When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MD2020 Who is dealing with him, I'm worried now!

sgtguk

Come on guys, this is counterproductive. this thread is really about the problems folks who have watches with Mike are experiencing. It's not meant to be anything else. I'm posting here, only because I'm in the same dilemma as a few others. Mike has not answered my PM's in the past few days either. This is not and indictment of Mike, as I have said in previous posts, I truly believe that Mike is a good guy, and I certainly believe that he means well, but was totally unprepared for the series of events that have taken place in the past few weeks. It's unfortunate that those events happened, but you know what, bad things happen to good people all the time. It's just up to the individual how he/she handles the adversity.

What Mike needs to do now is sit down and answer every PM and Email that he's gotten in the past few days, reassuring the watch owners that their watch is OK, and what stage it's in. That would go a long way toward tamping down some of the problems that have occurred. I have a really nice DW Daytona with him, sent it up to be assembled, I'm not worried that the watch is not being taken care of, but it would be nice to get a brief message telling me where he was with sorting out a couple of problems he ran into. After this crisis is past, then he needs to sit down and reevaluate his business and decide on some rules and regulations governing his watch repair business. Having a good plan is vital to any business, and to be successful over the long run, he needs to devise a plan and stick to it. If that means that he tells me when I Pm or email him about a project, that he can't handle it right then, but he will have a slot open in two weeks, or two months, that 's fine with me. That happened al the time when Ziggy was working on reps, you might have to wait a month or more before you could send your watch in.

Hopefully, he will get this all sorted out and everything can return to normal here, and we can all eagerly await the next noob posting "who has the best Sub" 

OH Jesus here we go................................ =@

Two things my friends one, the only end result in this tit for tat is a closed thread ,we ain't there yet but we will be.  :shutup2:

Number two ,I am very sympathetic for the watches you guys have out there incommunicado (you know that) but we have another thread we really need to think about.

We have lost PayPal again and it ain't coming back, how long do you think we are going to last without funding. :cry2:  I had PMed back and fourth with the chief trying to find answers months ago as we realized it was just a matter of time unfortunately nothing presented an acceptable solution.Desperate times call for desperate measures maybe some of our past ideas may seem more palatable now, I will revisit the exchanges. :g::frusty:

Let the guys who need to get there watch biz straighten out do just that and the rest of us should be brainstorming a way to solve this pressing and serious problem. :pimp:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/162197-pp-closed-our-again-againand-i-am-personally-banned-from-pp-for-life/page-2#entry1263410

• Like 1

We have lost PayPal again and it ain't coming back, how long do you think we are going to last without funding. :cry2:

Let the guys who need to get there watch biz straighten out do just that and the rest of us should be brainstorming a way to solve this pressing and serious problem. :pimp:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/162197-pp-closed-our-again-againand-i-am-personally-banned-from-pp-for-life/page-2#entry1263410

Sorry to hijack this thread. What are our options? Surely there must be something us members can do to help.

If Amazon payments are a no-go then how about Clickbank or Google Checkout?

There are always options and alternatives, we just have to find them.

Letting RWG go down is not an option.

Back to the original topic.

1) I sent my watch to MD based on rolexman recommendation 

2) MD sent regular updates on my watch before his personal drama unfolded

3) Once he got back on the grid. I pm'd him, he responded promptly with an apology and thanked me for being patient and understanding.

4) He sent me QC pics and once I gave my approval he sent me a tracking number

5) I would use him again, Because I think he is smart guy and use this as a learning experiences to grow as a business.

• Like 1

Thats good to know

Back to the original topic.

1) I sent my watch to MD based on rolexman recommendation 

2) MD sent regular updates on my watch before his personal drama unfolded

3) Once he got back on the grid. I pm'd him, he responded promptly with an apology and thanked me for being patient and understanding.

4) He sent me QC pics and once I gave my approval he sent me a tracking number

5) I would use him again, Because I think he is smart guy and use this as a learning experiences to grow as a business.

Thats good to know. Gives the rest of us some comfort knowing some people are getting somewhere... Then again it makes us wonder what one needs to do to deserve an update from Mike.

Thats good to know

Thats good to know. Gives the rest of us some comfort knowing some people are getting somewhere... Then again it makes us wonder what one needs to do to deserve an update from Mike.

Good and glad to know. Now I hope he does this for everyone else. And with that I'm done with this. Ill just wait and see.

Gentlemen, let me add my two cents here: MD approached the staff with a request for his own modding section on the board. We went back and forth discussing it, and the consensus was that he needs to show more experience before we give him our official approval. I discussed this with him at length. The very suggestions that you guys have come up with are the same ones I gave him: he needs essentially a business plan, laying out how he's going to manage watches coming in, watches going out, billing, keeping track of projects, what projects he will accept, and communication. I gave him some time to come up with a plan, put it in writing, and him and I could go over it. That would help him answer a bunch of questions before they came up, and give him a hard methodology to follow so he would be successful. I know he is gung ho to get this business going, but then "life happened". As always, things came up. Before he really had a chance to get started, this crap storm has blown up, and now he's trying to put out brushfires as fast as they pop up. That was exactly why I wanted a plan for him to follow. At this time, MD2020 is still not a formally recognized Modder here on the board. That doesn't impugn him in any way, it just means that we are not formally endorsing him or giving him his own section yet. That will come with time, I'm sure. Until then, remember that he's doing the best he can, and approach business transactions with him with open communication, good expectations, and understanding of his limitations. He's a young guy doing his best. Communication (both ways) is the best way to form that positive outcome.

• Like 2

Nanug, very well said sir. Mike will get it sorted out, may take him a few days, but if he only has 17 watches in house, he should get everyone cleaned up in a short time. He still needs to get back to those of us who have PM'ed him over the past few days.

On a more serious but very important note, we as members should be putting our heads together and trying to find a solution to getting funds transferred to RWG. The board cannot survive long term without funds, and right now the options are pretty slim. I got a notice from Paypal today that my monthly Diamond membership automatic withdrawal was cancelled, which concerns me no end.

I wanted to add a few more kind words about MD2020. When I asked for my watches back, I eventually got them. During the 6 month period that Mike had 2 of my watches, I offered to pay him more for repairs to the ceramic PO on several occasions (I sent it for servicing initially but the seconds hand broke when he removed it and then when I located the part months later and he replaced it, something else broke--I'm still not sure what), but he never asked for more money or took me up on my multiple offers to pay more (which he easily could have done if his intentions were not good). To me it seems like Mike is a person more interested in making friends on the forum than in making money.I hope he is not offended by this--I think wanting to make friends is a beautiful thing (if kept in balance) and I think it bodes well. But when things are not balanced, you end up with neither friends nor money sometimes. I think he was genuinely offended when I asked for my watches back--in disbelief that I did not trust him. He got mad and stopped communicating with me and he sent my watches back in anger. He may not yet have the capacity to see my point of view, but the fact that he fundamentally believes he is honest means he probably is. In explaining the delays over 6 months, I think he told me some things that were not true--but these are more like white lies to save face.  Anyway, if I'm at all correct (and I may be way off), maybe we can all send a collective message to just return peoples' property right away (repaired or not) and all will be forgiven. We all deserve to not have to worry about our property and Mike deserves peace as well. Mike has a duty to relieve our anxiety, but I think we have the same duty to him. I can't imagine the stress he feels. Anyway, I hope this works out for everyone.

Mike, I agree, this thread has run it's course. I believe that everyone who had something to say has said it. We need to move on, all that is going to happen from this point on is to create more animosity, name calling and nothing good comes from that. Every side of the story has been told, everyone had their opportunity to vent their frustrations, give advice, air their personal stories and now in my opinion it's time to move on. If folks want their watches back, no problem, send them back. They and their watches will no longer be your problem. More time to devote to your own situation and the watches of those folks who are willing to wait things out. Work on your business plan, take care of business, family and otherwise and everything will work out in the long run.

That's all from me folks, I've said my say, and I'm done.

Good night Gracie!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

As I mentioned earlier mike has my hublot for some work. He was quick to reply and he quickly outlined his workload and that it would get done in due time. I was not concerned then and sent my watch and even though he did not ask for payment in advance I sent it. He has been great with communication and I look forward to getting my watch back when he has completed the work.

I'm sorry you feel this way Mike. I should add that I didn't threaten legal action until last week after you failed to communicate with me for over a week after I nicely asked you to send my watches back unrepaired and said you could keep my money too. This was the level of my frustration after nearly 6 months. You can't do this sort of stuff Mike. I don't know why you got mad at that--but you should try to figure that out. When we spoke by phone two months ago or so, you admitted I had been more than patient. I'm not sure why you're taking this position now--I just wanted my watches back--if you had replied OK and sent me the tracking this would have ended (I didn't receive any emails Mike and I was looking--several months ago we stopped PM-ing because you similarly claimed that I hadn't received several PMs too). And in the end I gave you the watches rather than take any legal action. I had moved on, I was happier giving you the watches and money rather than chasing you. 

Initially, about 2 months ago I mentioned that my sister is a lawyer in Chicago because you didn't seem to understand the law of bailments and how it applies to you. You NEED to know this Mike if you are a watchmaker. I offered to get you information on this so you believed me because you seemed to think you were not responsible--and my sister is naturally the person I would have called for questions on Illinois law. I told you I was a lawyer also so you would believe me. As I told you, I quit many years ago and became a Registered Nurse because I didn't like conflict--I assured you I would not sue you because of this--but then another couple months passed and you stopped communicating. Had you not read a threat into this and taken me up on my offer, you would find that when you take someone's property for repairs, a bailment is created. That means you have to return the property in at least as good a condition as you received it. If this doesn't happen, for whatever reason including an innocent mistake on your part, you are still responsible. You need to know this Mike if you take people's property for repairs. So when you returned my IWC with a significant blemish on the face of the ceramic case, I was shocked that your only response was that you didn't know what happened and to suggest that you had received it this way and I was trying to cheat you. I was angry at this. But you would have seen this blemish Mike, it was obvious. You also had seen the QC pics before I sent it. In fairness, you agreed to fix it after trying to avoid it at first. You assure me it is not a crack and I take you at your word--but you sent it back to me with the same blemish--a blemish that was created while you had control of the watch in a bailor-bailee relationship (this includes your choice of shipping materials). Also, now that I have the watch back, there is a guouge on the back of the case and the minute hand does not start to move until about 45 seconds after the seconds hand--it seems to keep OK time after that. This was a brand new watch. But I forgive you Mike (I do have a right to correct mistatements in your post though). I wish you could do the same.    

Last, the China parts thing. I do understand it takes a while to get parts from China sometimes. That is why after waiting 4 months for you to do it and repeatedly hearing that suppliers would not return your emails, I did it myself. I did it in a total of about 5 minutes (a few emails in the space of about 2 hours), and Andrew from TrustyTime agreed to send me a seconds hand for free. I have no experience sourcing parts. You can't ignore this stuff Mike. Its a big part of the story. And I sent it to you without even a hint of annoyance--I just said here is the seconds hand and thanked you.

But please forgive me Mike. I'm sorry I couldn't wait more than 6 months. I'm sorry I threatened to sue you when you stopped communicating and threatened to send the watches back in whatever condition they were in (a threat you followed through on as I received a bag of parts for one watch). I'm sorry I made this public. I'm sorry Mike. Surely, after this 6 month ordeal there must be at least something you are sorry about. I'm telling you Mike, it is freeing to admit mistakes and apologize. Also, you are free to publish our emails as long as it is all of them.

But I agree with some of you--this is too much. I'm not going to check back on this thread so I don't feel the need to respond if Mike says mean things about me again. I agree with Mike in this one respect--on 2 occassions I briefly got angry with Mike and varied from my normal demeanor. In each case, my anger was at Mike's avoidance of responsibilty and not even the 6 month delay. If you look at the emails--it really was pretty mild but Mike took it hard. I apologized in each case privately as well. I work hard not to get angry and I failed here. . Anger never works. And I learned that I still have to work at this--so something very positive came out of this for me. I should never be more concerned with my property than other people's feelings. I am disappointed with myself in that regard. But good luck Mike.

I should add that I didn't threaten legal action until last week after you failed to communicate with me for over a week 

Initially, about 2 months ago I mentioned that my sister is a lawyer in Chicago because you didn't seem to understand the law of bailments and how it applies to you...I told you I was a lawyer also so you would believe me. As I told you, I quit many years ago and became a Registered Nurse because I didn't like conflict--

You made threats? You left threatening and harassing phone messages at the guy's home? Add in the inconsistencies in this post and the others, and the picture becomes quite clear to me.  

• Like 2

@finn please let me understand this: You say you were a lawyer, your sister is a lawyer, you are threatening Mike, calling him home and talk about bailor-bailee relationship after all? Are we still talking about reps right? Sorry man, but i am attorney and I would never step in front of the judge as a plaintiff and start with "Honourable Mr./Mrs. Justice XY, few months ago I sent defendant few of my replica watches...". You must be joking. After this sentence the judge would look at me like "Da hell?" and i am pretty sure he would kill me immediately :D Moreover after reading your posts and shouts in higly rude tone the picture becomes quite clear to me as well. Btw. great fist three posts here. Welcome to the forums. You will be my favourite poster.