When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New tent!

After reading the "damn you, reflections" and strongly agreeing as they're a complete pain in the ...! I decided to get some small daylight lights for my little light box tent thingy.

Browsing round eBay and reading up a bit they recommended having lights for all three sides and the top. I could find pairs of lights onna tripod, pairs of lights onna tripod & fully enclosed tent for not much more. Lots of different types of lights, a few LED ones (and I know cheap LED lights are bad for photography).

So in the end I decided to get a 90cm tent & two lights plus another two lights for the back and top.

Delivered yesterday and unpacked and put together last night.

I think I may have made a mistake judging the sizes :)

The bulbs alone are 10cm dia by 25cm long. I can camp inside the tent it's that big!! (Well, almost, it looks a heck of a lot bigger than 90cm square!)

So the plan of where I was going to keep it has been thrown out the window, and I've decided to convert one of the spare bedrooms into a photo studio. Just need to find a 1.5m x 2.5m solid table to put this lot on!

Each light is 135W, 5500k daylight, and they're damn bright and a very nice light. The daily watch pic of the Rodina was taken using the light from one and it bought out the correct colours nicely.

• 4 weeks later...

I did have some pictures of it all set up on my phone but can't find them anywhere now.

I think I've just discovered the down side of synching all your pictures to your phone and then trying to find a couple amongst 15000!