When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Showing off my Franken Offshore Chrono...

I'm mostly a lurker on this forum but I enjoy it more everytime I visit. Been a long time member over at the RG though.

Wanted to show what I had Domi put together for me a while ago.
The watch is based of a V4 Chronopassion in solid Titanium.
Now over the the specs:

Case - Solid Titanium rep
Movement - Brand New LWO 39 jewels with Dubois-Depraz Chrono Module
Custom datewheel with gen font
Dial and Tachy Bezel - Brand New Deep blue Genuine Audemars Piguet
Crystal - AR coated rep crystal
Strap - rep Rubber with AP signed buckle.

The watch runs super smooth, keeps great time and the chrono features work perfectly!
The chrono pushers work flawlessly and are easy to activate, not hard to push in like A7750 movements or some of the reps around that make a nasty noise when pushed.... Tried to sell it over at the RG but its such a powerful piece its hard to part with.

9C784465-71B4-469B-9151-CCB48DC2079D_zps

EC73167F-3BCD-4D66-ABF2-7DE927889C16_zps

932D018D-DC02-4DD0-A176-154C0CF60993_zps

379463AB-6354-4E6A-B04A-67D1E39D01A4_zps

6EDC9BCD-3A98-44C2-BA8E-F1219CCF5A07_zps

42BFAAAE-0169-4544-BDDF-4767AF8D9FDC_zps

42562945-741E-4617-9441-59EF7A8538B2_zps

looks just like the one that's for sale on RG ;) At any rate it is a beautiful watch. I'm afraid that these franken AP builds are too rich for my blood, but they sure are nice.

Sorry that you are having problems selling your watch over on RG, but selling one of these "Super frankens" is often as hard as finding the parts to build it. I have been on this forum for over 8 years, and around 4-5 years before that on the old TRC. In those 12 or so years, I have seen the sales forums littered with broken dreams, beautiful watches lovingly put together that ended up being broken up for parts, as they never sold. Sell a 300-500 USD watch on these forums, no problem, but the higher the price the smaller the buyer pool. When you get into that 3-4K+ price range, the air gets pretty rarified up there. Just not that many folks on these forums that have the cash or desire to buy a 3K+ franken. When new members come onto the forum here and start asking about building a franken with lots of expensive genuine parts, my advice has always been, "You better really like it and plan it as a keeper, because it may not be very easy to sell if you have to sell it" 

• Like 1

looks just like the one that's for sale on RG ;) At any rate it is a beautiful watch. I'm afraid that these franken AP builds are too rich for my blood, but they sure are nice.

Sorry that you are having problems selling your watch over on RG, but selling one of these "Super frankens" is often as hard as finding the parts to build it. I have been on this forum for over 8 years, and around 4-5 years before that on the old TRC. In those 12 or so years, I have seen the sales forums littered with broken dreams, beautiful watches lovingly put together that ended up being broken up for parts, as they never sold. Sell a 300-500 USD watch on these forums, no problem, but the higher the price the smaller the buyer pool. When you get into that 3-4K+ price range, the air gets pretty rarified up there. Just not that many folks on these forums that have the cash or desire to buy a 3K+ franken. When new members come onto the forum here and start asking about building a franken with lots of expensive genuine parts, my advice has always been, "You better really like it and plan it as a keeper, because it may not be very easy to sell if you have to sell it" 

Great info panerai! I was kind of wondering that myself, seeing guys on here spending a grip installing all these gen crystals, faces, inserts, hands, movements, stems, etc. . .

I totally agree with you.

The watch looks great tho! :) 

I'm mostly a lurker on this forum but I enjoy it more everytime I visit. Been a long time member over at the RG though.

Wanted to show what I had Domi put together for me a while ago.

The watch is based of a V4 Chronopassion in solid Titanium.

Now over the the specs:

Case - Solid Titanium rep

Movement - Brand New LWO 39 jewels with Dubois-Depraz Chrono Module

Custom datewheel with gen font

Dial and Tachy Bezel - Brand New Deep blue Genuine Audemars Piguet

Crystal - AR coated rep crystal

Strap - rep Rubber with AP signed buckle.

The watch runs super smooth, keeps great time and the chrono features work perfectly!

The chrono pushers work flawlessly and are easy to activate, not hard to push in like A7750 movements or some of the reps around that make a nasty noise when pushed.... Tried to sell it over at the RG but its such a powerful piece its hard to part with.

What would really complete this are gen hands. To me, this is a significant tell of any rep ROO, but its just me.

Yes. I did and still own some frankens and gens. Sadly, 2 of my frankens were sold because I could not find gen hands to complete the set. :(

Having said that, yours is a very nice piece by itself. Enjoy her, and wear her well! :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...