When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What do you think, or my bad luck continues!

panerai153

I just bought this 063 in a non sales forum M2M sale. Everything seems to be OK, however yesterday I noticed something strange with the cyclops. At first I thought this was a reflection, but it's not. There is something inside the crystal that is on the bottom of the cyclops. Looks like a piece of paper or plastic. Now this will need to go to someone who can take the crystal off clean the inside and reinstall.

5ahy7adu.jpg

nehabe9a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly something that don't belong in there.  It don't look like some lume that has come away from the dial.  Obviously yu would need to open the watch up to remove it.

Certainly something that don't belong in there. It don't look like some lume that has come away from the dial. Obviously yu would need to open the watch up to remove it.

You are right, something that got left behind!! I looked at the dial with a 10X loupe, and it's not Lume. What is so crazy, a couple of hours after I posted the photos, I looked done, and it was gone. So now it's probably somewhere inside, which depending on where it ended up, is probably worse. Looks Like this one is going to have to make a trip to a watchsmith to find the loose bits. It's a 2893-2 movement, probably could use a service as it's several years old, and it's losing 15-20 sec/ day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is another update, The piece of whatever is still gone, but when I look at the Cyclops through a loupe, I get this "bulls eye' affect where the DW numbers are really clear in a smaller circle inside the bigger Cyclops, almost like someone fastened a smaller Cyclops to the center of the larger one. It is definitely not right, as the numbers get real cloudy when looking at then from and angle. If you look at the photos, you can see the circle within a circle. these photos were taken at a little bit of an angle, but if you look at it dead on, the inner circle is right in the middle of the Cyclops. has anyone ever heard of anyone putting some sort of supplemental Cyclops below the regular one? this is getting very perplexing to me, as I really can't see why this Cyclops looks like it does.

Man bad run lately. :fool:

Maybe I should have stayed away from 063's !!! All the rest are fine. I'll get this sorted out, may take a while. Our friend up close to you will get it fixed, will have to wait a while, as he isn't taking on any new projects until after summer vacation. Nice thing is all are running OK, and are definitely wearable until then.

I believe this might be a spec of light. It was very common with the Noob 243 and even the gen cyclops do have this issue.

What is strange is the speck changes shape and position and sometimes disappears.

Also what is weird is the "bulls eye" effect when you look at the numbers through the cyclops, it really looks like there is a smaller cyclops within the larger one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may well be reflections, or I have a shape changer inside my crystal!!! At times, I suppose depending on the light, it disappears completely. Probably the only fix for this would be a new crystal/ cyclops

At some point, I will send it off to get a problem with the GMT hand not setting properly, but it's not urgent, the watch runs fine, I got the GMT hand to where I wanted it with a little finagling, so all is well for now.