When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help New Watch Not Working. It's Only Hours Old.

jester69

So I got my first rep Breitling Navitimer World. I was going to do a review on it and the seller, but it's not working.

I followed the instructions on how to wind it and use the watch and did so. It worked for a few hours. Then when I got home today I noticed it wasn't running. I tried winding it a bit more and still nothing.

I emailed the seller, but don't expect him to respond instantly and I'm excited to wear the watch so I thought I'd the fine folks here.

Thanks. 

Wheeew, no, it's not fixed. I'm just relieved to know that it's not my fault. I thought maybe I wound it wrong. BUT I DIDN'T. I opened up the back and dam if 2 screws and 3 tabs fell out. The ones that hold the movement it. The third screw was bound up in the little wheel where the spring it. So let's see if I can get it out safely. Any help is still welcome.

IT WASN'T MY FAULT!!! WOO HOO!! Still kind of ticked, no pun intended, I want to wear the dam thing.

IT'S Fixed. Wasn't too bad just working with small parts. Just rotated the wheel and the screw came into view and viola, fixed. So let's see if it stays running.

Thank god I don't have to send it back.

So I learned a few things, first never write a review the day you get the watch. This won't affect my review negatively as it's not the sellers fault and was just some loose screws. But it's best to let things set a while to make sure everything is running correctly.

Also I was going to use a toothpick to get the blue protective film off the 'B' on the crown, but I got a thought from the tape I used to open the case back. I used it to get the majority of the film off.

LOL thanks I appreciate it. I was kind of freaking out, hence all the posts. It was like 'i just got this dam thing and it doesn't work'.

Trusty time gave me a $15 off coupon for my next order.

Good that you've been able to take the screw out of the hair spring without messing it up (it's the most delicate part of the watch!) :)

So now know you why I always say that it's better to service these movements ;)

Edited by GenTLe

@GenTLe, yeah no kidding. First thing when I get a new watch now is to open up the back and check it out.

Yeah I was able to rotate the balance wheel and the screw came into view, like a conveyor belt and then I turned the watch over and it fell out.

I was just weird that ALL 3 Movement to Case mount screws and tabs were out.