When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem with a TD

gmtlover

Wow never tought I had to start a topic on a problem with a TD. I've had only good experiences and good contact with this TD but since my latest delivery has gone bad he doesn't live up to the status he had achieved with me.

On my latest order I received a watch with a stuck rotor. I first opened the watch myself to have a look and see if I could fix this myself. Since this is a rep we are dealing with I will never expect a perfect watch. Only one that will work, even if some repair might be necessary first.

Well this watch is an Omega 50 Ann James Bond rep. Is has the gunbarrel rearcover with a little see through glass in de middle. There you can see the back of the bullet.

This bullet is glued onto a decoration part and that part is glued onto the rotor. Because of this the height of the whole thing is to high and gets stuck. This as a result makes that the watch won't auto wind.

I asked the TD for a solution, what is best, easiest for him. He said well a new rotor would probably be the easiest solution to solve this problem. I agreed and was happy with this solution.

Then of course came the waiting and waiting and waiting. Since this is not my first watch I know that waiting is part of this game. But 2 months just to send a simple rotor should be enough.

Ok so it takes longer, then just please reply to my mail and tell me A: it will take longer but I will take care of it. B: I can't arrange it or C: [censored] off I am not going to solve this.

I am happy with all above answers but letting me in the cold won't.

I have always been positive to all other members here about this TD and the last year have always advised them to do business with this TD. But unfortunately not anymore.

I would like to get feedback from other members on this problem. Am I being unreasonable? Please tell me I am open for critique. I won't tell the name of this TD since this only affects me and he is not trying to scam people. It's just his service that didn't meet my standards that I had of him because of our previous deal and communication during the months before my last purchase.

Why not remove the remove the rotor itself, then remove the glued on bullet area that is stuck down onto the rotor, then carefully file down the offending parts a half mm or so then re-glue? Should be a piece of cake :)

You make not even need to file anything down if the factory just used too much glue in the first place.....

If the "bullet" is glued onto another decorative piece which is in turn glued to the rotor, as you cannot see the "middle" decorated piece through the case back, why not just ditch it and have the bullet decoration glued to the rotor?

Should give you enough room for it to work and still look fine through the little case back window.

• 2 weeks later...

Sending a watch back to China is always your last resort. You are dealing with an unreliable postal system and dealers that are Chinese natives with American names who get hundreds of emails a day. That is just asking for trouble. Especially when it is a silly little thing as a rotor decoration. Just my 0.002.