When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The humble beginnings of a PreV build...

marlin22

There seems to be some interest on PreV builds now a days with Rolli's new dials so, I have decided to take on a couple of PreV builds on. I have been putting in some time on PreV engravings on the movement. I know they are closed case watches, but I have been told by several members who want the movement to match the watch even if it is not seen. Below is the prototype engravings, the text spacing is way off the letters are too close to each other. I have already adjusted the spacing for the next test and it seems the position is not that off, and the text size is also needs some minor adjustments. The CDG is not running in the right direction on these bridges and the engravings are not as crisp, but that won't be the case on the final movement. Remember this is just the first of many before it is ready for prime time....

Here is the gen for reference
54bmtx_zps81a3e409.jpg

The movement will be a fully modded all Asian movement with proper ETA markings
PreV_3_zpsad1f31c8.jpg

You can see the letters are just bunched up, unexceptionable! That said the fonts are correct and the positioning and size are about right, might need minor tweaking on the size of the "ADJUSTED FOUR POSITION 3126" I feel they need to be a little bigger.
PreV_2_zps409c2a46.jpg
PreV_1_zps41b07667.jpg

Thanks for looking and more to come, and as always feedback is welcomed..........

And a PS to my friend WoLF it is going to be a 036, I'll be working on the case very soon, FINALLY :-)............
Edited by marlin22

i also give a try to engraved on asian 6497...

31481e30-448c-407a-85be-e850165c9128_zps

but the letters seems not thin as the reference pic of the gen :g:

They look great to me!  :good:

I am now working on the 036 case engravings much harder due to all the angles of the case.

Edited by marlin22