When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Steinhart

Mike on a bike

I ordered it by the way!

146267679O1Vintage_01.jpg

Link: http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/OCEAN-one-vintage,817.html

1219732040stein_start_12-13.jpg

Movement:

STEINHART is a continuously growing brand in a steadily expanding market. Therefore we have been working for some time to make ourselves increasingly self-sufficient. A very important step in this direction is the development of our own watch movements, and now we have, with the help of our Swiss partners, succeeded in introducing a new automatic caliber to the market, the STEINHART ST.5.
The ST.5 proudly and fittingly bears the SWISS MADE stamp, as its individual components are made by Swiss companies boasting long experience in the production of movement components. This is a big step forward for the young STEINHART brand, which we proudly highlight with the caliber unique decoration, composed of anthracite galvanized, engraved bridges and the subtly skeletonized gilt rotor. By early 2014 our ST.5 will already be in action, performing its duties in a new STEINHART wristwatch and demonstrating its accuracy and reliability in everyday use.

Specification:

• Automatic caliber ST.5 11 1/2''
  • Hour, minute and central second
  • Date display with quickset function
  • Hacking second
  • Anthracite galvanized bridges in cube-design
  • 28,800 vibrations per hour
  • 25 jewels
  • Shock protection with geometrically shaped, rotating spring
  • Decorated, skeletonized gilt rotor

you want pics go here http://www.steinhart...inhart-st5.html

OOOOOOOOH thats a beauty Mike!!!

I have been drooling over this Steinhart for a while :) When I win the lottery I am gonna get one of each :D

post-21269-0-55517000-1386355617_thumb.j

post-21269-0-08628800-1386355618_thumb.j

I'm really fond of my Ocean Black, could not find a better watch for that price. I do think their popularity is giving them issues.

Some watches have a very long waiting list and qc on my latest watch was very lacking. Was an Aviation Vintage that arrived with scratches in the DLC and a broken crown. Customer service is top notch though, received a refund very quickly.

Been looking at that one this morning Mike, nice pick up mate ;) you know my views on Steinhart Mike, I have a few and love em !

Hey when you get bored with it you know here I am mate, first dibs please :inverted:  

Very sweet...and very tasty...always liked these :)

I like the homaging to so many brands and styles...just above you can see PAMs and Rollie etc...

Nice catch mate..look forward to seeing more...

Have you seen the new MKII Fulcrum? If not ahve a look mate :);)

OOOOOOOOH thats a beauty Mike!!!

I have been drooling over this Steinhart for a while :) When I win the lottery I am gonna get one of each :D

What about the one with the green dial? I like Steinhart myself....crazy prices...I mean,,there 47mm bronze handwind pilot with a very nice 6497 (even the pallet bridge is decorated) is going for about 500 (usd)...You can't touch anything used for that....However,,,,they do seem to be getting too big for themselves...poor quality control has been coming up here and there...So,,I hope they can keep up.

Great looking watch.

I always laugh when I see companies stamping a 2824 movement with some decorations as their own caliber....I wonder which company makes them. No stampings underneath the bridge and the shock absorber seems Asian..... Also the line "individual parts are made by Swiss Companies" strikes me as odd. I wish I had the time to do some more research whether this isn't just a Seagull or Hangzhou movement which had its "individual parts" finished by Swiss companies 8)

I can't see how companies like Steinhart are really using 100% swiss movements...just the movements along would cost most of the price of the watch....There has to be something we are missing...don't get me wrong...I might pick up the bronze pilot myself...like rolexman said...I wonder if these movements are swiss and Asian mixed?

I can't see how companies like Steinhart are really using 100% swiss movements...just the movements along would cost most of the price of the watch....There has to be something we are missing...don't get me wrong...I might pick up the bronze pilot myself...like rolexman said...I wonder if these movements are swiss and Asian mixed?

I can't see why they wouldn't. Hamilton for example sells watches with gen ETA's at a similar price point. And yes, I know Hamilton is Swatch but I assume their purchasing price for the movements would be the same.

387 EU is not too bad all considering. I have about that much on the Big crown Tudor I am working on and then some and the watch is still not finished. They claim 300m water resistance on this vintage one. Will be hard to prove but the watch looks tasty. For the money, this can easily be a daily wearing watch that commands elegance and knowledge of vintage pieces. Just saying ;)

Great pick up for sure Mike.

Ah yes 300 meters well if I can jump in  pool hit the beach all good for me, anyway I have dedicated divers for that this one is for it's looks.

Exactly!  The domed sapphire with AR is definitely a nice touch. The case reminds of the those Aqualung watches from decades ago. Overall really nice piece. 

E