When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Portuguese Chrono 3714 V3

van_damme1988

Love the ardoise dial, but like you all, the movement is the main concern. May I ask have many of you seen many Frankens or conceptas available for sale these days. Trying to hold out for one of those, but really have no idea how often they come up or how much they cost.

Does anybody have any examples?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately they don't come up for sale often....

Here are Mary and Rochest contact info: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=33021

And here are a few more pics of my new strap mounted to it ;)

GhdcaCE.jpg

gTaNWF6.jpg

KxRKX17.jpg

8ssN6J1.jpg

QvEP0yi.jpg

posaDSL.jpg

Thanks guys.

Here's hoping there will be one for sale soon

Cc:mirage, can I ask is that gen dial, the 4 looks slightly curved which is an improvement.

Just keen to see how the rep ardoise dial compares to gen. Welcome any other feedback. Thanks

Thank mirage, gorgeous watch. Wear it in good health!

What's your impression on the rep, I mean compared a gen? Is the AR any good. Looks great in the photos, as does the dial, hands and crown. But wanted your first hand opinion. Thanks!

Edited by Daryl80

The rep is definately a gorgeous watch.  Pictures do not even do justice to this gem.  This being said, the crystal's AR is probably the main downside of this watch.  The contrast between the hands, the markers and the dial is not optimal for reading time in low light condition.  I cant speak on the difference between gen and rep since I have never held a gen in my hands yet. :(

Pureti.me finally released photos of the newest version of the 3714, and it's AMAZING! Check the photo I included---the left is correct, the right is the incorrect staledated version. The manufacturers finally got the "4" right---now I'm just waiting for it to be released in black or ardoise. Hopefully the movement is less of a timebomb as well, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

post-45886-0-44985300-1392929981_thumb.j

Edited by spoonfedhatch

• 2 months later...

I'm new, just like so many and after the BK Sub C I just ordered this is the watch I wanted but having a movement that fails is unacceptable. So now I see the KW Bronzo coming and at least have that to look forward to. I dont give a Hoot what movement they use auto, mech, quartz just make it work for Gods Sake how hard can it really be. Maybe demand is not high enough...OH WELL.

In case it's interesting.

This old seconds-at-six IWC Portochrono died, as all old seconds at six watches do, and I tried to revive it with graphite powder under the seconds wheel (there's got to be a tutorial on how to do this here somewhere) and it sort of almost worked … until it just died again.

A year or three later, after it's been sitting in the back of my watch drawer, I got it out and put it (and the blue-handed one I have that was in the same condition) on my new watch winder and after a day, it was within a few seconds of bang on time. Both dead watches are running fine now apparently, and this one has been on my wrist for over a day. 

I don't know if leaving them alone for a stretch allowed the graphite to settle or something, but I have got two watches I thought were dead back in rotation.

Reposted from http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/169361-thursday-24042014-wristies/