When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

rep Black Bay Blue pix

highoeyazmuhudee

incoming black bay blue

dealer QC pics

does it pass?

my only possible concerns are

the hour marker alignment being centered, cant tell if illusion and angle or off center.

and the crown where it meets the tube there is a bit of a visible gap. again hard to tell if just the angle

any black bay owners want to confirm these being illusions?

any other issues im not seeing?

post-10838-0-56298100-1405529047_thumb.j

post-10838-0-13389100-1405529055_thumb.j

post-10838-0-49808100-1405529063_thumb.j

post-10838-0-52532600-1405529071_thumb.j

post-10838-0-01346900-1405529081_thumb.j

Gorgeous.  I'd be very interested to see a side-by-side with a gen, once it's available.  It looks good right now, but I'm curious as to how closely the blue matches. 

Also, I would love to see the blue Black Bay with gilt hands/dial.  Now who can I convince to take one in red and silver?

I'll play guinea pig if my v1 red one arrives while I still own the blue one.

The only thing is the red bezel has the vintage lume pearl to match the dial markers and the blue bezel has the whiter pearl

I'll play guinea pig if my v1 red one arrives while I still own the blue one.

The only thing is the red bezel has the vintage lume pearl to match the dial markers and the blue bezel has the whiter pearl

your blue bay is a rep ?

if so do you think you could snag a pic of the tudor logo on the dial for me and the 12 oclock marker?

I believe the taller blue tube was one of the "improvements" on the V2.  The gen BB's have the taller tubes that are clearly visible.  I dont think its a concern here.

The rose logo does seem to be missing a petal or two for sure.

Not sure that the 12"Oclock marker is off.. looks ok to me.

Gorgeous.  I'd be very interested to see a side-by-side with a gen, once it's available.  It looks good right now, but I'm curious as to how closely the blue matches. 

Also, I would love to see the blue Black Bay with gilt hands/dial.  Now who can I convince to take one in red and silver?

If you're serious I'll swap with you. Now we just have to buy one in each color...

ive played with the gen piece, it can appear black sometimes.

i agree with the tudor rose logo not being accurate on the dials. i feel the red insert gilt dial is actually a more accurate print.

there seems to be varying quality control within the ZF factory i rejected two dealer pics and settled on one that was "good enough"

the first dial print was below average missing print in some sports on the dial, crown stem was a little too long as well revealing too much of the tube end

2nd watch dial was perfect BUT the bezel ring wasnt installed correctly or damaged or something, in a side pic i could see the teeth and the ring sat above the case more than in any other pic. also the rose logo on the crown might have been missing some black paint in a spot

3rd watch. crown looks good, dial looks good, one of the minute hashes might not be a solid print but probably not noticeable at practical distances, bezel looks good, pearl lume might be a bit uneven, pearl looks centered, case back looks good. didnt visually inspect the bracelet. second hand looked a bit odd but could be an optical illusion.

i know the watches shortcomings as a rep, i can live with those, but misprint and non functioning crowns improperly installed or damaged bezels, they need to get the QC a bit higher.

wish dealers wouldnt even bother sending me pics like that, cant they just judge the obvious errors for themselves?

after i receive the watch my concerns will probably be of the reliability of that clone eta tudor movement inside

Nice watch. I can not really see the off center marker issue... rose print is somewhat off putting and this can become a constant bug easily

i rejected the one i posted here for a much better one. the one i received came with a couple of really tight bracelet screws and a speck of dust under the crystal. but really pick your poison with rep QC