When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Caddell Submariner x 2

tc670207

Very interesting look, the datewheel with inverted colors... Definitely caught me off guard with that!

I still think I prefer the traditional, white background/black font with cyclops look for 16610's... The dial needs the white date aperture to balance the dial methinks. The black background date is neat, but I feel the dial needs a little symmetry which the white date wheel helps achieve.

• Like 1

Very interesting look, the datewheel with inverted colors... Definitely caught me off guard with that!

I still think I prefer the traditional, white background/black font with cyclops look for 16610's... The dial needs the white date aperture to balance the dial methinks. The black background date is neat, but I feel the dial needs a little symmetry which the white date wheel helps achieve.

+1 :)

I concur, R. :)

However, if i were to really choose something different other than the classic, I'd go for the non-cyclop white-on-black dw. ;)

Oh my! That date wheel is very cool. I can see a fantasy blackout submariner in the works. Day-Black super lume on dial and hands and no cyclops with double AR crystal and blackened pearl.

I do concur with the white date disc being traditional and suiting the look, specially when trying to get "that look". Talk to us about these date discs and possibly some sterile super lumed dials Thomas. :)

TC you rock!

Don't get me wrong... The black background datewheel is very cool... Very, very neat change to the traditional look. But with that kind of change in aesthetic (it's not a subtle mod), I'd expect some other alterations to go with it to really change up the watch from the traditional Sub... Maybe a different color seconds hand and blacked out frames for the markers, etc? Or maybe a custom insert?