When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got the luck to try on two pieces of ROO Diver carbon respectively from noob and h factory

Chrononna

With no doubt, offshore, afterward release of Royal Oak, has been the most popular collection in Audemars Piguet's lineup. Especially, the new introduction of AP ROO diver carbon, which on basis of ROO diver and build it into the carbon version, furthermore, adding some younger color to spice things up like yellow in its minute hand and first 15 minutes depicted as well, which I see it has been a clever move up since turned out many seasoned AP fans quite enjoy this change. Maybe not just about the color mix, but also some enhancements too, the black scratch-resistant ceramic bezel for instance, which has made a good combo with the mega tapisserie dial. Therefore, no wonder the replica market for this watch is boiled. Many different factories try to imitate the essence of it. However, I, luckily enough, to try the on most reputable factory in replica market (noob and h factory)'s work of this piece though in different time period, so not capable to offer side by side pics for comparison, simply pics of them alone are available, don't mind, huh?

First pic is noob's, then comes the h factory's. (in case of confusion, the same with rest, first pic always comes the noob, and then the h factory)

noobrightside_zps39029124.jpg

hrightside_zpsde67ca73.jpg

Obviously, better craftsmanship to the case at first pic, second show slightly flaw close to crown, moreover, the crowns, have you seen that, edge of h factory is sharper, while noob has done some treatments and make it look more rich and smooth. Fonts of "AP" also show subtle difference, noob engraved with a smaller fonts than h factory, which is more gen like. Crown of noob is loose, much easier to operate, however, if you wanna screw-down the crown of h factory, you have to use some strength, pusher at 10 o'clock also the same. Others of the case are pretty much the same too, almost no difference at all.

Now, let take a look at the mega tapisserie dial, the straightest place to throw our attention to on a watch. Not hard to find out that the protuberances on dial of noob factory is more stereoscopic, meticulous and also more concentrated, very legible and neat, more gen like feel.

noobfront_zps1d066df0.jpg

hfront_zpsc1ac40e4.jpg

Two models are superlume, almost same effect, very clear even steps away back. The lume maybe be seen difference via the pic I presented, which are caused by my shoot technology, in fact, they are almost the same lume effect.

noblume_zps618727d1.jpg

hlume_zpsa8241007.jpg

Though h factory claims that its rubber being the strap that never going to be broken, but I would prefer the noob rubber, it's quite comfort in wearing, in the meanwhile, fitted a titanium tang buckle with AP logo engraved.

noobrubber2_zps0d9d716d.jpg

hrubber2_zpsd43cbd49.jpg

Another worthy mention is that the case back, here I think it's necessary to post pic along with a gen one. Order respectively comes noob, h and gen…

noobcase_zps9df341df.jpg   

hcaseback_zps2cd80cfc.jpg

gencaseback_zps6dd0f535.jpg

Clear enough, huh? Noob factory also did a great job on this, its caseback close to gen, with gen-like screws, octagonal shape and solid mark of "Rotal Oak Offshore" though a little bit too much, whereas, marks of h factory simply flat.

Beside that, both models are adopted ETA 2824 movement, and h factory claims that its watch is 300m water resistant…anyone has proven that yet?

Nonetheless, this model made by h factory almost $100 cheap than noob's, but as above saying, also existing some shortfalls, it all depends on personal options.

Finally, since this post is done as a quickie, also no expert myself, all views are from my personal feelings, so any commentary or advice are welcomed.

Thanks for reading.

Thank you for the wonderful comparisons!

Yes I understand that the Noob diver is subtly better than the H. 

Having said that, besides price, is the H version better in any way?

Thanks once again!

P.S. Folex are you reading this? :D

Thanks once again!

haha, my pleasure... two strengths about the H as i mentioned above, one is the rubber (can never be worn out claimed by h), second is water resistance(300m)...but never test that...

haha, my pleasure... two strengths about the H as i mentioned above, one is the rubber (can never be worn out claimed by h), second is water resistance(300m)...but never test that...

Thank you, I read your comment regarding the strap, but I read it as an "H factory claim".. likewise, for the 300m water resistance..

I would not dare to test it if I do own a version H! :D

haha, yeah, since h is so confident with these two aspects, at least it won't be too bad for sure... :g:

tempted to buy one just to test the water resistance!

What I need is a yacht and plenty of champagne, a beautiful sunny day out on the pacific ocean, some hot bikini chicks, plenty of good food on the yacht, and oh yes, a H factory diver and a 300m fishing line tied to it :lol:  :partytime:

tempted to buy one just to test the water resistance!

What I need is a yacht and plenty of champagne, a beautiful sunny day out on the pacific ocean, some hot bikini chicks, plenty of good food on the yacht, and oh yes, a H factory diver and a 300m fishing line tied to it :lol:  :partytime:

lol..great, i bet plenty of members like me are quite looking forward to seeing the great achivements you done for this fourm...lol... :clap2:

lol..great, i bet plenty of members like me are quite looking forward to seeing the great achivements you done for this fourm...lol... :clap2:

be honest with me, would you see the bikini gals or the watch being the primary interest?  :partytime:

I think that is the one that Trusty is carrying. I am having myself the difficult decision to go for one of them.

I rather tend to the noob/cheaper one, but I have heard that it has a lot of movement difficulties and the exchange isnt easy after all. Furthermore over at the geeks they vote more for the h-fac

....i am so confused :bangin:

+1

I don't think its Noob factory, but the "other" factory pumping out the V5/X-factor divers.

You guys are really perspicacious, I just checked and did some reseaches for sure, it's actually from "other factory", a new raising replica watch factory named Z factory, but also with very great quality as noob's, so i take it as "noob" for granted...but these strengths and weaknesses do in exsitence..., just replace the factory name automatically while reading :)

Thanks mates!!!

I think that is the one that Trusty is carrying. I am having myself the difficult decision to go for one of them.

I rather tend to the noob/cheaper one, but I have heard that it has a lot of movement difficulties and the exchange isnt easy after all. Furthermore over at the geeks they vote more for the h-fac

two pieces are both used a2824 movement, whereas h applies Shanghai 2824, the another factory couples with Tianjin movement with better quality, like polishing or something alike (which is also the movement that used in Seagull watches).

guess you have already read many reviews or comparison, the strengths and shortfalls somehow must have an overall understanding...so the choice is all about personal preference. ;)

Thanks for the review!

Is the Z factory one from Trusty?

Also I found some FC got a problem of Hex screws are a fractionally smaller then the Hex holes on bezel, which somehow caused mis-alignment. Do you see that in Z?

actually both of the two watches are not mine, just on loan to me by a local watch dealer in my place...

did not notice the mis-alignment issue...the hex screws are well setted and looks great. :partytime:

I agree that you're confuded ;) ,

Trusty carries the H and cheaper.....I don't know who sells the N??? Angus #Puretime has the Version 3 and I wonder if that is the N version koz it's more expensive. If someone could shed light on this, I would appreciate it,

I'm ready to jump the GUN!

I agree that you're confuded ;) ,

Trusty carries the H and cheaper.....I don't know who sells the N??? Angus #Puretime has the Version 3 and I wonder if that is the N version koz it's more expensive. If someone could shed light on this, I would appreciate it,

I'm ready to jump the GUN!

actually, it's the ZF, a new raising replica watch factory, guess you guys will intermittently see its replicas more since recently...

it's more expensive than h due to build with better quality and craftsmanship as i mentioned in the post...and somehow applied the Tianjin 2824 movement...

actually, it's the ZF, a new raising replica watch factory, guess you guys will intermittently see its replicas more since recently...

it's more expensive than h due to build with better quality and craftsmanship as i mentioned in the post...and somehow applied the Tianjin 2824 movement...

Very nice photo review. I'm a long time member here, but I pretty much stick to Rolex watches, however this AP FC diver really is interesting and I am going to get one, but I want to get the most reliable, and "Anatomically correct" model. I've looked at both the H-factory from trusty, and the V3 from Puretime, which I would assume from your description is from the ZF factory. Considering that the two are priced about 130.00 USD difference, with the V3 being the most expensive. After looking at both, is it worth the difference in price? Another concern that I have is after looking at this watch and doing a fair amount of reading on here and repgeek, it seems like a fair number of these are arriving DOA. Any reason for this that you know of? I'm wondering if trying to stuff an A2824 into the case is compromising the movement?

Very nice photo review. I'm a long time member here, but I pretty much stick to Rolex watches, however this AP FC diver really is interesting and I am going to get one, but I want to get the most reliable, and "Anatomically correct" model. I've looked at both the H-factory from trusty, and the V3 from Puretime, which I would assume from your description is from the ZF factory. Considering that the two are priced about 130.00 USD difference, with the V3 being the most expensive. After looking at both, is it worth the difference in price? Another concern that I have is after looking at this watch and doing a fair amount of reading on here and repgeek, it seems like a fair number of these are arriving DOA. Any reason for this that you know of? I'm wondering if trying to stuff an A2824 into the case is compromising the movement?

considering this thread may show a little help for your situation: http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=148129&highlight=Royal+Offshore+diver+forged+carbon

personally, I prefer the v3, its quality is really top notch...also another reason that if you are not having any work of zf, it's worthy of trying one, which somehow maybe considered as a vane among its future works...

as for movement, Tianjin 2824 can be called the best version in all a2824, so it's fairly acceptable... but swapping out with a eta 2824 or even 2846 movement also a way to go if condition allows...(asking for td this watch with eta 2824 movement maybe triple the price)  :)

Thanks once again!

+1 Thanks for the comparison.

P.S Amazing how you are psychic Mr.A, hehe. :D