When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Rep Rolex in Your Opinion and Why?

JJPanerai

Hey Guys-

Still a noob here but just wanted to see which reps and AD's you think have the best or most undetectable rolex reps? I am looking for something that only a jewler could determine as a rep or as close as reps can get to that. If this really isn't a possibility and it very well could be, then should I just be scouring the forum for franken watches that have the important gen pieces (whatever those may be)? Sorry for the presumable noob questions but I figured it was worth a shot and you guys might hook me up with some valuble info/ lessons in this whole ordeal.

• Like 1

Start by reading this thread from last year  http://www.rwg.cc/topic/158312-super-reps-for-2013/?hl=+superrep

In my opinion, the Explorer 1, Noob Explorer 2, BP GMT-2 C BK modded, and TC V6 sub are among the best. The new noobfactory Datejust 2 models are pretty damn good as well.

I personally don't think the sport models hold the crown for the best rep. What I believe drives the perception of the subs or GMTs being considered the best reps is they are the best reps available but no were near the best reps. To me the best reps are going to be the most simple rolexes like the datejust or explorer I. The less they have to worry about the better the replica in my opinion. As far as ADs most of them on this site get the watches from the same factories so it's really about pricing and QC at that point. Personally mymanmatt has made the best reps of the DJ I have ever seen period. Hope this helps

The best replica watches are made one at a time by 'modders', not purchased from dealers etc.

For example, I have a 15200 that I got from a former member in Canada that he put together using:

A 'like new' complete genuine 15200 case.

Genuine dial.

Genuine hands (modified).

Genuine date wheel.

New old stock Eta 12892 (chronometer grade, c/o a few years back).

I added a black croc strap, oem spec springbars, and steel replica buckle.

Who was it?

Hint...too bad he is Stil not around. ;)

No one can tell it is a replica/Frankenstein because it is all genuine on the outside.

You can tell it is not 100% genuine by the direction the crown has to be turned to advance the time...and you can hear the ball bearings in the winding rotor.

So what's the catch?

It cost about $700 to make.

Imho...

For 'custom made replicas'...TC and WM9.

For 'store bought' replicas...some of the better DJ and no date Explorers.

Also don't forget that rep explorers and GMTs have incorrect hand stacking which is an instant tell if you're looking for it. 4 years go I had no idea what that meant and didn't care. Now, every time I see a GMT in the wild, that's all I am looking for.

Good luck

• Like 1

Also don't forget that rep explorers and GMTs have incorrect hand stacking which is an instant tell if you're looking for it. 4 years go I had no idea what that meant and didn't care. Now, every time I see a GMT in the wild, that's all I am looking for.

Good luck

Thanks for the advice, I definitely have heard that the hands are much lower on the reps and easy to spot for a seasoned watch enthusiast.

Edited by JJPanerai

The best replica watches are made one at a time by 'modders', not purchased from dealers etc.

For example, I have a 15200 that I got from a former member in Canada that he put together using:

A 'like new' complete genuine 15200 case.

Genuine dial.

Genuine hands (modified).

Genuine date wheel.

New old stock Eta 12892 (chronometer grade, c/o a few years back).

I added a black croc strap, oem spec springbars, and steel replica buckle.

Who was it?

Hint...too bad he is Stil not around. ;)

No one can tell it is a replica/Frankenstein because it is all genuine on the outside.

You can tell it is not 100% genuine by the direction the crown has to be turned to advance the time...and you can hear the ball bearings in the winding rotor.

So what's the catch?

It cost about $700 to make.

Imho...

For 'custom made replicas'...TC and WM9.

For 'store bought' replicas...some of the better DJ and no date Explorers.

Yea I am ok with the $700 price tag and have actually started to collect gen pieces. The real issue is that I am not watch compitent at all at this point, so I already contacted BK and might be sending some parts his way to help with the build.

• Like 1

The simple approach imho is to shoot for the 16600 series as they are all better made than the new ceramic subs. Same for the Datejust. If it´s a Seadweller there is one Cyclops less to worry about. That means for around 200 USD You already get 90% of the looks. Every 1/2 percent better than costs between 100 and 200 USD more. Obviously if You worry the hands being too near the dial (which they are) TC is the way to go but if You are this perfectionist You also need to have acquired the skills to improve it Yourself so You may create Your own and unique money pit:) a wonderful one by the way...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, kamalog2014 said:

Thank you for reply .Have you tryed any ?

Sent from my BIRDY using Tapatalk

Well, I believe that most of the guys here who have been around for a while have tried every rep Rolex watches from all the trusted dealers, and in every case the watches have flaws. Some more than others, but they all fall short. What you have to understand that in this game, folks are trying to achieve degrees of perfection, as 100% perfection is not achievable. If you want that, you need to buy a genuine Rolex.

The reason we mod watches is to make them better, it's a game ,challenging to gather all the parts and then put together the best watch possible within your budget.

I tend to agree with one of the earlier posted who said the best reps are the ones that replicate simple watches. Like the early Explorers, Datejusts, and others who have simple cases and uncomplicated dials. But no matter which one you chose and which dealer you buy from, all of the stock, "out the box" reps are going to have flaws. What you have to do as a buyer is decide which one has the least number of flaws that you can live with and purchase that watch. All the dealers carry the same watches, as they are all built in a small number of factories. Pick the watch that suits you and then pick a dealer that you feel comfortable with.

Stick to the trusted dealers section on here, you're asking for trouble with solidswiss where there have been loads of horror stories across the rep fora, and what looks like a pretty obvious fake trustytime site in Russia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also ignore the website pictures, the dodgy sites use gen pics so obviously look good.

• Like 1

Have a look in the watches, clothes and accessories section on here. The only ones I can speak for on here personally are Sead (Supermirrors) and he's never let me down. He doesn't have a glossy website but providing you do your research and know which watch you want from which factory he is very good at sourcing a good one. The other being puretime who have a nice website with proper rep pictures on, a QC process so you can check the watches out to ensure no glaring errors in quality control (I've found I've needed to do this with pt a few times - they're a bigger organisation than Sead, churning more watches and therefore missing things from time to time, also everyone's tolerances are different so this is a handy way of ensuring what you're getting before it arrives) their communication is quick and clear, with Sead it can take a while sometimes because he doesn't have the resources PT do. Overall it's whatever floats your boat - 80% of my watches come from Sead, I can't talk highly enough of him. Puretime have also been very good, and many on here will speak highly of TrustyTime, Toro, Josh and the others - they're TD's for a reason, they've earned the right to be recommended by the community here and have kept that service level going for a considerable time.

My advice is spend a long time looking around the brand sections, trading, TD's etc - familiarise yourself with the watches you like, different versions and the processes when it comes to getting a watch. Read the reviews and decide for yourself. People won't always answer questions because the information is all here. Good luck and enjoy!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...