When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for Gold 6263 Newman Rolex

Guest sharkrun20

Guest sharkrun20

I know DW has these, but a bit nervous about ordering from him.  I'm willing to spend upwards of $1k for the right one and open to a franken.  I just have no idea what it takes to build these.  I want a vintagized one so to speak, but not sure how that works with a plating.  What would a solid gold 6263 case cost?  Does one even exist?

At some point I'd consider a gen bracelet but for now, I have a Newman style crocodile bund lined up for it.  

So, does anyone have a direction to point me towards?

Thanks in advance.

I had the same problem, I really,really wanted one about a year ago, probably right about the time DW was having all his problems, and some of the members here were waiting on watches and parts and DW had disappeared. I contacted him and he had one, unfortunately, one it had the black dial and I wanted the gold,and two, his PayPal was locked and he wanted me to use Western Union for payment. I'm very hesitant about WU and certainly not with someone who was having lots of problems. So, long story short, I passed on the watch.

AFA another source, I would contact spin master. He was able to get the watch from DW, and do all the mods like remove the rotor and auto wind mechanism. He also could do mods like gen crown,crystal, etc. I would try contacting him to see if he can still source watches and parts from DW. Outside of that, might luck up and find one for sale on one of the sales forums, post a want to buy here, RG and RWI. You might get lucky. I really don't know of any other source for the Gold 6263.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you want gold, you will be paying alot more than $1,000 for a 62xx Daytona. Try $15k-$20k+ & Phong. I would also factor in the cost of a complete overhaul by a professional watchmaker upon receipt of any fully-assembled franken you purchase as they often look much better on the outside than they do on the inside. ;)

Gold plating a SS case & parts can be done w/o much difficulty. The trick is to find a vendor who w/ patiently allow the plating to build up and not be ready to dissappear w/o heavy use. I have had vintage cases plated successfully & had a long life span.... Look for a jeweler who has plating expierience & go for it! The cases ie: DW have been electroplated by a competent tech & w/ some effort you can find a resource....Best, mcotter

If you know what the gens look like (you have done your research, right?), it makes a difference. How much depends on your knowledge/experience level. Either would fool the man in the street or average Rolex owner (who knows nothing), but neither would fool a serious Rolex collector.

Guest sharkrun20

I should probably just stick with the standard DW or spin watch. I'm not that OCD about mm differences in watches as long as it feels high quality. The strap vs the bracelet should solve that issue.

I should probably just stick with the standard DW or spin watch. I'm not that OCD about mm differences in watches as long as it feels high quality. The strap vs the bracelet should solve that issue.

OCD is truly CDO if you really have it........