When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

newbie - needs some guidance on acronyms

Hi everyone, i just signed up here and i'm looking to purchase my first watch or 2.

There are so many acronyms that i have come across that i cant seem to figure out, despite my searches.

Specifically, i'd like to find a few websites to purchase from. 

I've learned what a NOOB watch is thru google, but where can i find a NOOB Explorer ii in white?

i may lean towards this for my first one.

Is there a glossary for me to read for acronyms? Seems like there used to be, but the links appear to not work.

specifically want to know what the following stand for so i can do more homework....

BK?

MBW? 

LUCKY?

George?

AD"?

Thanks so much for you help and patience.

NOOB and BK are factories that assemble the parts into the watches, they are not the only ones, the ZF is a new upcoming factory.

MBW - don't know - post a link to the thread where you saw it.

George - a blokes name - post a link to the thread where you saw it.

AD = Active (or Actual or Genuine) Dealer - for example a Rolex or Tag McLaren dealer.

There are loads of others, you will learn them all over time.

Now, go and read the TDs forums, become a VIP, don't forget to not ask WHTBS and have a play in the CB!

:)

Hi everyone, i just signed up here and i'm looking to purchase my first watch or 2.

There are so many acronyms that i have come across that i cant seem to figure out, despite my searches.

I've learned what a NOOB watch is thru google, but where can i find a NOOB Explorer ii in white?

Is there a glossary for me to read for acronyms? Seems like there used to be, but the links appear to not work.

specifically want to know what the following stand for so i can do more homework....

BK?

MBW? 

LUCKY?

George?

AD"?

BK = a trusted dealer. Listed here as BK's Watch Garage.

MBW = aka Maria's Best Watch. a manufacturer of watches. Primarily discussed with vintage Rolex's. You will also see MBK in conjunction (or sometimes interchangeably), which is where the MBW's could be purchased.

GEORGE = aka WM9. Another manufacturer of watches. Famous for his Subs. Apparently died. TC has managed to find some of his parts suppliers and is building similar watches now.

AD = Authorized Dealer (of gen watches)

Of course you'll now ask who TC is .... :bangin:

TC = aka Thomas Cadell. Another trusted dealer. Listed here as TC Submariner.

I've now spoon-fed you enough information to get you started. All of which you could have found yourself using the search feature or looking at the forum's home page.

"Earning your stripes" is all about using the search function.

Edited by tomhorn

BK?

MBW?

LUCKY?

George?

AD"?

It can be a bit much to know but it is out there to learn. Also, don't let anyone tell you that you can't ask a question. Yes there are questions that scream that your a newbie but understand it's not so much the topic but the way a newbie asks the question that will upset the members....

Example: who has the best sub? All around stupid question that the obvious answer to is Rolex.....

Better question: I've seen mention of TC, BK or Noob in regards to sub but I don't know the difference. Can anyone point me to a great post comparing these? I've tried the search but I'm still confused.... Still screams newbie but shows you've tried, and do try the search function, it works great! Also of value, use google search to search rwg by typing "site:rwgforum.net BK sub" in he search function and be amazed at the results that appear....

BK= modder/dealer that sources noob watches and provides QC and support on the stuff he sells. US based and has a section here that lists his products for sale.

MBW=MBK= supplier of rolex reps or cases, not really around this forum but they are good quality and show up from time to time in the sales section.

George=WM9= name of a former supplier to BK that had great Rollie watches that reports say died in a car wreck. WM9 was apparently one branch of a family business that the other half is still around and supplies watches to TC.

AD= Authorized dealer, ie the store that is authorized from the factory to sell the real deal.

Lucky= from a long time ago, don't remember much about lucky someone else can fill you in.

Now that Tom and jpz got you started go look for these  CG, LEC, ICHS (tough one), "A" in front of movement number (gimme), AR, Ok that's enough for now have fun, it really is if you are a watch guy. Hint: all part/s,terms describing a watch or how they are put together , you might know most now but if you don't gonna need to .

Keep reading around the forums and you'll be right. Make the best use of the search function and pretty soon you'll be talking pretty much entirely in acronyms

Eg.

I PM TT to get me an ETA SS SMP. Paid WU and sent EMS to CONUS, but was DOA. Gonna send it to ZZ to fix it, realign DW and get AR :D

Here's a decent thread I found

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/107966-acronyms-list-for-noobs-needed/

"I PM TT to get me an ETA SS SMP. Paid WU and sent EMS to CONUS, but was DOA. Gonna send it to ZZ to fix it, realign DW and get AR :D"

Sorry to hear but better than sending back. Hate WU never use it, gonna look better now anyway.

Oh sorry, that was just an example of how you can write a sentence made up mostly with acronyms :)

Yes and a proper reply if you know them, that is an example of how to figure them out. In time toosmoke will be able to answer also, it takes a lot of reading but he will see acronyms and figure out their meaning based on content of the answers just like I did.

Everybody should bear in mind that the search function is rather broken, this is known about and plans are in place but as far as I understand on the current forum platform the search function is just pants.

It is good enough for this purpose, but trying to search for a particular post by a particular person is very hit and miss.

I PM TT to get me an ETA SS SMP. Paid WU and sent EMS to CONUS, but was DOA. Gonna send it to ZZ to fix it, realign DW and get AR :D

That sucks? I msgd PT for a DSSD but couldnt use PP... Then I tried TB but he only took WU. So I went over to RWI and got one in a M2M that shipped from EU in no time. Mint condition! :D
  • Like 1