When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Back on track :D

Finally I'm back on track :D

I always loved to take pictures (not to call it photography)...I started 1979 with an Agfamatic 4000 which I got from my parents, switched to an Olympus Superzoom somewhere in the 80s and got my first SLR, a Canon EOS 500, in 1994.

With that Canon I took a lot of pictures, did a lot of "experiments" and spent a lot of money for getting 30 crap pictures out of a 36 picture film :D

But taking the pictures has always been a lot of fun and some where good enough to keep'em :)

2001...Digital Photography caught my attention and I sold my Canon to be able to buy an Olympus C-2500 L...what a Camera!!

Build in zoom from 36-110mm, 2.5 Megapixel, look and feel of a real SLR and able to take a 500MB CF minidrive :D

Great...but...one day in 2003 I saw the pictures from my dad in law and was flashed.

Clear, nice and 4MP...35-140mm plus 3.6x digital zoom...and all that with a camera half the size of mine...I got to have it :wub:

And finally I got it...back to Canon, a Canon G3...I really loved that camera...so much that I bought the G5 once it was on the market somewhere in 2004 :D

I did thousands of pictures with it and didn't thought about the need to have any other camera ever...but then my first kid, my daughter started to walk :cryss: ...no way to get a good picture with the Canon...she was always out of focus once the camera was ready to make its picture...I need to have a DSLR!!

So in 2005 I bought a Minolta D7D since my wife had a lot of Konica/Minolta stuff (flash and lenses).

The Minolta has been fast enough to catch my daughter making her first steps and I had a lot of stuff to play with (50mm 1.2 static lense, 70-300 makro zoom, 28-200 travelzoom, 17-70 2.8-4 and some filters)...

In 2010 my wife asked for a camera that is easier to handle and since we had all the Minolta stuff I sold the D7D and bought a Sony alpha 500. The was the best decision ever...I still was able to play around while she put the camera on auto with the 17-70 and took the pix her way :D

Unfortunately that wasn't easy enough for my lovely wife and since the Sony had a defect I tried to find something easier but equal...worst decision ever made :(

Never trust any review on the internet....I bought a Fujifilm Finepix HS30EXR just because of the nice reviews floating around and had been totally disappointed :(

I was back in taking pictures and worse ones too...the experience was pretty bad for both of us and so the camera was just lying around...

Then...about two weeks ago dutchguy2 told me about his new toy. He was so enthusiastic it lighted my fire too :D

So I bought a Sony alpha 500 again...to sad I sold all the minolta stuff...something I remembered after I bought the Sony...all that was left is the 28-200 travelzoom and some filters...who cares :D

I again have a very nice camera and we're able to continue our "lost" hobby :D

And since this forum is about photography (or Krootofazie like my little one (3y) is calling it :D ) I'd like to show you some of my all time favourite (all done by myself with available light, no photoshop!!)

img_197699p0.jpg

img_21111agb.jpg

pict81536rfm.jpg

pict81682pka.jpg

dsc0036984gf.jpg

dsc00466s3gz.jpg

dsc00862c0of.jpg

dsc00920g09h.jpg
That's me sitting "on" the water and my middle one (have three kids) in front :D

dsc01219n40t.jpg

dsc00989x009.jpg

dsc0101733ij.jpg

dsc01178306c.jpg

dsc01179z4an.jpg

dsc01541740d.jpg

dsc01338o4df.jpg

dsc01344w1e5.jpg

dsc01365m266.jpg

Well...getting some nice pictures (about 200) and some really good ones (about 20) out of something around 2k pix (the usual amount of pictures I take during a 2 week holiday :D ) I won't call "having skills" but thanks anyway :partytime:

Well...I guess if that virus caught you once there is no way to get rid of it ...same as with watches :D

Here are three more of my all-time favourites...they aren't high qualitiy photographs but I love the mood they convey :) (all done in Julianadorp aan Zee, Netherlands)

dsc06996vskfp.jpg

dsc06862y2k4q.jpg

dsc07021rtk04.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...