When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This has probably been asked a million times...

hbkiddy

hbkiddy, Boy you were close! By my calculations the question has been asked 984,912 times! Happy collecting! :clap2:

• Like 1

But... What in everybody's opinion are the top 5 Rep vs. Gen Closest to Original Reps available today?

Any ideas everybody?!

The definition of "Super Rep" varies among collectors.

It all boils down to how close you think your own rep is to gen, and the flaws you could live with.

What matters is, you need to find your own super reps in this hobby.

Just to share, I once wore a gen AP ROO and told my business partner (who owns the same model) that it was a super rep. 

He was really mad for a few days about it, asking why should he spend so much buying it blah blah blah until I told him that I was only messing with him.

As I mentioned to my friends here, its not so much about how accurate a watch is on your wrist, but the amount of temerity you possess to carry it off.

Alvin, that is what I have always preached. The manner and temerity in which you carry yourself determines what reps you are able to pull off with due aplomb. When I had money I bought a wardrobe of clothes that are still in vogue , but on any given day I;m wearing 1 to 2 thousand in attire, shoes, and a couple hundred bucks for the watch. Never have I been questioned about whether my watch is real or not. Maybe it has to do with my being 6'4" and the question poser fears instant death. ;) However, that is not as plausible as how we carry ourselves. Simple as that. Thanks for bringing that up Legend!!

• Like 1

Alvin, that is what I have always preached. The manner and temerity in which you carry yourself determines what reps you are able to pull off with due aplomb. When I had money I bought a wardrobe of clothes that are still in vogue , but on any given day I;m wearing 1 to 2 thousand in attire, shoes, and a couple hundred bucks for the watch. Never have I been questioned about whether my watch is real or not. Maybe it has to do with my being 6'4" and the question poser fears instant death. ;) However, that is not as plausible as how we carry ourselves. Simple as that. Thanks for bringing that up Legend!!

+1

No point wearing a 10 grand rep rollie and getting out of a shed on wheels with no road tax! (I've done it!)

What you wear is just as important as how you wear it IMO. I'm a window cleaner and never get called out on my 3k brietlings.

My mantra is the gen version of your rep should never be worth more that your wheels. Unless your sixx bones then just do what the hell you want! Normal rules simply don't apply to that man!

• Like 1