When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Navitimer 01 - First Impressions

hansmeier

A few days ago the new Navitimer 01 from Puretime arrived, so I want to share my first impressions of my new babe…

zDQBL9p.jpg

Specs (from Purtime website):

Size: 43mm x 14mm
Movement: Asian 7750 chronograph automatic movement
Functions: Hours, minutes, sub-seconds, date and chronograph
Case: Solid 316L stainless steel case
Crystal: Scratch-proof sapphire crystal with AR coating
Dial: Black dial
Bezel: Bi-directional rotating bezel
Strap: Stainless steel bracelet
Clasp: Flip lock clasp
Water resistance: Yes

Movement: unfortunatley it’s 21.600 vph (gen and former model: 28.800 vph). The sweep of the running secs could be a tad smoother, but I don’t think anyone can spot these from an arm distance away… The rotor is a bit noisy (as nearly always on the A7750), but it keeps good time, about +5 to +10 sec/day. The manual winding is a little stiff, so maybe the movement is a bit on the dry side and needs a proper lubrication - only a guess, I’m no watchsmith. ;)

Bezel:  It is tight and finally the slide rule is aligning! Great!!! :)
But… still it’s not real/pure/snow-white, it´s still a little off-white. Bezel teeth are nicely done, but I don’t have a gen to compare.

CEibcQX.jpg

YhFInUQ.jpg

Crystal: very clear with good AR (blue to purple hue). Great improvement compared to the predecessor! :clap:

QhymLax.jpg

EgxFlWb.jpg

2pulurX.jpg

Dial: well done, really well done! The hands and stick hour markers are sparkling in the light, very gen-like. :) :)
But… the subdials are still a bit too close to the tachy-ring, but that’s imho a minor flaw. Date window is nicely cut with a good bevel.

a3IPG4B.jpg

Date Wheel: Still sunken date – no surprise, this can not be resolved with an A7750 movement. Finally black with white numbers (so the “sunken date issue” is less noticable), and supposed to have the proper Breitling date font, but… I had bad luck (wasn’t quite sure from the QC-pics) and got one with the standard date font, but this should be an exception. Maybe Angus can help to solve this issue, will drop him a PM after CNY-holidays.

xh4Oo3S.jpg

55Sc3D7.jpg

Lume: definitely better than on the former model. Still no torch, but considering the small place where lume can be applied it’s really ok.

ltz2c0l.jpg

zQ6aFNM.jpg

Bracelet: hmmm, it’s… light. Very light. Feels similar to the bracelet of the former version, no improvement here. Visually, there is no complaint, just the feel… And of course you have to oil it for a smoother moving of the links, it was dry like a desert when I received her...

COC8uYK.jpg

4JagtAD.jpg

Clasp: solid, with a nice “click” when you’re snapping down to close the clasp. Raised Breitling-logo outside, nice engravings inside.

DX6Y53C.jpg

Overall:   She feels solid (case, bezel, clasp) and is looking awesome (dial, hands, hour markers)! There are great improvements compared to her predecessor in several ways, but there are still flaws and imperfections. If you’re a fan of the legendary Navitimers and you can live with the flaws, just go get her! But if you’re looking for a so-called “Super-Rep” which is very close to gen in terms of accurcy then there are better options for you (like Seawolf v2, Superocean Abyss, Super Avenger...).

Wristies:

1aU9VK2.jpg

11rMrIj.jpg

Pics gallery (outdoor natural lighting):

vjOvWXK.jpg

dWLOSg6.jpg

LDNv71X.jpg

c9cLjtf.jpg

ehhaKpD.jpg

atbJrXQ.jpg

vJbLV4B.jpg

U6EYCam.jpg

QcrNbvt.jpg

5gZoIuz.jpg

7z11O3H.jpg

Thanks for looking! good.gif

• Like 2

interesting...

the bezel is much improved...the cuts are deeper and more pronounced...the edges in between each cut are a little too sharp/pointy...the gen appears to be a little thicker and less sharp/pointy...all in all, a much better bezel than the old Navi rep...thinking the case/dial/crystal does looks pretty good in general...

the old skool Navi tricompax with low beat movements had a similar recessed date wheel - so it looks like they used the same transfer mechanism on this one...i'm referring to the old skool Navi version...the previous older Navitimers with the high beat movement had a more recessed date wheel version...

a modder could always raise the date wheel with the application of another date wheel on top of the existing one - using the fishing line method to raise the overlay date wheel to clear the transfer wheel...importr has a post on here about it...have never tried to this, but the mod doesn't look too bad... here's the link: http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/141960-ar-shortfalls-diy-raised-datewheel-for-navitimer/

Yeah great pics and generally a very very nice Breitling to add to the collection. It is a shame about the dw font though.

I'm considering buying one of these to do the raised dw mod. Although when I last did it, it was on a high beat movt...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

FYI - from iyaayas12 @ RepGeek

Well I have some good and bad news for you guys.  I got in touch with Josh @ Perfect Clones and was talking to him about this watch and he told me that his model would be a 28.8 version and the "sunken" date calendar problem would be fixed!!!  I was very excited to hear the news until he told me the bad news.... It would be 2-3 months before his refined version would be available for purchase.  Just thought that I would provide an update for the rest of you guys.  Looks I will be waiting.  To all the others that have stuck their neck out there for us and took the plunge I thank you for that and applause you for your efforts to document your findings!

Andrew did tell me months ago that a Navi will be coming out with these issues resolved, but I started to doubt it when this new 01 model came out. Let's hope the 2-3 months is realistic!

The only way the makers can fix the date is to rework the dial for an A7753.

I really doubt they would raise the dw on a normal 7750 tricompax.

but then I could be proven wrong. Modding a dw could be cheaper than using 7753....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello guys!

I have a question which i think for some of you should be an easy task to answer :) .

I am totally blinded by the beauty of the Navitimer that our fellow Hansmeier has purchased

from puretime - btw i would like to wish Hansmeier to wear it in health and enjoy it ;) - and i'm

definitely planning to get one very soon! But my concern right now is whether i should buy the

white dialed one with black subdials which is a high beat model (28800 bph as it is written on the site)

even though it is not a model officially released by Breitling (fantasy model is called??), OR whether i

should stick to the other two models with the low beat A7750 (21600 bph)?? :confused:  Why does the white dial

one has a high beat movement while the other two the low beat??? I'm totally baffled here and if anyone

can answer these questions please feel free to respond!