse at best...but that was the price I was willing to pay.  I sent MD2020 a total of 4 watches with the polite instructions to take his time...no rush.  I just received 2 of them back in great condition and he went above and beyond my expectations. These were not easy fixes either...I am a beast with my watches...to the point where parts and pieces are broken on the inside.  I will continue to send Mike my watches as long as he still wants to take time to mess with them.  Thanks again Mike...I for one, appreciate your services.

I heard from Mike this weekend. I sent him four watches, two of which were projects. He's got the work done on all but one, so i am all good. I wasn't worried about it anyway as I told him I was in no big rush when I sent them.

So, should he tell these others to *&#@ off before or after he addresses why he posted a pic of their property in a for sale ad on Facebook? And why would he ever post a replica watch pic on a mainstream board like Facebook to begin with? But I guess that was everyone else's fault as well. No matter how much good modding work one has done for certain members, it's hard to find an honorable answer to these questions. One's true character always shines through when the going gets tough.

That is not true at all. No one else's property was listed as 'For Sale' in an ad nor any other way on Facebook, nor anywhere else. I saw his post. Why make up this garbage?

In fact, it looks to me that there is quite a bit of fabricated garbage in this thread. Has anyone done a quick tally of all the claimed watches Mike is supposed to have had to repair? 

And when someone manned up and admits he attacked and was out of line with a snoot-full of beer, that gets attacked? 

Quite a few of these posts read like piling on, fabricated stories, unreasonable and impatient requests, and flat out lies. I'd suggest it stop. This is RWG. Not some flaming message board with watches as an after thought. 

• Like 1

Personally I always preferred the white but some guys do swear by the orange..

But I guess that is a subjective choice....

;)