When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MD2020: Deal at your own risk

Legend

You gotta wonder why the skin is 5 times the size of the head :D

I know elephants have wrinkly skin so it holds moisture in the wrinkles and keeps them cooler for longer, but a dogs face?

I know elephants have wrinkly skin so it holds moisture in the wrinkles and keeps them cooler for longer, but a dogs face?

You have to remember that every dog today was created by a person or group. There's no such thing as a natural dog. Cavemen bred wolves and they became every kind of dog that exists.

The wrinkles could just be an attractive decoration that the original breeder wanted. I'm sure that Wikipedia could tell more.

Even though I did not lose anything in the fraud. I feel for you guys that did. However, I don't think anything will ever happen to md 2020. Even with the amount of valuables being in excess of $25,000, It will probably be up to each guy to file a civil suit for their stuff. Sometimes it's just not worth the effort. We really do "live and learn"  Im also convienced that what goes around, comes around, is not always the case Good luck to all you guys involved.

• Like 1

I have one of these at home. His name is Brutus. The wrinkles on the face allow for the flow of blood to be away from the eyes in battle. These dogs were impressive battle animals. Imagine the average man being 5'5" at the time and maybe 135lbs. These mastiffs can go to an average of 165-170.

Of course every breed is different and you can control the wrinkles and the volume of wrinkles with breeding. Take a look at this picture and see the same dog from a couple of millennia ago. Photo courtesy of the internet.

ta5asagu.jpg

• Like 1

I'm more of a cat person than a dog person.

I know selective breeding in dogs has happened for centuries and IIRC it's only recently it's been done for non-work dog purposes (for want of a better phrase!), maybe for vanities purposes is a better way of describing it.

I totally don't agree with that. Dogs that have historically been selectively bred for improved guard dogs, fighting fogs, sheep dogs, rescue dogs even, that's fine but when you end up with dogs that can't breathe properly, or have problems with their health, just so the breed looks "pretty", nah, shouldn't happen.

Not saying any dogs picture in here are like that, by the way, just waffling on as I am prone to do :)

• 1 month later...

+1 "Karma is a real thing"

Someday he'll rip off the wrong guy and regret it. The irony is that most of the folks at RWG are gentlemen; now that he can no longer trade (at least not with the 19,000 people who have apparently viewed this post) he's stuck trading with the rest of the planet. There are plenty of folks in the darker corners of the rep world who don't worry about paypal dispute when they want to even the score.

Also, he's probably a bit of creep and there is a good chance some lovely young lady will google his name when he asks for her phone number.

Sorry no names to be published on the forum thanks. Ken

Either way, it's a damn shame this happened and my heart goes out to the folks that got scammed by this jerk. Banning is too good for him.

• 3 months later...