When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Pam 212 Flyback Chrono 2nd Pam

Nightwatch

Hi to everybody. Thx for checking out this. This Panerai 212 Flyback Chrono arrived and I am really impressed. Decided to go with the 1950´s case and I must say I really love it. C3 Superluminova applied on markers and needles just gives light. You can easily read the time on this 44mm case from 4 meters away at night.  The lume reflections and distortions on the case when looking from different angles (see pics) make it a really beautiful and interesting to look at watch, maybe that's it was it is about Panerais, simple and sophisticated all at the same time.

Overall build quality in my opinion first class, strap exchange really easy.

Chrono works perfect, it doesn´t matter at all that it does not have the flyback function on button at 4 o´clock (on the real deal resets to zero and immediately starts chronographing again). In my real-life situations I just need a stopwatch.

Weighs in at 144 grams, its a joy to wear, fits perfect its not a huge watch as I almost thought from reading too much on it. The transparent caseback is beautiful, this is the NY model from Trusty which has the OPXVIII movement engraved (instead of OPXIX) but in the end those letters are so small You really do not see it except on close inspection which doesn´t matter as by the reviews the movement is not correct anyways.

For other newbies like me I would just say if You like the looks of a watch and the movement is ok (in this case an Asian 7750 at 28.800 bhp, really happy with it) just go for it, felt myself worrying way too much before it arrived - its my first no date model in Years but I will wear this one a lot.

The seconds dial at 9 runs flawlessly smooth and transmits calm, same goes for the seconds hand when the chrono is on. At 3 o´clock the minute counter of the stopwatch optically counterbalances the seconds counter which gives this am a totally equilibrated look, I like it.

Some first pics taken in a hurry, enjoy.

post-57433-0-40852300-1383117250_thumb.j

post-57433-0-84873800-1383117251_thumb.j

post-57433-0-99566200-1383117252_thumb.j

post-57433-0-30546200-1383117260_thumb.j

post-57433-0-64799000-1383117271_thumb.j

post-57433-0-57466000-1383117272_thumb.j

post-57433-0-08402700-1383117274_thumb.j

This is the Panerai 212 Luminor Flyback Chrono. Bought this model at Trusty (TT) from Andrew. Chose the more expensive NY Model because it was the one with a PAM Clasp and only on the QC pics saw it is also the only one which has OP XVIII engraved instead of OP XIX on the movement in the caseback. The other 212s figure the OPXIX. The watch feels great and because of the smooth glass You can even slide it under Your shirt sleeves. Lume is fantastic on it. Found out I prefer to move the sidelever UP like on this, instead of DOWN as with most Pams. No issues with this new version of synthetic sapphire, very good AR, no tint at all. TT have an expensive option for true saphire. Wearing this or a ceramic 166610 for the time being. :)

VERY NICE, - I have one myself, and love it  ;)

I think this is one of the best looking (rep.) Panerai's available right now ... 

Sporty and cool at the same time, - and great detail overall on the watch.

• 3 years later...