When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

FGD minute hand won't fit flush with CP. What to do?

I have a FGD minute hand that will not quite fit flush with the CP on an Asian clone movement. Do I want to file down the bottom of the "tube" on the underside of the hand a bit, broach the hand (even though it's painted) or file/polish the CP edge a bit?

I pushed pretty darn hard trying brute force but to no avail.

Thanks!

dont file/sand off the bottom of the minute hand  ... you may end up with minute and hour hand rubbing each other due to lack of clearence between them.

Get a cannon pin tat is 3.15 mm like here http://www.tztoolshop.com/page151.html

however you can find such sligtly higher CP in asian 6497 like those in rep watch.

I pretty sure at the back of my head there is a differnece between the 18 kbph and the 21.6 kbph .. gearing size is not the same.

hope this makes some sense to you and able to help u.

cheers

lz

Shoot. I first fitted an H3 ETA CP and while it snapped on it seemed to slip and not turn with the movement. I think that it was lose on the post. So I went back to the CP that came with the movement.

It is from a rep PAM and looks to be the right height. Will,double check.

Edited by alt.watch.obsessive

you have to confirm the hands are loose when fitted. You can try slightly moving the hand after being fitted to confirm if it is loose. 

The CP is fitted to the first wheel in such a way that it is allow to slight "somewhat slip like a clutch" but not overly loose ... If the hour hand is moving normally and the minute is not, then you need a staking tool to "tighten" up the CP. 

Edited by level z

Thanks for the info. I should have an alternate CP from an Asian movement somewhere and will try that first. I don't think my skills will let me get to the first wheel myself.

I am used to improvising with Rolex stuff, but PAMs have always just popped together for me until this.