When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aviator Professional Chrono

fraggle42

I spotted this a few weeks ago whilst browsing through old Basel threads on WUS.

The looks really struck a chord in me, I've always liked PVD watches and had about 4 or 5, this one seemed to cover nearly all the bases that the others had covered individually so seemed ideal.

Prices were procured and with the help of a very kind gentleman of these forums an order was placed.

I spotted a very tiny discrepancy between the model code in their PDF catalog and on their order form and they were happy it had been spotted and said they'd throw in a couple of free gifts, a hat and a pair of Aviator glasses!

It arrived yesterday and after wresting the parcel out of the neighbours hands and opening it I unpacked everything, laughed, and put the watch on.

ETA 7750 movement with day and date, oversized chrono pushers, non-screw down crown, waterproof to 100M, comes complete with bracelet and black leather strap and changing tool, AR on the inside of the flat sapphire crystal.

I like it, and I hope the photos give you an idea of the watch.

Nice presentation case containing the watch, instruction manual, warranty card, bracelet changing tool, bracelet and black leather strap.

post-50255-0-69731800-1387574279_thumb.j

post-50255-0-22264700-1387574280_thumb.j

post-50255-0-72868300-1387574280_thumb.j

Watch getting too close to my supper, watch it!!!

post-50255-0-30431000-1387574281_thumb.j

Lume shot - virtually all white printing on the dial has been done in lume. This produces a very nice effect as you can see. The lume isn't all that bright, but i think it is elegantly done

post-50255-0-69713800-1387574281_thumb.j

And lastly the watch along with the free goodies, the hat and what I had thought were a pair of Aviator sunglasses... (someone has already nicknamed me Biggles!)

post-50255-0-27223900-1387574282_thumb.j

There are a couple of very minor flaws, the chrono second hand is slightly off to the left, and looking *very* carefully with the light just so you can see a few very small scratches on the end of the minute hand - the last flaw is very hard to see, I've had a couple of close looks at it today and couldn't see them, the light really does need to be in just the right place to catch them. For me neither flaw detracts from the watch.

Considering it from a practical point of view, the decision to lume the 6 and 12 subdials and not lume the hands is a bit odd, but do we really buy these to be practical? I may email Aviator and ask them if the sub dial hands are supposed to be unlumed, as taking everything else into account it does seem a bit odd.

Some may consider the dial a bit "busy" but to me the chunkiness of the 2/4/8/10 numbers diminishes the busy look of the dial and it has a lovely symmetrical balance to it.

Overall I am very happy with it.

Cheers,

Richard

Thanks Andy, and many thanks for you help.

The hat and goggles will definitely get a run out sometime on one of these crisp, cold mornings in my Boxster S! The obvious question is should they be paired with some Wagner on the stereo? :D

i envy you for having such a beautifull watch, i did some research and ended up with this

#1 i can't find one for sale

#2 if i were to find one for sale.. it retails around 1200-2000$ too much for my broke ass :p

Very nice to see tho! one of my favorite watches up till today

And +1 for the aviator helmet and glasses! soo epic!