When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MD2020 Who is dealing with him, I'm worried now!

sgtguk

Maybe folks should try to reach him on Facebook...

200 PM's a Day....... "Where's my watch?" "How's it coming along?" "To hell with your family and personal matters, is my watch done yet?" All that whining is enough to make a preacher infuriated.

There's so much positive feedback about MD2020........ Who cares about his FB post. Go ahead, ask for your watch back. You'd probably be doing him a favor.

Edited by Admin
Image removed

This is why you don't argue on the Internet. You can have a thorough discussion covering all the bases, then someone new joins the conversation 2 pages later with no clue what's been said, starts spewing inane bullshit that was debunked 10 pages ago and seems to be quite self-satisfied with the mountain of hot hog jizz they have sprayed over everyone.

post-22602-0-14454500-1380859019_thumb.j

• Like 1

guys lets not stir this anymore.. its not doing either MD2020 or anyone else any favors.

Lets be rational about this, and not worsen the situation.

There are 3 sides to every dispute: Your side, my side, and the truthful side.

Give Mike his space, and if you have anything to say, you know his email or facebook account.

Sensational stirring won't help at all.

This is why you don't argue on the Internet. You can have a thorough discussion covering all the bases, then someone new joins the conversation 2 pages later with no clue what's been said, starts spewing inane [censored] that was debunked 10 pages ago and seems to be quite self-satisfied with the mountain of hot hog jizz they have sprayed over everyone.

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif sbJnnR.jpeg

Interesting perspective. I've been attentively reading this since it first showed up back at the end of August. I've read every single letter to the point of utter disgust and annoyance. I can't believe these are grown @ss men complaining like this. It's not hard to single out who are the cry Baby's. It's the same people over and over. It's also the same wise @sses who always have something negative to say. Trust me, I could name every single one of you and even pin point your rants and raves with precision throughout this entire forum. I've read that much. In fact, it's a project I've been working on with the help of a program I've developed. I'm going to call it " Tools & little Whiny girls". You'll be amazed at how often the same people pop up and are just miserable people through and through. I've been here for a few years and have always kept quiet. I read and analyze trends and patterns. This is a forum. A liberal one at that. If I have a comment, question or reasonable concern I'll say something. Most often than not, I'm invisible. I may not be a contributing member, but a loyal member none the less. I've assisted in a couple of matters. Made a few purchases all with the utmost respect and integrity.

I just despise little B!tches. Grown men sobbing over a couple hundred dollars. The length of some of these retorts, not to mention the ones from MD2020 himself are dizzyingly inefficient and unreasonable. So, here we are nearly 6 weeks later, 23 pages and almost 500 posts and there still seems to be panties in a bunch.

MD2020 has gone way out of his way. His one and only reply should have been " I'll get to it when I get to it. " " F-You, I've got a family and personal matters to take care of" " you want your $200 watch back, here you go and here's $50 to shut you the F-Up."

Apparently, he's more skilled and much nicer than I. He doesn't owe any of you anything. You aren't entitled to anything except the service you agreed to. He shouldn't have to hold your hand all the way through a [censored] ant couple hundred dollar service charge.

I'm Done and that's my $.02.

I really do not want to get involved with this L8terz, but if you want to say something to me in particular then please do so, if not please stay the fuck out of this, it's not your argument, in fact its not anyone's argument, I along with other members simply want to see our watches again, not too much to ask is it?

I have sent Mike a few emails asking where/when/if my stuff has been sent heard nothing back, why?

Why do I feel that I am being treated like an asshole now, I just sent in some watches for some work..........thats all.

I haven't hounded Mike with loads of emails been on his case about the work, nor have I made any threats or winged to anyone, cried or indeed acted like a bitch in all this, fuck me all I want is to have the watches back that I paid good money for, my money I might add not anyones else's and it's not merely 200$ I'm talking about its approx 3000$.

Ok rant over now let's get back to the reason we are on this forum  :)

Btw, What do you suggest I do to contact Mike? Please enlighten me as to what you would do in my situation? 

• Like 6

Apparently, he's more skilled and much nicer than I. He doesn't owe any of you anything. You aren't entitled to anything except the service you agreed to. He shouldn't have to hold your hand all the way through a piss ant couple hundred dollar service charge.

You just contradicted your own argument, you say he doesn't owe anything to any of us, yet we are entitled to the service we agreed to. Well, very few of us have received the service we agreed to and are waiting longer than we were told both before and after Mike's family troubles.

You cannot say that we should all sit tight and not question why our watches have not been returned (repaired or not) when you have no clue about the in's an out's of each our individual 'service agreements' with Mike. Let me hazard a guess and say you don't have any watches with Mike?

The thing that annoys me, coming from someone who runs a small business, is Mike's lack of customer service, its all very well for you to say he's a craftsman and his expertise takes time, I don't think anyone would disagree with you on that, however, a professional would have contacted his clients, apologised for the delay and given an ETA on when the job would be finished. This hasn't happened.

I have been patient, I PM'd Mike once, no reply. Sent an email 5 weeks ago, no reply. Sent a second email on Tuesday this week, still no reply. If you find that acceptable from a business, any business, then more fool you.

• Like 8

Interesting perspective. I've been attentively reading this since it first showed up back at the end of August. I've read every single letter to the point of utter disgust and annoyance. I can't believe these are grown @ss men complaining like this. It's not hard to single out who are the cry Baby's. It's the same people over and over. It's also the same wise @sses who always have something negative to say. Trust me, I could name every single one of you and even pin point your rants and raves with precision throughout this entire forum. I've read that much. In fact, it's a project I've been working on with the help of a program I've developed. I'm going to call it " Tools & little Whiny girls". You'll be amazed at how often the same people pop up and are just miserable people through and through. I've been here for a few years and have always kept quiet. I read and analyze trends and patterns. This is a forum. A liberal one at that. If I have a comment, question or reasonable concern I'll say something. Most often than not, I'm invisible. I may not be a contributing member, but a loyal member none the less. I've assisted in a couple of matters. Made a few purchases all with the utmost respect and integrity.

I just despise little B!tches. Grown men sobbing over a couple hundred dollars. The length of some of these retorts, not to mention the ones from MD2020 himself are dizzyingly inefficient and unreasonable. So, here we are nearly 6 weeks later, 23 pages and almost 500 posts and there still seems to be panties in a bunch.

MD2020 has gone way out of his way. His one and only reply should have been " I'll get to it when I get to it. " " F-You, I've got a family and personal matters to take care of" " you want your $200 watch back, here you go and here's $50 to shut you the F-Up."

Apparently, he's more skilled and much nicer than I. He doesn't owe any of you anything. You aren't entitled to anything except the service you agreed to. He shouldn't have to hold your hand all the way through a [censored] ant couple hundred dollar service charge.

I'm Done and that's my $.02.

Just ignore this guy. Theres no reason to speak to him. Our business is with mike. Hes been speaking to us here and there. I just hope that hes working on our watches and not taking on more work.

If anyone spoke to mike and got their watch back please post it.

• Like 1

Just ignore this guy. Theres no reason to speak to him. Our business is with mike. Hes been speaking to us here and there. I just hope that hes working on our watches and not taking on more work.

If anyone spoke to mike and got their watch back please post it.

Good idea. In fact, that's what you were supposed to do in the first place. When I finally chimed in I directed the message to MD2020 himself. I put forth my opinion on the matter to the actual person in question. Not one single person other than MD2020 did I direct this to. I could give a rats ass what you or anyone else thinks of my opinion.

I've previously handled situations like this before. There's a couple members out there and a few threads that will prove it. Do some digging, you'll see.

I really do not want to get involved with this L8terz, but if you want to say something to me in particular then please do so, if not please stay the [censored] out of this, it's not your argument, in fact its not anyone's argument, I along with other members simply want to see our watches again, not too much to ask is it?

I have sent Mike a few emails asking where/when/if my stuff has been sent heard nothing back, why?

Why do I feel that I am being treated like an [censored] now, I just sent in some watches for some work..........thats all.

I haven't hounded Mike with loads of emails been on his case about the work, nor have I made any threats or winged to anyone, cried or indeed acted like a [censored] in all this, [censored] me all I want is to have the watches back that I paid good money for, my money I might add not anyones else's and it's not merely 200$ I'm talking about its approx 3000$.

Ok rant over now let's get back to the reason we are on this forum :)

Btw, What do you suggest I do to contact Mike? Please enlighten me as to what you would do in my situation?

You should have come to me in the first place. I've already got a file started. Child's play.

I haven't chimed in for a reason; I'm new to the forum and wanted to see how it's members really are. I'm truly surprised.

If I were a watch-smith, I would make a blacklist with the majority of the names of those who participated in the thread. I wouldn't take your money. None of it. I would refuse your work without regard.

If I were MD2020, I would continue my course of action by rectifying the matter with detailed communication and work AT MY PACE until all work is completed. If you wanted your watch back, you would get it untouched in its original condition. Just make sure you pay for insurance. You know how snail mail can be.

Gentleman, keep in mind your pretentious, self-imposed "privileged" diatribe is over a replica watch. It reveals far more about yourself than you realize, in a very negative way.

He has said enough; his situation is known so deal with it how you choose. If you're dealing with MD2020, then deal with him until your specific matter is handled. Your decision to do future business with him is your call. Sadly, I'm curious who has a legitimate complaint and who's hiding behind their keyboard riding the band wagon.

Any further discussion SHOULD be beneath you. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Very well said.

I don't think a public listing of what Mike is doing for you, updates on the status of the work is really needed. This would only start additional comments that are un-needed.

Example, you post one of your jobs is taking a long time. Others start jumping-on, wanting to know why. Every job is different, and there may be stumbling blocks due to

unforeseen issues with each project. I don't expect to know every detail of each job he's doing for others, but those details would be needed to fully understand the entire project.

What's next, asking publicly what you've paid for your work! Come'on guys, let's be reasonable here. I have 3 pieces with Mike myself. If I want an update on how things are

going, I'll chat with Mike. That's who's doing my work and that is who I'm paying too. What he charges me is no one else's business, nor should it be. How long My jobs are taking

are also no one's business. Again, you don't know the details of what I need done on each piece, parts that may be needed or what Mike & I have agreed to.

Not trying to jump on you sgtguk, just maybe you & I don't see eye-to-eye on this 'Transparency' thing, but that's My .02 cents!

Dave...

Great perspective.

You should have come to me in the first place. I've already got a file started. Child's play.

I know mate, hey I didn't want to get you involved in this debacle, I'm hoping this will run it's course and Mike will be in touch  ;)

L8terz. Your posts or opinions mean nothing to me. This is for the people that are dealing with mike. Mind your business all I see is some clown trying to be some Internet tough guy idiot with long winded opinions but since you don't give a rats ass about what anyone says about u u won't have a answer for this, but we both know you'll chime in with your stupid comment. As for the rest of us that actually have business with mike, lets hope this goes well like its been going.

L8terz. Your posts or opinions mean nothing to me. This is for the people that are dealing with mike. Mind your business all I see is some clown trying to be some Internet tough guy idiot with long winded opinions but since you don't give a rats ass about what anyone says about u u won't have a answer for this, but we both know you'll chime in with your stupid comment. As for the rest of us that actually have business with mike, lets hope this goes well like its been going.

How right you are. In fact I have no qualms addressing the ignorant individually. Clown & idiot you say ??...... How endearing. Clown ?? Perhaps. It's always a good time amongst my company. Idiot ?? Absolutely not. I'm 32 and have not a single worry in life. Albeit, since you specifically resulted to getting personal and name calling........what I see is a " Clown" and an "idiot" that is out of a watch and there's nothing you can do about it. Now you've resulted to spending your free time hovering over your computer praying you'll get your precious little replica watch back.

This is a very shitty situation to be in. I can understand and empathize. But!!!! To play devils advocate, and from One who possesses a Behavioral Psychology degree, you just never know how situations will affect people. Maybe MD2020 is a jerk-off. Or, maybe his personal issues have severely screwed up his routine. Who knows. I have gathered together a spreadsheet to analyze and this is what I've come up with. There are a few that are still waiting. But, there are far more of you that have had a full turn around. None of you has gotten screwed. You either had your service performed and your watch returned or you've just gotten your watch back. Those are the facts.

With all due respect to those still waiting, trends tell me you're going to get your service done or your property back. Settle Down and just wait it out. This thread once started as a concern and blown unnecessarily out of proportion. Many opinions have arisen including my unwanted ones. So many of you have chimed in and haven't even read the majority of this issue. I have read this entire thing multiple times.

Not one single person has been robbed by MD2020.

Hi folks. Just checking back in because I got one of MD2020's failed repairs back from the local watchmaker. This was a brand new watch keeping nearly perfect time that I sent to Mike in early March 2013 for a cleaning. I got it back in late August running over a minute fast. He told me he wasn't sure what had happened so I gave him a few more months to figure it out. Finally I asked for it back in August as it became obvious that Mike had taken in more work than he could handle and was blowing off dozens of clients.. So last week I took it to my local watchmaker to see if I could salvage the watch. He said it was probably lubricated incorrectly. A week later, I got back a watch keeping nearly perfect time. For some reason, Mike was not even able to clean this watch correctly.

There is no good excuse for this. I fear there is much more troubling Mike than just "family matters". When excuses don't make sense, they're usually not true. I hope I'm wrong, but I'd get my watches back ASAP before Mike disappears.

Finally, Mike please return my $320. You did not earn any of it at this point. It will cost me more to repair your repairs--even a cleaning by you required a repair.  There is no justification to keep my money. How can you treat people this way? In any event Mike, no matter what you choose to do, I wish you well and I hope you get your life in order.

I've kept quiet till now but emails stopped a few weeks back. I keep perceviering !

I dunne think the engines can take it....

Idiot ?? Absolutely not.

I can understand and empathize ... from One who possesses a Behavioral Psychology degree

Bwaaahahahahahaaa!

Classic internet argument!

"I've got a degree that tells me what I'm doing it not helping the situation at all."

(apologies for sidetracking this thread)

• Like 1