When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iphone 5S or Galaxy Note 3.

Jordanf1

Guys

im a quandry,  i wanted a largewr screen etc and the galaxy S4 was in for about 2 weeks for me,  i came across the Note 3 and think its glorious.  So what do some of you think,  anyone think the NOte 3 is too big ?

im still using the 5S now until i decide.

one think i noticed was far too many spelling mistakes with the Galaxy S4. i found the keyboard either 2 sensitive or not the same as the 5S

thoughts appreciated.

Cheers

Darren

you can change keyboards on the android OS. right now im using swiftkey and enjoy it. its very customizable. you can adjust touch sensitivity

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey&hl=en

there is also touch pal, which features swipe text, my friend swears by it. maybe you'll come to prefer the swipe text over the conventional finger pecking

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cootek.smartinputv5&hl=en

these keyboard softwares also feature their own learning algorithms for typing errors with suggestions. i find accuracy to be quite impressive

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee
  • Like 1

I had a HTC Windows phone which is larger than the iPhone 5S, but the 5S is hands down the best phone on the market in terms of value and quality. The windows phones don't have their programs dialed in as well as Apple. You have to pay far more for every feature and the ease of use does not compare IMO. My only complaint of the 5S is that the screen could be bigger, but all of the other add ons make up for it. It is quite simply the best most cost effective smart phone on the market at this time Times change though.

I am about to change from iPhone to android and also love the Note 3. However........having looked at it a lot in the shops I've decided that it's just tooooo big. The S4 or LG G2 will be a welcome size increase over the iPhone and are still OK to slip in your jeans pocket.

i had an HTC 8X, thats a windows 8 phone. i found the hardware to be impressive, price:power incredible value as good as an S3 if not better. only problem was the apps were lacking severely. even the youtube app was non functioning. sold the windows 8 phone to an IT pro who only needs it for work and now im still sticking with my outdated S2 :D

Ive had the Note 2 for a year now, and coming from the iPhone, thought it was a bit big at first. After a week or so I was hooked. I could never go back to the regular size phone again. Reading emails, surfing forums etc, Is so much nicer. Of course, Watching a video on it is glorious. Get the 3 and smile!

• 2 months later...

Who told you that robertk? I saw a lot videos about new iPhone, but all are fake. Ofcourse, I expect that new iPhone will be bigger, but also I want other improvements, not just that.

Question iPhone 5s or Galaxy Note 3? Neither. There are better phones for that money currently.

Who told you that robertk? I saw a lot videos about new iPhone, but all are fake. Ofcourse, I expect that new iPhone will be bigger, but also I want other improvements, not just that.

Question iPhone 5s or Galaxy Note 3? Neither. There are better phones for that money currently.

It's all over the net. A 4,7" will be introduced in september with a 5,5" rumored to follow at a later date. I don't see solar charging making it. Most attention will probably go to the health options in partnership with the iWatch. The "Healthbook" app has already been spotted in early versions of iOS 8.

And hard to unlock? Apple set the benchmark on how to unlock phones, how can it be hard? It's even easier with the fingerprint unlock. Unless you have hands like a bear.

My friends in China are in the business. They are resellers in China. They have been told explicitly about the changes in the new iPhone. Hope this helps.

I'll bet that the new iPhone will have a bigger screen, but not as big as the stupidly oversized android phones.

However, I know for a fact there's a lot of [censored] going around the Chinese suppliers. The information is most definitely not coming from Apple; the Chinese are guessing again.

I'll bet that the new iPhone will have a bigger screen, but not as big as the stupidly oversized android phones.

However, I know for a fact there's a lot of [censored] going around the Chinese suppliers. The information is most definitely not coming from Apple; the Chinese are guessing again.

They're mostly not guessing, they make the phones and have so many employees that genuine leaks are unavoidable.

Why not trying something new?

I am using the BlackBerry Z30.

Before the Z30 I had the Note 3 for 5 month and I don't get happy with this phone. I don't like Android and the Note 3 was to big for me.

Before Note 3 I had the IPhone 5 but the screen is to small.

So I tried something new and bought a BlackBerry Z30 and now I am very happy with the phone.

The OS is really great and the screen has a perfect size for me (5").

And the best thing is that you can now use Android Apps at the BlackBerry with the new OS version .

So for me is it the best phone to use. and the keyboard is the best I ever had on a phone.

Gesendet von meinem Z30 mit Tapatalk

Edited by gregor_24

Yeah, apart from they are not yet tooling up for the iPhone 6. The design isn't even finalised yet.

Eh. http://www.macrumors.com/2014/04/15/iphone-6-mockups-electronics-fair/

The molds have been spotted as well. As with previous iphones, many of the leaks were spot on. I'm not expecting it to change much from the mockup.

Why not trying something new?

I am using the BlackBerry Z30.

Before the Z30 I had the Note 3 for 5 month and I don't get happy with this phone. I don't like Android and the Note 3 was to big for me.

Before Note 3 I had the IPhone 5 but the screen is to small.

So I tried something new and bought a BlackBerry Z30 and now I am very happy with the phone.

The OS is really great and the screen has a perfect size for me (5").

And the best thing is that you can now use Android Apps at the BlackBerry with the new OS version .

So for me is it the best phone to use. and the keyboard is the best I ever had on a phone.

Gesendet von meinem Z30 mit Tapatalk

Mate are you saying that alll android apps work on the BB platform ?