When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM297 From Trusty Time, The Quality is not consistent from the same factory

nantzv

According the Panerai reference guide, PAM297 should be a super rep. But from what I have got, its far from super rep..... 

As Andrew said, "you should not nitpick at all"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The First one: There are some dots in minute hand. Actually I SHOULD NOT NITPICK about this one, no one would scrutinize in such details....

post-61888-0-46277100-1393366455_thumb.jpost-61888-0-75592400-1393366533_thumb.p

The Second one: Because the amount of superlume used. There is huge color difference between the needles and number markers.

post-61888-0-59916300-1393366535_thumb.jpost-61888-0-00464000-1393366543_thumb.p

Andrew is fast and reliable. He's been a TD here and other forums for a very long time.

His answers are never nice nor complete though. He's not polite and answers what he wants.

After the second or third question I can read how [censored] of he's short answering my doubts. If you are not comfortable with the QC pics or if they differ from what's on his site or imgur QCs, ask for a new watch.

Andrew is a very reasonable chap and I can assure you that as a new member here with2 posts, one a complaint against a trusted dealer, as opposed to dealing directly with Andrew, who will always remedy the situation. Your post here does nothing more than get you off on the wrong foot with him. I have in the past bought over 20 watches from him and he has always provided remedy to any issue, to include sending a replacement at no extra charge. The art of diplomacy is far more effective than battle strategy.

• Like 1

Andrew is a very reasonable chap and I can assure you that as a new member here with2 posts, one a complaint against a trusted dealer, as opposed to dealing directly with Andrew, who will always remedy the situation. Your post here does nothing more than get you off on the wrong foot with him. I have in the past bought over 20 watches from him and he has always provided remedy to any issue, to include sending a replacement at no extra charge. The art of diplomacy is far more effective than battle strategy.

+1

The OP is obvious new here so instead of tarring and feathering him lets try and educate him on how things work!

This was obviously not the best way to handle this issue but gutting a newb is not quite warranted!

OP no Andrew is not a polite chap at all but he will help you out and there is always flaws even with the super reps if QC doesn't satisfy you reject and ask for another if none satisfy ask for refund very simple!

First one looks good IMO!

You can zoom in on your screen 20x?

Your eyes cannot. So in real life you won't even see the dots.

I remember rejecting a Exp II over and over again because the lume was poorly applied when zoomed in on my screen. Angus (Puretime) promised me that it would not be visible in real life. So I accepted the piece, and once it arrived I didn't see it with my bare eyes.

First one looks good IMO!

You can zoom in on your screen 20x?

Your eyes cannot. So in real life you won't even see the dots.

I remember rejecting a Exp II over and over again because the lume was poorly applied when zoomed in on my screen. Angus (Puretime) promised me that it would not be visible in real life. So I accepted the piece, and once it arrived I didn't see it with my bare eyes.

I had a similar experience but it was in regard to a scratch on a screw. In the end I accepted the watch with the promise by the TD that he would send extra screws to replace the scratched screw. It's been over 6 months and I have never replaced that screw.....I couldn't find the scratch, it was too small!   :) 

• 3 weeks later...

To sympathize with you OP, i didnt have the best experience with Andrew although i have ordered from him more than once. However, TD's here are not to scam anyone and although they might pressure you to just taking the watch, you can simply ask for another one. And yes, Andrew also told me not to nitpick, but some of them were just horrible, and id rather have my money back otherwise. With that being said, you should also understand the expectation of the replica market. Yes some are lucky to get more decent reps, but by paying only $300 its like buying a G shock, and so the QC's are definitely harder to come by than that. You must understand that the workers are under sub-optimal working conditions, by which consistency is not enforced as well as other real brands. There isnt anything much you can do to change that but what you can do is ask for another, be bold on your position and not settle for less than what you desire from. But keep in mind your expectations, be realistic and take a look around to search and understand the rep game before you plunge into rage.

P.S Toro has been friendly for me and does not really pressure me, howevet which, the QC process is the same for all dealers, if ur lucky u only need 1 shot, otherwise, its a long lottery game ;)

Take care bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by folex

I wonder if Andrew is the same person as say 5 years ago. Perhaps he sold the business to another person. He was at one time very helpful and while never gave long answers he was not rude. Now he seems literally like a new person OR we (the rep community) changed him over the years.

TimeShare