When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Waterproof PO Advice Needed

devnull

Looking to buy my first rep, and want a 45 PO that is waterproof to at least 30m, and could use some advice. They would both end up being about the same cost after shipping...

Option 1:  Ultimate PO Rep from trusty (not ceramic) and have him waterproof it for a fee.  Would be a little cheaper if I go with the asian movement, which I am leaning towards.

or

Option 2:  The Noob CRPO is factory waterproof, would buy from puretime most likely, unless someone has a better dealer they recommend.  Only drawback here is the open caseback is a big tell, which may bother me.

or

Am I crazy for thinking a rep can be waterproofed at all?

Thanks for your replies...after doing some research I am leaning towards the Noob CRPO even with the obvious tell on the caseback.

Its not like I am going to try an sell it as a gen, and if I am comfrtable enough to take off my watch and hand it to you, I will be comfortable enough to tell you it is a rep.

Some sites say it is factory to 30m, but I will have it tested in case.  A place not to far from me is claiming $25 for the test..is that reasonable?  I am in between Sac and Tahoe, if anyone has a recommendation for service.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you bought it from puretime they should have sent you a QC pic of them pressure testing. I've never had any issues with puretime watches or any of my reps. I've taken most of them diving to 50ft :snorkel:  with zero issues. Enjoy to the max!