When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

rate the last movie you've seen!

whoever

I'll start, just watched it and can say that besides full metal jacket this was the best Vietnam movie I've seen!

"Rescue dawn" dir. Werner Herzog 2006

Pretty much beautiful and so god damn well played by Christian Bale and others!

True story of an air force pilote gunned down over Laos and emprisonned by the north vietnamese.

Run and watch it!

Man of Tai Chi, filmed in Beijing and Hong Kong, and directed in his first time behind the camera, Keanu Reeves. It is a surprisingly well done film with numerous great fight scenes. Done with much style and flair. this film is violent, but not gory or bloody. I just watched it on Netflix, and give it 4 stars. Excellent martial arts flic.

• 1 month later...

The missus dragged me into the theater to watch the "Lego Movie."

To be honest, it had it's funny moments, and the CG is impressive with what they did with Legos, but I don't get the "97%" positive reviews on my movie app.

I'm sure if you are are really into Legos this might really be your cup of tea, but not for me.

6/10

I just saw Robert Redford's powerhouse performance in All is Lost. One old man stranded 1700 miles from shore in a sailboat. A man vs nature, man vs himself story. Reminded me of that Tom Hanks film Castaway. Redford was very believable, and really conveyed many complex emotions without any dialogue. The direction and production was excellent. It's been nominated so it might get an Oscar this weekend.

Two thumbs up. 8.5/10

TRAILER http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2017038/

Rarely go to an actual theater anymore. My last journey was for Star Trek Into Darkness. Must say I have enjoyed both of the 'reboots' and the way they have slightly morphed the timelines of the original series. I'm sure purists will hate them, but I thought both were well done. Both have a spot in the top 5 of all Star Trek films, with Into Darkness being the better of the two.

As far a rating versus everything else that's been produced in the history of film, I'd give Into Darkness an 7/10. Probably skewed slightly higher than it should be because of my loving the franchise.

• 5 weeks later...

new Captain America, fairly solid film actually. Solid 8/10

Decent choreography really helped it out, was just the same stuff seen in Avengers.

Couldn't say the same for IronMan3, which while i didnt mind in the cinema, coming out just had no love for it.

Felt like watching power rangers by the end of it!

• 2 months later...

I just went with the wife this weekend. She saw Jersey Boys and I saw Tom Cruise, Edge of Tomorrow. Great special effects but I felt like I was playing Doom again, stuck on the same level over and over. The whole premise was pretty lame and it was just about the same as most video games. Keep going back and killing the same aliens over and over till you get the head alien, then game over.

I saw the first 15 minutes of Jersey Boys and wish I'd just have stayed and watched that instead. She love it.

The last movie I saw was Lone Survivor. Great movie!

Marcus Luttrell and his team set out on a mission to capture or kill notorious Taliban leader Ahmad Shah, in late June 2005. Marcus and his team are left to fight for their lives in one of the most valiant efforts of modern warfare.

• 2 months later...